Another MORONIC Acura Dealer- what are they thinking?!?!?!!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 06:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Another MORONIC Acura Dealer- what are they thinking?!?!?!!?

This is UNBELIEVABLE! I called my acura dealership today (ED NAPLETON ACURA) to schedule an oil change....then for convenience since I was going to be there, I asked if they could swap my tire setup.... I told them that no mounting/balancing was needed... I said clearly if they could SIMPLY take the stocks and swap them with my summer setup..... guess what they wanted to charge me?????

$90 FUCKIN DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

Who do they think they are?!?!??! I told them politely that I would do it myself, and thanks for quote over the phone. According to the service manager "It involves taking the old tires out of the car, reloading the summer tires back in the car....this isnt like a normal rotating of tires...this takes more work." This mentality just aggitates me........ 90$ dollars........UNBELIEVABLE! I know the haters are probably going to say, I should have just done it myself in the first place, thats not the point.... the point is that what they would charge for something so simple....

I am shocked...........another lost customer........going back to Continental Acura...........
Old 11-25-2002, 06:35 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya i live around chi-town (evanston) and I was wondering which was the best dealer around this area...i had previously thought ED NAPELON was really the only dealer worth going to..was this your only problem here or do they always act like jerks?
Old 11-25-2002, 06:40 PM
Senior Moderator

No way, I have had other countless problems with these pricks......do NOT go there, the problem is that I live literally 1 mile from this dealership......so it's so convenient.... But now I've had enough, and I'm willing to drive an additional 15 miles to go to Continental.....they are dope. Another "incident" at Ed Napleton happened last year......man, they said my car would be ready in a few hrs......they dropped me off at my house and didnt show up for freakin 5 HOURS!! I was stuck and couldnt do anything that day, when I asked why it took so long, they replied "Oh, there was a recall on some part, we were checking on that" IT WAS TOTAL BULLSHIT.......like I dont have access to the internet and cant look shit up?! And Dont get me even started what they quoted me for the 30k service.......
Old 11-25-2002, 06:47 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by synth19
And Dont get me even started what they quoted me for the 30k service.......
Couldn't have been more insane than the $259 I was quoted for the 7500 mile service at Rizza Acura...

I don't think there's enough vasaline in the world to make that one slide in any better.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:49 PM
Senior Moderator

hahaa......I have to do a search on the quote the gave me (I posted here months ago), but it was in the $400 range............. and they didnt do anything extra then what was quoted in the manual........ except for them saying: "It's really really a super-duper hard job..."
Old 11-25-2002, 07:11 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
I am startin not to like my dealership. either. That would be Woodfeild Acura. Service with a smile-------------> they're smiling the whole time that they bend you over.

I am going to try Arlington Acura....but i have heard that Continental is pretty good....I know that they are mod freindly atleast. They sell most of the parts.
Old 11-25-2002, 08:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Originally posted by Loseit
I am startin not to like my dealership. either. That would be Woodfeild Acura. Service with a smile-------------> they're smiling the whole time that they bend you over.

I am going to try Arlington Acura....but i have heard that Continental is pretty good....I know that they are mod freindly atleast. They sell most of the parts.
Yo man, check my response regarding to the thread about squeaking noise while turning wheel....
Old 11-25-2002, 08:39 PM
Instructor

How much does that sort of thing usually cost? BTW - I called Muller's Woodfield Acura, and they quoted $424 for 30k service.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:00 PM
What to do, what to think

Hey you guys tried McGrath Acura....I heard their building a new dealership across the from the old Abt store in morton Grove....
McGrath Acura is the place I go because their very polite with their customers
Old 11-25-2002, 09:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Ginahs, just bring your car over to my house... we can swap the tires... i got a torque wrench and a jack, it will take us only 15min.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:30 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Let Jesal do the work. Seriously, its soooo easy, don't get ripped off.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Who says i wont rip him off?

$125 and ill do it.

<--- indian
Old 11-25-2002, 09:35 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Old 11-25-2002, 09:42 PM
Lone Star Rider

Originally posted by Scrib
Couldn't have been more insane than the $259 I was quoted for the 7500 mile service at Rizza Acura...

I don't think there's enough vasaline in the world to make that one slide in any better.

For an oil change and adding a fuel injector cleaner in your gas tank?. That's what a 7,500 mile service is.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:44 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by SickCL

For an oil change and adding a fuel injector cleaner in your gas tank?. That's what a 7,500 mile service is.
Yep... Friggin' insane!!!
Old 11-25-2002, 09:49 PM
Instructor

I wouldn't goto Glenview McGrath Acura. Do a search "Chicago Area Service." I wrote an explanation there. BTW - Why does my info (eg, post count) keep reseting? Will I never escape newbie status?
Old 11-25-2002, 09:51 PM
Wishin' I was in the Keys

Originally posted by CL FWD SPEED
Hey you guys tried McGrath Acura....I heard their building a new dealership across the from the old Abt store in morton Grove....
McGrath Acura is the place I go because their very polite with their customers
We bought both our Acura's at McGrath in Westmont - not too far out of the way for you synth19. They are in the old Inland Meeting Center on Ogden about 3-4 blocks east of Cass. We've only done one oil change on the wife's TL but they seem to be pretty good.

I bought my old Accord Coupe at Schaumburg Honda but had it serviced at Continental Honda in Countryside. I was real happy with them - Steve McKay in particular.
Old 11-26-2002, 12:17 PM
Senior Moderator

I think you guys might have misread my post....I'm not saying it's a complicated job, but for "convenience" since I was going to already be there for an oil change, I wanted them to do the tire swap......... Anyways I did it myself.................

ginash

Originally posted by Nicky Pass
Let Jesal do the work. Seriously, its soooo easy, don't get ripped off.
Old 11-26-2002, 01:53 PM
Fuct in the hed!

You still should have made Jesal do all of the work!!!
Old 11-26-2002, 01:56 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Re: Another MORONIC Acura Dealer- what are they thinking?!?!?!!?

This is UNBELIEVABLE! I called my acura dealership today (ED NAPLETON ACURA) to schedule an oil change....then for convenience since I was going to be there, I asked if they could swap my tire setup.... I told them that no mounting/balancing was needed... I said clearly if they could SIMPLY take the stocks and swap them with my summer setup..... guess what they wanted to charge me?????

$90 FUCKIN DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

Who do they think they are?!?!??! I told them politely that I would do it myself, and thanks for quote over the phone. According to the service manager "It involves taking the old tires out of the car, reloading the summer tires back in the car....this isnt like a normal rotating of tires...this takes more work." This mentality just aggitates me........ 90$ dollars........UNBELIEVABLE! I know the haters are probably going to say, I should have just done it myself in the first place, thats not the point.... the point is that what they would charge for something so simple....

I am shocked...........another lost customer........going back to Continental Acura...........
They probably have an hour minimum charge. You don't think they were going to do you a favor?
Old 11-26-2002, 05:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Re: Re: Another MORONIC Acura Dealer- what are they thinking?!?!?!!?

righttttttttttttttttttttt............... I forgot that it wasnt in the best interest of a dealership to provide a "favor" for their valued customers.........

Originally posted by Pappy
They probably have an hour minimum charge. You don't think they were going to do you a favor?
Old 11-26-2002, 08:37 PM
Instructor

Re: Re: Re: Another MORONIC Acura Dealer- what are they thinking?!?!?!!?

righttttttttttttttttttttt............... I forgot that it wasnt in the best interest of a dealership to provide a "favor" for their valued customers.........
I bought my car their also. They wouldnt even put the all season mats in my car for free. That was the first and only time I made a visit to Napelton. I only go to Continental now - they are awesome. Way cheaper and I always get a loner.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:43 PM
Lone Star Rider

Re: Re: Re: Re: Another MORONIC Acura Dealer- what are they thinking?!?!?!!?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rymnrsn
[B]I bought my car their also. They wouldnt even put the all season mats in my car for free.

:angry: