Annoyed with TireRack

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 03:19 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Annoyed with TireRack

I ordered tires last wednesday afternoon. I'm still waiting for them I when I ordered them they said 1-2 days. Then when I called on monday they were like woops sorry we meant 3-4 days. It's the fourth freaking day and still nothing. Tirerack says that the tires on the UPS truck but UPS tracking is useless so who knows where the hell my tires are. Didn't fotis have some trouble w/ the wankers at tirerack as well?
Old 04-02-2002, 03:47 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what tires did you purchased?
Old 04-02-2002, 04:00 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

michelin pilot sports a/s 225/50/17
Old 04-02-2002, 04:08 PM
Old timer

When I used to visit tire rack I was annoyed because they had a shitty selection of rims for our cars. Aside from SSR there wasn't anything worth getting. The need to carry the hot brands like Lowenhart, Racing Hart, Lorinser, Momo, and whatever else is flyskilletpimpdaddy.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:10 PM
on bin laden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Annoyed with TireRack

Originally posted by Zapata
I ordered tires last wednesday afternoon. I'm still waiting for them I when I ordered them they said 1-2 days. Then when I called on monday they were like woops sorry we meant 3-4 days. It's the fourth freaking day and still nothing. Tirerack says that the tires on the UPS truck but UPS tracking is useless so who knows where the hell my tires are. Didn't fotis have some trouble w/ the wankers at tirerack as well?
actually,

i haven't had much trouble with vendors, except one, but i never ordered anything from that person, so it really wasn't a problem ... for me.

anyways,

i had a good experience with tire rack... i just used them last week. i called them on thursday, ordered new tires for this race i went to this weekend. i paid $50 delivery for fedex saturday guarantee, (shipping was normally 40)...they got there on friday, before i even got down there. installed them, and they worked great on the track. cost me $450 to get kuhmo's that i could beat up on the track and not feel bad about it at all ...
Old 04-02-2002, 05:30 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Re: Re: Annoyed with TireRack

Originally posted by fbazakos

actually,

i haven't had much trouble with vendors, except one, but i never ordered anything from that person, so it really wasn't a problem ... for me.

anyways,

i had a good experience with tire rack... i just used them last week. i called them on thursday, ordered new tires for this race i went to this weekend. i paid $50 delivery for fedex saturday guarantee, (shipping was normally 40)...they got there on friday, before i even got down there. installed them, and they worked great on the track. cost me $450 to get kuhmo's that i could beat up on the track and not feel bad about it at all ...

Ugh. I'm thinking TireRack and the garage both screwed the pooch on this one. TireRack didn't tell the garage that the tires were coming from nevada and the garage decided to go on the cheap and have them delieverd by UPS ground. I'm looking at the UPS site right now and it says 6 days for a ground shipment Nevada. That would be Thursday Grand total of 8 days w/o driving my baby. Only statisfaction I can get is molesting the seats. I"ve done the treatement twice in three days
Old 04-02-2002, 08:16 PM
Instructor

I know I'm dreaming but instead of saying 'we made a mistake' I'd like to see a company say, 'well, if we said 1-2 days we will keep our word and make it happen or make it up to you'. This kind of accountability is vanishing. Anyway, I do like Tirerack and their integrity is on par with the industry norm, unfortunately.

Of-course Tirerack did mean 3-4 days. I just got some tires overnighted from them and it cost an extra $100.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:20 PM
Drifting

Re: Annoyed with TireRack

I need a new tire for my 18's and i was going to order it from tire rack. Now your giving me 2nd thoughts. Let me know how it goes.
Old 04-03-2002, 06:56 AM
Xe- For Better Hwy Vision

Re: Re: Re: Annoyed with TireRack

Ugh. I'm thinking TireRack and the garage both screwed the pooch on this one. TireRack didn't tell the garage that the tires were coming from nevada and the garage decided to go on the cheap and have them delieverd by UPS ground. I'm looking at the UPS site right now and it says 6 days for a ground shipment Nevada. That would be Thursday Grand total of 8 days w/o driving my baby. Only statisfaction I can get is molesting the seats. I"ve done the treatement twice in three days

Wait a sec.!, your ride is not on the road? In other words, you have been molesting your seats with no tires at all? humm?

Just checking Sounds like those new "meats" will be real nice out at Englishtown! Good luck w/ the "Rack"
I hear discount!
Old 04-03-2002, 07:27 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Annoyed with TireRack

Originally posted by xenon7

Wait a sec.!, your ride is not on the road? In other words, you have been molesting your seats with no tires at all? humm?

Just checking Sounds like those new "meats" will be real nice out at Englishtown! Good luck w/ the "Rack"
I hear discount!
Yeah, i'm going to call the tire place today and start raising hell. I hear free labor

It'll be nice with the new tires. Although i got use to lauching with the old tires so i'll have to practice a bit
Old 04-03-2002, 07:42 AM
'Cooter

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Annoyed with TireRack

It'll be nice with the new tires. Although i got use to lauching with the old tires so i'll have to practice a bit
no practice necessary
Old 04-03-2002, 07:57 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Annoyed with TireRack

Originally posted by Scooter

no practice necessary

Of course it is