Ain't this some bullsh*t!!!! CL Drivers, look out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 10:05 AM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ain't this some bullshit!!!! CL Drivers, look out!!!

I was driving home last night on the beltway here in DC, and as I was pushing 80 in the left lane, I see some lights haulin' ass! So I dropped to the right lane and let him fly by me. It was a Blue Subaru WRX with license plates "WRXTC" he had to be pushin' 100-110. Then a second set of headlights coming up so I stayed over and watched. It was a gold Oldsmobile Alero trying to catch this WRX. As I was looking at him as he passed me and saying to myself, this guy will never catch the WRX, he was putting his lights on the dashboard - Yep, you guessed it, 5-0!!! The po-po got Oldsmobiles in Maryland! Well needless to say, the Subaru driver hit a few bobs and weaves to try to shake the Olds, but a truck cut him off, the Olds made ground quickly and as the WRX tried to drop and hit an exit, BOOM the lights went on and he got toasted.

BE careful out there guys, I was impressed that he got caught, but now cops are driving anything. So far we have on record Expeditions, Mustangs Impalas, Monte Carlos, Aleros, and yes a Pick up truck seen on I-95 just south of Richmond, VA.

Right about now, it sucks being the driver of that Subaru.
Old 06-04-2002, 10:10 AM
Masshole

Re: Ain't this some bullshit!!!! CL Drivers, look out!!!

Originally posted by dajuice27
I was driving home last night on the beltway here in DC, and as I was pushing 80 in the left lane, I see some lights haulin' ass! So I dropped to the right lane and let him fly by me. It was a Blue Subaru WRX with license plates "WRXTC" he had to be pushin' 100-110. Then a second set of headlights coming up so I stayed over and watched. It was a gold Oldsmobile Alero trying to catch this WRX. As I was looking at him as he passed me and saying to myself, this guy will never catch the WRX, he was putting his lights on the dashboard - Yep, you guessed it, 5-0!!! The po-po got Oldsmobiles in Maryland! Well needless to say, the Subaru driver hit a few bobs and weaves to try to shake the Olds, but a truck cut him off, the Olds made ground quickly and as the WRX tried to drop and hit an exit, BOOM the lights went on and he got toasted.

BE careful out there guys, I was impressed that he got caught, but now cops are driving anything. So far we have on record Expeditions, Mustangs Impalas, Monte Carlos, Aleros, and yes a Pick up truck seen on I-95 just south of Richmond, VA.

Right about now, it sucks being the driver of that Subaru.
The 5-0 have 5.0's here in MA...totally unmarked!!!!
Old 06-04-2002, 10:32 AM
Banned

Here in Orlando, Fl. you can add plain jane Ford Countours and F150's, yes F150's to that list.
Old 06-04-2002, 10:35 AM
Burning Brakes

sneaky f in bastards
where are our rights goin?

better yet, how does a woman make a decision to stop or not
i told my wife and daughter not to stop for a car unless they are sure its the real thing
Old 06-04-2002, 10:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
and dont forget the new super trooper in a Z28
Old 06-04-2002, 10:51 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BSK181
sneaky f in bastards
where are our rights goin?

better yet, how does a woman make a decision to stop or not
i told my wife and daughter not to stop for a car unless they are sure its the real thing
Good question... how do u know for sure,... at night it could be a serial killer on the hnunt
Old 06-04-2002, 11:20 AM
Race Director

In Toronto we have:

Ford Crown Victoria
Chevrolet Lumina
Chevrolet Caprice
Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Volvo S70 T5
Mercedes-Benz ML class SUV
Chevrolet Suburban full-size SUV
Chevrolet Impala (current model, FWD)
Ford Taurus (previous model, not the "oval" Taurus)

These are most frequently used cop cars in toronto...the Volvo I've never seen, but a know a few people who have...although the Mercedes ML i have seen myself, and its craaazy..its dark blue, and apparently there is a white on also...but the ML cop cars are very rare..

