alphawerks headers are crap

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 07:07 PM
ny'r residing in maine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't shoot the messanger if you don't like the message, excellerate is right. Your beef is with the manufacturer (AW) and all complaints should be directed to them. Yes it is always unfortunate to spend money and not get what you pay for or even anything at all. I am in the computer part logistics industry and when we install a computer part that doesn't end up working it is the manufacturer (not us UPS supply chain solutions) that is responsible for replacing the part, and if for some reason we have a problem with the manufacturers part we are not able to accept blame, i understand completely excelerate's position and in effect he is helpless as he has nothing to do with manufacturing. He is just an intermediary (retailer) trying to provide a service. As for AW though i say screw their ass as hard as you can, good luck bro. However Mr Steve is right that you do have a responsibility to your customer to make right the problem as best you can.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
To belcom, if you are who I think you are that's really shady that you would come on here and bash me after all the time I have spent with you on the phone and with emails and after I gave you that Icebox at cost. I don't even have to mention the other stuff I did for you. I am amazed that you would come on here and bash me like this after what I did for you. Secondly, whatever Carlos told you at AW I don't know. Typically, companies do not replace headers. Carlos did what he felt would fix the header and that was machine the flanges.

You know what Mrsteve, I can appreciate constructive criticism. Firstly my return policy isn't faulty; it is the same return policy that everyone has. Secondly, the return policy on this issue may be wrong. So, therefore, anybody who has purchased the Alpha Werks headers from me and has not actually sent exhaust through the headers can return them with no re-stocking fee. Just send them back. Thirdly, I did not pass the buck. I didn't know they were faulty. IF I DID I WOULD'NT HAVE SOLD THEM LIKE I SAID. Lastly, how do you know the quality is questionable? The last batch was fine except for a few, and I mean a few, who had issues with 02 bung sensor placement. So don't say one out of dozens b/c you're wrong. This time they happened to warp the flanges somehow. How am I supposed to know that? By the time I received word on this issue all the headers had been sold that I had and I stopped selling more.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Dipset All Day, Everyday

Old 10-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
I understand you can't inspect each product you sell. And you are correct I do not know the exact amount of faulty pieces in each batch. However, the quality on all headers other than Comptech has been sketchy at best. It would be nice to have a cheaper alternative for those who can't afford the Comptechs. However, is it worth putting your neck out there for a company (by selling their products) that screwed up three times and then "finally" got it right?

You're doing the right thing on accepting the headers back. Many many people have had good experiences with you in the past and I hope more do in the future. The volume of products you carry really sparked competitive pricing among all Acurazine vendors who carry similar products.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:23 PM
09 TL SH-AWD

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I spoke to you once Josh. What I asked you to do with shipping is normal, which by the way still didn't work. And I am not bashing you in any way, all I said was that you did not replace the defective product for me and that is all. And that could've been a perfect solution for everyone. You could take it back, give me new one and then nexus would've picked it up and sent you a new one that you could sell.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:26 PM
o1s
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
wow?! no alphawerks for me.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by belcom
I spoke to you once Josh. What I asked you to do with shipping is normal, which by the way still didn't work. And I am not bashing you in any way, all I said was that you did not replace the defective product for me and that is all. And that could've been a perfect solution for everyone. You could take it back, give me new one and then nexus would've picked it up and sent you a new one that you could sell.
Firstly I have countless emails from you... countless. And Carlos said you called him everyday. I don't know what Carlos promised you. I don't work for AW and I will not be selling their products anymore b/c I don't want this headache. But I will relate an experience to you. I have a set of DC Sports headers here. They rusted out within less than a year. I called DC Sports and they will not replace the header but they will re-coat it. So, it is up to the manufacturer to replace or repair products and they have chosen to repair, i.e. machine flanges. I'm not part of the process; I can't tell you. I'm not a manufacturer. It is up to them. Secondly, why send them back to me to send them to Alpha Werks so that Alpha Werks could send me another set? If you had a warranty issue you could call AW and have them send you a new set. I helped you in this process all along the way, talking to you everyday via email and I felt bad for you and saved you a lot of $ between shipping and discounted parts and this is the repayment I get. I'm just amazed.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Excelerate

Do you see me selling them? I haven't sold these headers in weeks and I'm not selling them anymore. Anyone who wanted to send them back was welcome to as long as they didn't install them. In fact, I have a customer today who I allowed to send them back. In any event, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't open your mouth because you didn't purchase them from me and I don't need some idiot trying to besmirch my name.
First, I've already said three times that I bought from ebay, not Excelerate;
Don't call me idiot; I believe here is not your forum

Second, you said you haven't sold these headers in weeks; then how many faulty headers you sold before? You might say you don't know, right? You said you have a few faulty headers; AW also said they have a few faulty headers. "A few" plus "A few" is a lot.

Third, I am a ebay and amazon seller; I know what I am talking about.

No matter if I am buying from you.
No matter if you know those headers are faulty before shipping or not;
It is a fact that you are retailer. If AW won't honor their warranty, you should take the responsibility because you are making money from your customer.

I could understand you are situation. However, you should share the lost with your customer
Old 10-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wahooo12345
First, I've already said three times that I bought from ebay, not Excelerate;
Don't call me idiot; I believe here is not your forum

Second, you said you haven't sold these headers in weeks; then how many faulty headers you sold before? You might say you don't know, right? You said you have a few faulty headers; AW also said they have a few faulty headers. "A few" plus "A few" is a lot.
You said you didn't buy them from me but then you proceeded to get involved with my business. So if you don't want my opinion about you don't give yours about me.

At the end of the last batch there were 3 out of 500+ headers sold who had an issue with the 02 bung being placed too close to the tranny. So that is not "a lot". So before you start posting about what you don't know, do some research. Your one header doesn't give you a right to generalize. And just because you received a defective part don't come on here and attack me. I have nothing to do with you. Take up your situation with AW and/or the eBayer you bought them from and don't involve me. I have stated what I will do with this situation with MY customers.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Advanced

OKAY, I will not put you company name in my future post. Sorry, that is my mistake.

Again, I haven't stated your company name in my first post on this thread.

I am not attacking you.
I have the exactly same situation with Belcom(your customer); I am talking about all BAD sellers, not just you.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:14 PM
09 TL SH-AWD

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hehe that's so funny, cause I really maybe called Carlos a 2/3 times just because they had no clue how to pickup the header from me in Canada. Everyday, huh? That is so interesting.

I don't want a headache either but I do have it. And as a matter of fact I don't know why you're getting all defensive and amazed because I'm not demanding anything from you anyway. Nexus is who I am after.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Nevermind, I was thinking of the other guy.

Way to many people in this thread.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wahooo12345
I am talking about all BAD sellers, not just you.
LOL. So you say you're not going to use my name and then say you're talking about all bad sellers, and not just me. So then I'm a bad seller?