Another CL-S 6 w/blown motor.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008 | 12:30 PM
CL-SEXY SIX (=

Originally Posted by L's TL
LOl yea get the coupe...Its alot sexier and faster. No prob tho. just keep ur head up and thats a brand new car with all ur mods parted out Ill still take that greddy off u tho

NP, ill be posting on the blackmarket...you'll be the first for the greddy
Old 07-16-2008 | 12:35 PM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry this happened. If you do part and the UR crank pulley is stock size I'd like it.
Old 07-16-2008 | 12:39 PM
Lives On BOOST

i feel ur pain bro. I already went through 1 motor and it seems like there's constant problems w/ the car. When my motor blew I thought about parting out the car, but like others are saying, I already had too much invested into it. But if you decided to swap another engine, make sure its done right b/c I spent $$$$ to get it fixed and its still not running right!
Old 07-16-2008 | 12:53 PM
CL-SEXY SIX (=

Originally Posted by krisdlm
i feel ur pain bro. I already went through 1 motor and it seems like there's constant problems w/ the car. When my motor blew I thought about parting out the car, but like others are saying, I already had too much invested into it. But if you decided to swap another engine, make sure its done right b/c I spent $$$$ to get it fixed and its still not running right!

i know...i don't wnat to take a chance again* and spend all my money and have the problems all over again....

its such a tough decision.
Old 07-16-2008 | 01:48 PM
Suzuka Master

LOL my boy alredy called dibs on ur blower
Old 07-16-2008 | 01:57 PM
Banned

Sucks to hear, I went through a motor and parted out. I was able to get back approximately 8K and had similar mods to you after I parted out.

L's TL... how did you get Acura to replace your motor. I dropped off my car and they said AcuraCare would deny warranty because they said the supercharger would be blamed for the 3 pistons that went in my car. If they would have done the repairs under warranty I'd still be driving the car boosted.

BTW Harrison, If you want a Mechanic to replace the motor, hit up Jae at the Lab. He swapped mine when it went.
Old 07-16-2008 | 02:13 PM
Advanced

sorry to hear it man but like the rest f the guys are saying if u do part it out im sure ull do fine. Enough to put a dent in the new accord u want lol. Plus ill be willing to grab some parts from ya lol specially the exhaust and CAI
Old 07-16-2008 | 02:19 PM
CL-SEXY SIX (=

Originally Posted by JBlueCLS6
Sucks to hear, I went through a motor and parted out. I was able to get back approximately 8K and had similar mods to you after I parted out.

L's TL... how did you get Acura to replace your motor. I dropped off my car and they said AcuraCare would deny warranty because they said the supercharger would be blamed for the 3 pistons that went in my car. If they would have done the repairs under warranty I'd still be driving the car boosted.

BTW Harrison, If you want a Mechanic to replace the motor, hit up Jae at the Lab. He swapped mine when it went.
Thanks, but i mainly do the work myself on my car...its werid having someone else work on it...lol.
Old 07-16-2008 | 03:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JBlueCLS6

I took the supercharger off before i went to Acura so the motor appeared stock.
Old 07-16-2008 | 04:11 PM
B A N N E D AKA M.J.H.

Wow threads like this really make me think twice about buying the blower! I really am not sure if I'll ever do it considering my CL-S6 has about 114K miles already. Zero engine problems and clutch/flywheel already replaced, all maintenance done, intake, Comptech headers and UR crank pulley only bolt-ons so far.
Old 07-16-2008 | 04:22 PM
CL-SEXY SIX (=

Originally Posted by DlESEL
Wow threads like this really make me think twice about buying the blower! I really am not sure if I'll ever do it considering my CL-S6 has about 114K miles already. Zero engine problems and clutch/flywheel already replaced, all maintenance done, intake, Comptech headers and UR crank pulley only bolt-ons so far.
don't rule out the blower that fast.
I'm sure the first owner of my car neglected it. It did have a bad clutch, slave and master when purchased.
I thought the car was sound when i had the charger on.

my mistake was not taking a compression test.

or it even could of been me prolonging maintence parts; like my IACV o2 sesnors and etc.

we have alot of successful s/cers here.
Old 07-16-2008 | 04:34 PM
B A N N E D AKA M.J.H.

