For All U Wet Kit Users

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 01:53 AM
TRELOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For All U Wet Kit Users

This thought just poped in my head as I was comming down of N2O. In a wet kit set up u have N2O and fuel. Nitrous supply companies make purge kits to remove any air from the nitrous lines. Now once the N2O is activated and introduced into the engine. Nitrous will be in the cylinder long before the fuel even comes out of the fogger; 1200psi (N2O) vs. 45psi (fuel). So with that said, for everytime u flip the switch do u go lean for an instant?

Juker008
Old 07-03-2003, 10:03 AM
Burning Brakes

No that's why you run direct port

But you're talking about a fogger in an intake correct? So yeah the nitrous from that fogger will "beat" the fuel from that fogger to the cylinder, but aren't you forgetting about your fuel injectors and stock fuel rails? Besides, who wants to risk puddleling of liquid nitrous in your air intake???
Old 07-03-2003, 10:07 AM
Moderator Alumnus

not necessarily. you're not spraying both the nitrous and the fuel out of different nozzles. the nitrous is mixed with the fuel at the nozzle, but i could see how the nitrous is getting there faster.
i guess it would go lean for a split second, until the fuel caught up and mixed with the nitrous.
what you have to worry about is getting an even distrbution of nitrous in the intake manifold to all cylinders and not just the first three or four.
that's what makes the zex dry kit good. it sends the injectors signal so you get more load before the nitrous is delivered, and only nitrous comes out of the nozzle.
the one system that fixes any problems with wet and dry systems is a direct port.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:13 AM
TRELOS

Originally posted by MtBikR
... but aren't you forgetting about your fuel injectors and stock fuel rails? Besides, who wants to risk puddleling of liquid nitrous in your air intake???

What about about the fuel injectors and fuel rail, remember we are talking about a wet kit.

The nitrous puddleing in the intrake trake and fuel clinging to the sides of the manifold are all nightmares that run through my head. There is a set way of spraying that I do "all the time" when I spray. And that is I stay on the gas after the nitrous is deactivated. Any residual N2O and fuel would then be sucked through. I already know of another CLS member that blew his engine. The reason was not of the ammount of N2O, but because he was using it like the car was N/A. Spraying from one light to the other, never giving the engine a change to air out. Thus puddleing in the intake track and blowing his engine.

Juker008
Old 07-03-2003, 10:53 AM
PACDAT

JUKER how big a shot was the other guy using when blowing his engine.? and great idea of staying WOT after the switch is flipped off.

Dont our cars go from lean to rich lean to rich anyways?? well according to my A/F ratio gauge..
so going lean for a split second is normal isnt it?
Old 07-03-2003, 07:11 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by jucee187
JUKER how big a shot was the other guy using when blowing his engine.? and great idea of staying WOT after the switch is flipped off.

Dont our cars go from lean to rich lean to rich anyways?? well according to my A/F ratio gauge..
so going lean for a split second is normal isnt it?
beh..... unless you have a wideband O2 sensor, the autometer gauges are a waste, well, they're a waste of money either way.

the good gauges have a numerical readout. blinking LED's dont tell you anything worthy. gimme $50.00 and i'll tell you you're running rich at w-o-t.

a better gauge to get is a EGT gauge, but good ones run $340.00 and up.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Juker008
I already know of another CLS member that blew his engine. The reason was not of the ammount of N2O, but because he was using it like the car was N/A. Spraying from one light to the other, never giving the engine a change to air out. Thus puddleing in the intake track and blowing his engine.
oh so thats what really happened
Old 07-04-2003, 08:10 AM
PACDAT

Originally posted by 1genCL
beh..... unless you have a wideband O2 sensor, the autometer gauges are a waste, well, they're a waste of money either way.

the good gauges have a numerical readout. blinking LED's dont tell you anything worthy. gimme $50.00 and i'll tell you you're running rich at w-o-t.

a better gauge to get is a EGT gauge, but good ones run $340.00 and up.
I guess the thousands of cars that have it installed have a wideband o2 sensor and/or wasted their money huh? well in any case, the Autometer gives you a rough estimate.. not 100% accurate but what is? for $50 u cant go wrong..

$340+ for a gauge? im not a pro racer/tuner so why would i spend that much.. lol and i can get sways for less than that.. a much more effective mod.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:55 PM
TRELOS

Ok jucee187, the autometer is really a waste of money. Maybe I could justify using it on N/A applications, but I wouldn't want to let it go on a turbo or SCed setup. And FK using something like that for a N2O set up. To be given a .5 second notice that $hit is about to hit the fan is being veru generious.

This is what u really need: http://www.motec.com/products/plm/plm.htm

If u are judging how well ur engine is doing by following what Autometer tells u, is like going to Asia with a SARS mask thinking that is save u. Sure it is only a few $$$, better than nothing, and everyone is using one, but compared to a $300+ WWII gas mask, which one do u think is really going to protect u.

I'm not ragging on u one bit, but if u are monitoring the life of ur engine by Autometer's O2 gauge, u are playing with fire.

1genCL, u are right all the way. An EGT gauge is far better than Autometer's O2 gauge.

Oh and the person who blew his engine was using a 100 dry shot. What caused him to blow his engine was the constant use in such short of time. The nitrous ended up pooling and clinging to his intake track, and then when he decided to spray again, the 100 shot was introduced along with whatever residual ammount of N2O was hidding around the corners. 100 + ??? = BOOM.

Juker008