Any places (non-dealer) to install new (and better) rotors in the bay area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002 | 06:41 PM
Ace rider

Any places (non-dealer) to install new (and better) rotors in the bay area?

If anyone has any info, please let me know...I'm tired of resurfacing these lame rotors over again...thanks!
Old 02-21-2002 | 07:04 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

try exact motorsports in milpitas...

one of the TL members has
Powerstop Cross Drilled Rotors
Comptech Steel Brake Lines
Axxis Metal Master Pads

and got them installed there..
but he bought the stuff straight from Comptech..
Old 02-21-2002 | 07:20 PM
Ace rider

Thanks Edub, I'll give them a call right now!

The person on the phone says that they can use Brembo blanks with the right size for our cars, then machined if I want slots or drilled holes...I think bioyuki did this already?

Does this sound possible? I'm a little doubtful here, but she says they've already done this on CL and TL type S cars already.

Total price: $110 per rotor x 2, $55 Metal Master pads, $75 labor = 372 bucks.

I might just do it...if anyone thinks this is fishy, let me know!

ALSO, does this kill my warranty?
Old 02-21-2002 | 07:40 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

I'll tell you right now after many hours of research that Brembo DOES NOT have rotors or blanks for our car right now. They said they might have something in a couple on months.

Your only real options are autocarparts or Comptech (Comptechs only come in gold color just so you know).

Bioyuki had those rotors made incorrectly by some of the idiots at--oh crap, I forget the name of the place. Oh well.
Old 02-21-2002 | 07:53 PM
Intermediate

hey what's up man, just curious, how many times did you have your rotors resurfaced. I've had my front cut twice and rear once and they replace rear pads. I have 27,000 mi on my car. Oh did you get steering wheel vibrations when your rotors warped. I did? I think thereis something wrong with out brake system. thanks
Old 02-21-2002 | 08:00 PM