Yeah that's true so what would you recommend having done other than a compression test? I was planning on doing the HBP because I really want to make the most of the S/C and I'm wanted to really put a beating on E46 M3's but I'm a little hesitant now. How much of a difference does the stock pulley vs. the HBP make? I know our cars are not street light race cars but when it comes to merging onto the highway, I don't want many cars to be able to keep up, etc.

I'm probably going to throw on a BBK and then some 235/35 tires for my 19's and then I'll probably buy a S/C. I guess tuning really isn't an option.
Old 07-16-2008 | 05:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I personnally don't think the tune had anything to do with the rod bearing giving out. The tune usually affects the pistons and rings. Now if your running really rich, then the extra fuel could break down the oil then that could affect the bearing wear. Other than that, I don't suspect the tune had much if any to do with it.

I'd go with a new short block, they are 1500 brand new. you could just use your old heads and everthing else and be done with it. I wouldnt drive it till it pukes, as that could destroy your heads as well with metal shavings etc. Good Luck!

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no
Old 07-16-2008 | 08:28 PM
CL-SEXY SIX (=

that does sound tempting once again....but i wouldn't want to do all that work then have it happen again....so im stuck in a hole ..
Old 07-16-2008 | 08:36 PM
CL-SEXY SIX (=

Originally Posted by DlESEL
Yeah that's true so what would you recommend having done other than a compression test? I was planning on doing the HBP because I really want to make the most of the S/C and I'm wanted to really put a beating on E46 M3's but I'm a little hesitant now. How much of a difference does the stock pulley vs. the HBP make? I know our cars are not street light race cars but when it comes to merging onto the highway, I don't want many cars to be able to keep up, etc.

I'm probably going to throw on a BBK and then some 235/35 tires for my 19's and then I'll probably buy a S/C. I guess tuning really isn't an option.
I don't even think a compression test would foreshadow a bearing failure. Because its still sealing up.
But a compression test is a must, and knowing the vehicle history as well.
When i bought my car the oil was like mud.
Tuning is a must because our motors are not engineered for FI...and comptech "Recommends" that you tune your vehicle after installation of the SC.
Old 07-16-2008 | 10:21 PM
Blown is Best

Originally Posted by LukeaTron
And blaming on this on a lack of tune doesn't make a lot of sense at this point. Unless you were getting really bad pre-ignition, there's not much a poorly tuned motor can do to itself to cause a failure like that.

It seems there's a lot of people commenting that don't understand the basic dynamics of what happens inside an engine.
I too fail to see what the lack of a tune would do to cause a bearing to spin. Detonation would take out pistons and rings first.
Old 07-16-2008 | 10:26 PM
Blown is Best

Originally Posted by ThinJim
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I personnally don't think the tune had anything to do with the rod bearing giving out. The tune usually affects the pistons and rings. Now if your running really rich, then the extra fuel could break down the oil then that could affect the bearing wear. Other than that, I don't suspect the tune had much if any to do with it.

I'd go with a new short block, they are 1500 brand new. you could just use your old heads and everthing else and be done with it. I wouldnt drive it till it pukes, as that could destroy your heads as well with metal shavings etc. Good Luck!

That would be my advice also. Just because it happened once doesn't mean it will happen again. A fresh short block along with some care rebuilding will go a long way.
Old 07-16-2008 | 11:58 PM
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Shit. You got two of the top dogs on this forum giving you advice. I'd say you take it . Plus dude, you spent all that money just to part out? Pssh. Make the most of it and come back stronger and smarter!
Old 07-17-2008 | 12:14 AM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by ThinJim

1449 from oemacuraparts:
http://www.oemacuraparts.com/partloc...&siteid=214055
Old 07-17-2008 | 10:39 AM
CL-SEXY SIX (=

I decided to do the part out guys; i appreciate all your sincere and support posts. Thank you guys for all your help and advice. I just do not have time anymore;
as i said; it just comes with two jobs, 13 hour days and 7 days a week + Schooling. You guys make me want to stay in the Acura family...my next car will most likely be a 6 speed TL. w/0 supercharger lol.
Thanks again.

-Harrison
Old 07-17-2008 | 11:13 AM
Drifting

That's too bad as you'll definitely get hosed monetarily. I can understand the lack of time though.
Old 07-17-2008 | 11:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

sorry buddy.
Old 07-17-2008 | 11:26 AM
CL-SEXY SIX (=

Originally Posted by LukeaTron
That's too bad as you'll definitely get hosed monetarily. I can understand the lack of time though.
thank you for understanding; i'm thinking once i part the car out...thats it no more headaches and no more fiddling with this and that. but yet i appreciate everyone's input and i am really really grateful with everyone's advice and support.
Old 07-18-2008 | 01:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Anytime someone has to work 91 hours a week (13 hours X 7 days for the math challenged) probably shouldn't be spending $15,000 in mods.

All of you who want to bitch and complain that I am giving my opinion can shove it. This is why the U.S is so messed up.

Please don't fall into the trap of parting out this car, making some money and then modding your new car plus more money.

Perhaps this was a good lesson to learn at 20 because if you dont have 8 months of savings to live on if you lost your job today, then you shouldn't be spending a dime more on your car than the necessities.

There is a reason why many of us are driving 5-8 year old cars, some of us can't find anything better for the value, some of us can't afford more, some of us have the car paid off.

Whatever the reason, don't feel like you have to keep up with the Joneses and break yourself.

Sorry for the rant...
Old 07-18-2008 | 07:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by pits200
Anytime someone has to work 91 hours a week (13 hours X 7 days for the math challenged) probably shouldn't be spending $15,000 in mods.

All of you who want to bitch and complain that I am giving my opinion can shove it. This is why the U.S is so messed up.

Please don't fall into the trap of parting out this car, making some money and then modding your new car plus more money.

Perhaps this was a good lesson to learn at 20 because if you dont have 8 months of savings to live on if you lost your job today, then you shouldn't be spending a dime more on your car than the necessities.

There is a reason why many of us are driving 5-8 year old cars, some of us can't find anything better for the value, some of us can't afford more, some of us have the car paid off.

Whatever the reason, don't feel like you have to keep up with the Joneses and break yourself.

Sorry for the rant...
He said "shove it."
Old 07-22-2008 | 10:01 AM
CL-SEXY SIX (=

Originally Posted by pits200

Sorry for the rant...
Thats great; are you vented?
Old 07-22-2008 | 10:19 AM
2600lb CL

When I break shit, I only find ways to make it better.

Goodluck on your decision.
Old 07-22-2008 | 11:29 AM
Burning Brakes

i believe the car was sold "as is".
Old 07-23-2008 | 08:00 AM
CL-SEXY SIX (=

Originally Posted by Cocoa
When I break shit, I only find ways to make it better.

Goodluck on your decision.
Thanks
No more modding for me though...only brakes and suspension if so...
Old 07-23-2008 | 09:28 PM
Blown is Best

Do you feel better that someone bought the car as is and will get some value out of your hard work/modifications?
Old 07-24-2008 | 01:55 PM
CL-SEXY SIX (=

Don't really know how i feel. But its a loss and a mistake i have to deal with and learn from.
Old 07-24-2008 | 02:05 PM
unofficial HONDA rep

i say either geta new motor or rebuilt with everything to accept the supercharger boost..also you might want to hold on to some items and see if it fits on the Tl your gettin i.e brakes, suspension spacers..etc