We also have a few VW Beetle Cop cars..which look so funny, and nobody really takes seriuosly...
Old 06-04-2002, 11:26 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Damn dajuice.... this is just freakin great. I am already paranoid from the losers out in DC driving the Caprices and old looking cop cars with the freaking light. Now we have to worry about looking for aleros coming up on our rear. WTF? Good work checking on this...I know what to look for now.
Old 06-04-2002, 11:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by amirsafdari
We also have a few VW Beetle Cop cars..which look so funny, and nobody really takes seriuosly...
Are you serious. How friggin embarassing to be the cop crusin around in Beetle.
Old 06-04-2002, 11:46 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by 6speed

yea i am seriuos, its sad....

maybe some other toronto members have seen them,, for some reason every beetle cop i have seen was in the yonge and steeles area...
Old 06-04-2002, 11:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah I seen those too in Staten Island NYC. When I was up there last week, I saw 3 of them. They also are using the Buick Regals.

North FL has the Z28's. I saw 5 of them driving up/down I95. 2 pulled over people.
Old 06-04-2002, 11:56 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Indiana state troopers have Z28s... Purple too.
Old 06-04-2002, 12:00 PM
Drifting

Man that's kinda wrong...what would a person normally do if a car came up on the rear really fast? I normally either go to the next right lane over if I can, and if not, I just floor the accelerator and put distance between me and the car and then switch lane or continue on at normal speed...call it immature...but I would really hate to be rear ended if I could prevent it.
Old 06-04-2002, 12:14 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

I'll be the voice of reason here and say that I'm glad that guy got nailed. There is no reason at all to be hitting 100+ on the roads around here.

As for the cops driving unmarked cars--I try to keep a mental log of all the models I see, but more and more cars are being used by the fuzz.
Old 06-04-2002, 12:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by 6speed

Old 06-04-2002, 12:28 PM
Race Director

No need to become paranoid, basically the cops can be in practically any type of car they want. Don't they all have their own civilian cars? They have a badge. All they need is a pair of lights and they have the right to stop you. Do you have to pull over? Maybe, maybe not.

Ok, so the cops drive all kinds of cars; I'm sure there is a law in your state about how many (% wise) cop cars can be of the unmarked variety. Clearly a police force with 500 cars can't have 450 unmarked and 50 marked. Check your laws.

Second, all those unmarked cars aren't doing traffic duty. If I were an off-duty detective in my CL-S driving down the freeway and a Suburu passed me at 100mph, I would throw on my lights, give chase, and try to pull him over, too. Then all the BMW and Lexus people on their forums would go "OMG, the police is now driving Acuras."

All those cars don't have their speedometers certified; they don't have radar (if they do, then boom we got them beat). They don't set up speed traps and clock cars speeding, they probably only look for reckless drivers and aggressive driving and road rage and drunks.

Bottom line is you're on your own. Do you pull over? Get your cellphone out and dial 911. They'll let you know if you need to pull over or not. It's that simple. THIS IS NOTHING NEW, been seen it around for decades now.
Old 06-04-2002, 12:35 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

hehehe... NY State troopers have their Camaros, sure, but the also have the SUPER TROOPER TAHOES... planted on what look like miny 15 or 16" rims, painted the traditional NY trooper dark blue, and only door markings! These things fawkin HAUL ASS!!!!

but town cops are more scary here! my town uses cars they impound off of drug busts, etc... They drive cherokees, Toyotas, Mitsubishi, lexus, porsche, mercedes, vettes, hondas and on and on.. set up with thecomputer and all and the kick is that they keep the orig plates! There is a cherokee with Rhode Island Plates anda Lexus with NJ plates!!! They wont pull you over but tail you with lights on and then call for back up!!! FAWK!!!!
Old 06-04-2002, 12:43 PM
Old timer

Originally posted by JZ
I'll be the voice of reason here and say that I'm glad that guy got nailed. There is no reason at all to be hitting 100+ on the roads around here.

As for the cops driving unmarked cars--I try to keep a mental log of all the models I see, but more and more cars are being used by the fuzz.
Man I hate undercover cops. I can resp[ect ones, even ones doing radar, when they're in cop cars. But when they're disguising themselves as regular people that's just fucked up.
Old 06-04-2002, 12:55 PM
Suzuka Master

jeezus now olds mobile?

errr.. glad I didn't get caught yesturday driving around the beltway.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:31 PM

Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS
jeezus now olds mobile?

errr.. glad I didn't get caught yesturday driving around the beltway.

Be Careful sir!

Cops are sneaky bastards, but they are keeping us safe from idiots doing over 100 like that fucknut in the wrx.

OH! I saw a WRX with a HOT ass chick driving it, TOTALLY modded out.

VA LICENSE PLATES SAID: WRXGURL

Old 06-04-2002, 02:20 PM
Buckle Up

Originally posted by typeR
and dont forget the new super trooper in a Z28
I was on the way home from the beach a few weeks back and next to me was the 18 wheeler with all the new FHP Z28's. I was like dammn. I saw one on the road and gave him a thumbs up and he smiled and flew off.

Miami List:
Impalas
Grand Prix
Grand Am
Explorer
Ford Windstar (yes a mini)
thats all I know so far.
Old 06-04-2002, 02:26 PM

I was in a friend's car before and he ran a red light, before he ran he looked and there was no cop, just a mercedes S class behind, he ran it, the mercedes fliped on the lights, busted....
Old 06-04-2002, 02:32 PM
Banned

Originally posted by kensteele
No need to become paranoid, basically the cops can be in practically any type of car they want. Don't they all have their own civilian cars? They have a badge. All they need is a pair of lights and they have the right to stop you. Do you have to pull over? Maybe, maybe not.

Ok, so the cops drive all kinds of cars; I'm sure there is a law in your state about how many (% wise) cop cars can be of the unmarked variety. Clearly a police force with 500 cars can't have 450 unmarked and 50 marked. Check your laws.

Second, all those unmarked cars aren't doing traffic duty. If I were an off-duty detective in my CL-S driving down the freeway and a Suburu passed me at 100mph, I would throw on my lights, give chase, and try to pull him over, too. Then all the BMW and Lexus people on their forums would go "OMG, the police is now driving Acuras."

All those cars don't have their speedometers certified; they don't have radar (if they do, then boom we got them beat). They don't set up speed traps and clock cars speeding, they probably only look for reckless drivers and aggressive driving and road rage and drunks.

Bottom line is you're on your own. Do you pull over? Get your cellphone out and dial 911. They'll let you know if you need to pull over or not. It's that simple. THIS IS NOTHING NEW, been seen it around for decades now.
I don't know about the rest of these people, but the plain jane Ford Contour and the unmarked Ford F150 I saw were definately on traffic duty. They had people pulled over and I saw the flashing blue and red lights inside the car/truck. The F150 also had flashing blue and red lights in the grill. This was not a cop in his or her personal vehicle.
It used to be you could tell an unmarked car by the pan hard bar under the differential, the wider tires, spot light, special plate, or at least something. This new tactick sucks!
Old 06-04-2002, 05:32 PM

Yeah, no shit.

This Olds Alero had the flashing lights in the rear light assembly along with some lights in the grill area and the dash mounted flasher that he threw on while chasing the WRX.

Cops are sneaky, but this guy deserved to get stopped.

I say we get a sticky and have all people list what kinds of undercovers they see patrolling their highways, start like a mini database for us so we could use when we travel to other states. It would be helpful, I know I am looking at every car as a potential cop now with some of the info I just read.
Old 06-04-2002, 07:08 PM
What to do, what to think

DAyam

That would even suck if a undercover COP drives a CL-S like us, then we're in deep shit
Old 06-04-2002, 07:19 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by monkeymato

I was on the way home from the beach a few weeks back and next to me was the 18 wheeler with all the new FHP Z28's. I was like dammn. I saw one on the road and gave him a thumbs up and he smiled and flew off.

Miami List:
Impalas
Grand Prix
Grand Am
Explorer
Ford Windstar (yes a mini)
thats all I know so far.
i was scared shitless the first time i saw the z28 highway patrol i was doin speed limit the rest of the day
Old 06-04-2002, 07:30 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by bone_stock

I don't know about the rest of these people, but the plain jane Ford Contour and the unmarked Ford F150 I saw were definately on traffic duty. They had people pulled over and I saw the flashing blue and red lights inside the car/truck. The F150 also had flashing blue and red lights in the grill. This was not a cop in his or her personal vehicle.
It used to be you could tell an unmarked car by the pan hard bar under the differential, the wider tires, spot light, special plate, or at least something. This new tactick sucks!
No I believe it. Every police dept has a small fleet of cars that they use ON DUTY for all the reasons I mentioned including pulling over other cars. But this has been going on since the 70s or earlier. This is nothing new. But when I meant regular traffic control, I'll use Kansas as an example: you are speeding down a side street and there are at least a dozen cross roads. Inside one of those cross roads, you'll probably find a cop sitting running radar. When I approach a cross street, if I see an Alero sitting at the stop sign, I don't slam on the brakes. If I see a BMW, I don't slam on the brakes. The Aleros and the BMW are probably on the major highway or interstate along with a fleet of marked cars doing major traffic duty. Not trying to instant on traffic coming down 15th street in a 45mph zone while sitting in a KMart parking lot. That's what I meant. Really it's not a bad as you think (unmarked cars). Unless you are over 100mph, marked or unmarked, it's all the same if you are seen.

Which reminds me, I was at least 120 mph when a Kansas state tropper fully marked was getting on the freeway from the on ramp. I saw him, he saw me. Nothing I could do. As soon as he straightened up, he hit the Ka band radar to try to clock me. Too late, I was already gone. But here he comes, trying to catch up to me. Now I had to quickly break it down to 70 or 75 without using the brakes. Not easy. Needless to say he follows me because he doesn't think I see him (evening/night). He tried 3 or 4 times to continue to clock me to see my speed. I finally had enough and exited the freeway even though I didn't have to. Sooner or later I thought this guy was going to pull me over regardless.

Don't fret the unmarks. As professional speeders, our biggest enemies continue to be well-hidden long range instant on and laser.
Old 06-04-2002, 09:15 PM
Contagious

We should count ourselves lucky. Some places in England and Europe acutally use Lotus Esprits as their cop cars. The motto is if you can get away from the Lotus than you deserve not to get caught.
Old 06-04-2002, 09:30 PM
Subie Dubie

One of the other guys already said it, but many times i've gassed it when i saw someone coming up on me not thinking a cop would be driving whatever it was i saw in the rear view mirror, like an Olds Alero for instance !! Is nothing Sacred
Old 06-04-2002, 09:55 PM
Live Fast, Drive Fast

Intimidation

You guys think unmarked cars on the Interstate are bad. Well in Richmond Va, and surrounding counties the cops have modded SS Cameros (exhaust, rims, stereos, body kits, ect.). If this was not bad enough they will pull up next to cars and rev up their engine, do burnouts at stop lights, and anything else they can to entice a car into a race. When the light turns green they will race you to however fast you want to go, and then as soon as you slow down they flip their lights on and pull you over. Thats a street racing ticket, and they impund your car. The bad part is the cops are getting even worse and using the same tactics in cars that they seize from drug busts. So if in the Richmond area be careful who you run, they just might be Po-Po.
Old 06-04-2002, 10:00 PM

Yeah bro, like I said, watch out for the pickup truck around Richmond, VA
Old 06-04-2002, 10:44 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

D.,

Thanks for the warning. Ever since you told me last night (well, this AM), I've been looking for it.

I had to keep from toasting an out-of-area 1st Gen, because I couldn't tell if the Impala I was approaching was a cop or not!

Yeah, I know I shouldn't be racing on I-270, but that bottle in the trunk keeps "whispering" to me! :P