Alphawerks installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alphawerks installation

Just had the headers install. The installer was telling me how hard they were to install. How he had to force everything, to get them to line up. Then I notice that he installed the header with the lable on the front. I remember someone saying that that labled one, goes on the back. Anyone knows if this will present a problem, such as cracking at the flanges etc; Should I be concern?
Old 05-04-2005, 06:49 PM
I

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
Yes, you probably have leaks. Tell him to redo it right.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Its not possible to install the headers and downpipe backwards.

Even if he managed to, you would have horrendous exhaust leaks.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm Cool

well for my AW headers, the logo is in front meaning its facing forward. Allmotor who did the install said that if its put on the other way, the headers won't fit
Old 05-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Instructor

Well just got back from a drive and after checking, Yes I have leaks. I'm going to redo them myself. Seems everytime I try to get work done in the Seattle area, the people working on my car always do things wrong. Then when questioned, they try to blame it on the part. The installer told me that since I provded the part ie: headers, that cheap headers never fit right and that he won't redo it unless I pay more. Cheap humm. have anyone check the price for alphawerks lately, they seem to be raising in price, anyways. PPI in Burien gets a thumbs down.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:10 PM
I NEED MONEY!

If you bought the latest set then it goes in the front...the sets tht were bought awhile back when there were going for like $200-300 then it goes in the back....on Mine the label is on the front
Old 05-06-2005, 11:59 PM
Instructor

OK, so the label does go on the front? Then I guess maybe it's the gaskets that came with them that's is the problem. I have a noise, like metal rubbing. The noise does not change with RPM. It's sort of medium pitch. I'll try reusing the oem gaskets to see if that makes a difference, otherwise I'll just take them off and go with CT's.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:17 AM
B A N N E D

Sounds like the mechanic is trying to play you. They all say the job was hard and that they went out of their way and all of that crap. You should know that you are dealing with professionals and these little mechanics do not see CL's everyday so they see $$$ in their eyes when you drive in with one of these and try to get you for the most they can. Looks like they did not do a good job, take it back, tell them to re-adjust your headers, make them think you are one of them, that you a pro at this sh!t. You paid your money, you have the right to

edit: you have AW's, these are good headers, they are not bad, the mechanic your dealing with is bad...
Old 05-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Pro

hmm. As for the fit. I got the second batch for $600 bucks with the label on the front and I had to shave part of my tranny casing off to fit the damn headers on! I had my header installed by an ASE master machanic at a certified local Acura Dealership and the had to use a 1.5 ft long screwdriver just to pry the ypipe in to fit up to the bolts that bolt to header portion connecting to the block (with those bolts lose too!). Now with everything said and done and some serious dough for install and hardware, I have a noisy header and a tilted exhaust (one higher than the other.) Now I have kept my mouth shut for a reasonable amont of time about this situation, but this is starting to get discusting. I HAD TO SHAVE A PART OF MY TRANNY CASING OFF TO MAKE THE O2 SENSOR FIT AND PRY THE Y PIPE ON WITH LOSE BOLTS ON THE BLOCK. Common. You tell me if the fit is right? You want pics? Just ask. I'll be more than happy to post. Victor (Nexus) you want a mpeg of resonance that you said I wouldn't have? I'll me more than happy to send it to you. Want pics of the shaved tranny housing? hmmm. I am pretty sure you may. How are you going to compensate me now?

Why do you think that they had to lower the price of the group buy: BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T SELLING... says enough for me...
Old 05-07-2005, 03:05 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
hey reggie...i have the alphawerks too and I had PPI in Burien put them in. They said they had no problems with the installation whatsoever and I don't have any leaks that I can notice. I don't know what could be the problem unless you got a bad set of headers or indeed they labeled bank should be in the back.

i've had PPI do a few things on my car and they seem to be straight up guys.

good luck.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
I put the Alpha Werks headers on my CL with no problem and the 02 sensor had plenty of clearance.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:56 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Excelerate
I put the Alpha Werks headers on my CL with no problem and the 02 sensor had plenty of clearance.
Want pics?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:56 PM
comptech

Originally Posted by PDX3.2TL
hmm. As for the fit. I got the second batch for $600 bucks with the label on the front and I had to shave part of my tranny casing off to fit the damn headers on! I had my header installed by an ASE master machanic at a certified local Acura Dealership and the had to use a 1.5 ft long screwdriver just to pry the ypipe in to fit up to the bolts that bolt to header portion connecting to the block (with those bolts lose too!). Now with everything said and done and some serious dough for install and hardware, I have a noisy header and a tilted exhaust (one higher than the other.) Now I have kept my mouth shut for a reasonable amont of time about this situation, but this is starting to get discusting. I HAD TO SHAVE A PART OF MY TRANNY CASING OFF TO MAKE THE O2 SENSOR FIT AND PRY THE Y PIPE ON WITH LOSE BOLTS ON THE BLOCK. Common. You tell me if the fit is right? You want pics? Just ask. I'll be more than happy to post. Victor (Nexus) you want a mpeg of resonance that you said I wouldn't have? I'll me more than happy to send it to you. Want pics of the shaved tranny housing? hmmm. I am pretty sure you may. How are you going to compensate me now?

Why do you think that they had to lower the price of the group buy: BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T SELLING... says enough for me...
yeah, i regret getting aw headers. i learned my lesson and saving up the money for ct headers or at least getting an used ct headers.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Instructor

Update: I was able to double check the install and found that a vacumn line was crushed. After I repaired that, No noise at all. I also had Acura of Lynwood double check everthing and they confirmed that the installed was done correctly. So as for PPI. Good work, straight up guys, just like cmark said. A big difference in power. everytime I drive the car I have a big smile on my face. Now I'm saving for the supercharger. should have one soon.
Alphawerks headers for the most part equal in comparison to Comptech, however some of their earlier productions have problems, just make sure you get the newer ones.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
glad you're enjoyin the headers!!