anyone found a fix for the right side exhaust problem???

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2001, 08:29 PM
watch the weather change

Location: Houston, TX - Uhhh, now what y'all know bout them Texas boys, Comin down in candied toys, smokin wee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone found a fix for the right side exhaust problem???

i was just curious... i've seen alot of cl's with the same problem... it bugs me everytime i see it, oh well... thanks in advance

------------------
2001 CL Type S w/ navi and factory spoiler
Old 03-17-2001, 10:18 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by got vtec?:
i was just curious... i've seen alot of cl's with the same problem... it bugs me everytime i see it, oh well... thanks in advance

</font>
Try some Duck Tape. Worked for me

Old 03-17-2001, 11:01 PM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What problem specifically are you referring too?Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA high beam headlamp system H.I.D. Xenon low beam tinted, custom taillites and on and on
Old 03-18-2001, 01:54 AM
Pro

you mean the exhaust not hanging straight? get up under your car the mufflers are not connected to the car instead they have rods that are hooked to rubber ovals that also hook to rods attack to the car frame try messing with these they stick to the rods easily if one is crooked it might cause the exhaust to hang crooked.

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type S "Claire" non-navi No spoiler. Bone stock, for now.
~Member of the Scratched Rim Club.~ Two Times Over
Old 03-18-2001, 03:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jens Heydel:
What problem specifically are you referring too?Jens
</font>
The right side muffler sits and inch lower then the left. I've seen this on many cl-s in north jersey. There must have been a production problem for awhile because not all cl-s have this problem. When I stop in for the sways I'll show ya Jens...

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
-Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Prolarg M-6 lamps
Planning: Comptech Headers, Sways, CAI
Old 03-18-2001, 05:58 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
i noticed that on the 2nd day after i bought my car and i went back to the dealer 2 ask. They said most of CL and CL-s r like that, and he showed me the cl-s in the show room, it was like that too.
i think it s just normal. u can fix the problem once u get exhausts or change the tips. i changed my tips, and now they r lined up, but one of facing left, and the other one is facing right, ifu know whati mean saying. / \
Old 03-18-2001, 11:19 AM
BC
nearsighted visionary

My dealer (Acura of Portland) gave me 25 reasons why the pipe ends could not be leveled. I asked if the service dept had a torch outfit and I would fix it. Picture here if you can the service manager with really big eyes. He sent me home in a 1st gen CL saying he would look into it. Next day job was done. Didn't ask how he did it. End result is all that matters. Actually, steel tubing moves easily with applied heat. Or possibly the threat of applied heat.

------------------
Satin Silver CLS
BMW K75S
Old 03-18-2001, 11:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

I would think that this problem could be fix by either bending the body mount, bending the muffler bracket or getting a shorter rubber hanger. I was looking in Pep boys for a shorter rubber hanger and could not find one. So I'll have the dealer bend something to straighten it out.

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
-Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Prolarg M-6 lamps
Planning: Comptech Headers, Sways, CAI
Old 03-18-2001, 03:19 PM
retired

Oh sorry that problem yup I have seen that too it's an easy fix called "prybar relocation method" nothing fancy very effective and best of all it is warranty unless you actually crashed the car.Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA high beam headlamp system H.I.D. Xenon low beam tinted, custom taillites and on and on
Old 03-18-2001, 03:28 PM
watch the weather change

Location: Houston, TX - Uhhh, now what y'all know bout them Texas boys, Comin down in candied toys, smokin wee
thanks guys...i'm gonna go to the dealership and see if they can fix this problem... is this something that takes a while or can it be done fairly quickly... i see that BC's took a day... thanks again....

------------------
2001 CL Type S w/ navi and factory spoiler
Old 03-18-2001, 03:31 PM
I am Jack's need 4 SPEED!

Oh sorry that problem yup I have seen that too it's an easy fix called "prybar relocation method" nothing fancy very effective and best of all it is warranty unless you actually crashed the car.Jens

</font>
jens-we are soooo glad that you are here! THANKS
Old 03-18-2001, 04:38 PM
retired

This can take about a half an hour to accomplish,so be prepared to wait a bit or just make arrangements to have it taken care of with your next service etc this way it will be worth the trip.Jens

------------------
Old 03-18-2001, 06:44 PM
Burning Brakes

</font>
Prybar relocation method eh? I wonder if there is an official Acura service bulletin on this one!

------------------
Silver CL-S w/ Navi, Spoiler, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, 19169, 9005
Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W* T1-S Proxes on 17X8 SSR Competition Wheels (47.2 lbs lighter than stock wheel+tire setup)
G-Tech (Full tank of gas, 60F, VSA off, SS) - 5.93 seconds
V-1 Hardwired, Comptech Sways on order
Old 03-18-2001, 06:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Alright Jens we have:
1. 7500 mile service
2. Comptech sways
3. Muffler hanger prybar modifications

Making updates to the list.....

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS