for all san diego ppl...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 09:19 PM
sts
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for all san diego ppl...

Don't go to Performance Tires off of Miramar!!! They had the right price but, went to get new tires and they fucked up all 4 of my rims (Volks TE-37) :angry: by putting teeth marks all over the inside of the rim from the mounting machine. Looks like little vampires sunk their teeth in it and the fuckin' dumbass scraped out the old wheel weights w/ a damn screwdriver leaving scratches. To top shit off they over inflated the tires. Damn them. The sad thing was that a coworker recommended I go there. So I bitch to my coworker and the tire shop. The shop wasn't willing to even offer anything to fix it. They've lost my business. So my coworker feels bad and calls to bitch the guy out cause now he looks bad for the bad recommendation and the shop guy tells him that if I go back there, he'll give me some kind of discount. Damn retards!! With the amount of damage they did, it should be worth a free set of Toyo's if they want my business back. :shakehd: Then I'll sell them to buy another mod. Warn anyone else you know about this shitty place. I was thinkin' small claims court but its not worth the time and hassle.
Old 07-22-2002, 09:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Damn man that sux..... How bad does your wheels look.... Yo, I would be bitchin up a storm..... I'd make sure that everyone in the store heard me..... So what are you gonna do now, I don't think you should just let them phuck you over like that.... Don't worry dude, I'll gladly spread the word.... I hate hearing about people getting phucked over trying to give a place some business...

Oh yea, one more thing... if they don't do anything to fix it... I'd call that Turko dood..... y'now that investigative reporter guy (Turko files).... nothing like bad press for a business to make them think twice about phucking with someone....
Old 07-22-2002, 09:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

You get what you pay for. They were cheap, but look at the grief they've caused. People say I overpay for some things, but the places I go to have a good reputation for doing things right the first time and not damaging things in the process.
Old 07-22-2002, 09:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
That really stinx bro! My shop was willing to replace the rims. Talk to the mgr or his boss or the one above him until you get some satisfaction!!!

mt6, give the guy a break. he also went because the shop was recommended to him.
Old 07-22-2002, 10:20 PM
sts
Advanced

erock,
I'm sure to any regular person it doesn't look so bad but being as anal as we all are especially after spending a lot of money for these, it looks horrible. Nobody wants something they work hard for to get fucked up by some careless idiot. Makes me just wanna hurt them. I'm gonna go back there and make them understand that and get a set of tires free or @least half off a set of tires. I could go back down there and cause a scene, but the only cars that were there were old cars w/ no aftermarket wheels. So those people could probably care less if they fucked up or not. Yeah that Turko guy. If nothing is resolved when I go back I'll give him a try.
Old 07-22-2002, 10:28 PM
sts
Advanced

Originally posted by mt6forlife
You get what you pay for. They were cheap, but look at the grief they've caused. People say I overpay for some things, but the places I go to have a good reputation for doing things right the first time and not damaging things in the process.
Yeah in most cases you do, but even the companies w/ a good reputation can still fuck things up. The difference is how the problem is handled and resolved.
Old 07-22-2002, 10:32 PM
sts
Advanced

Originally posted by Mike
That really stinx bro! My shop was willing to replace the rims. Talk to the mgr or his boss or the one above him until you get some satisfaction!!!

mt6, give the guy a break. he also went because the shop was recommended to him.
mike, yeah I'll be going down there tomorrow to show them how badly they screwd up. If I get no satisfaction then a letter to the BBB might help.
Old 07-23-2002, 02:12 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One of the guys from Sacto, Red Rider, has those rims and when he took it in for service at the AC dealer up there, they scratched one of his rims!!! But they fixed it for FREE!!!!!! They took it to some shop that specializes in repairing hi-end rims. I saw it before and after, and did they do a good job!!!

I would bitch till they fixed them!!!! They have NO RIGHT to scratch your rims and tell you that there is nothing they can do!!!
Do what you can!!! And tell them to off!!!
Old 07-23-2002, 10:56 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by AztecRol
One of the guys from Sacto, Red Rider, has those rims and when he took it in for service at the AC dealer up there, they scratched one of his rims!!! But they fixed it for FREE!!!!!! They took it to some shop that specializes in repairing hi-end rims. I saw it before and after, and did they do a good job!!!

I would bitch till they fixed them!!!! They have NO RIGHT to scratch your rims and tell you that there is nothing they can do!!!
Do what you can!!! And tell them to off!!!
Yeah, that was me and i was pissed, and it was only one rim. With what the Volks cost, i'd do whatever it takes to get them fixed or replaced. Good luck, and go get em !!!