after sway install problems.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 06:02 PM
A-CL nub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
after sway install problems.

got my sways, pulleys on yesterday. couldn't really tell a diff. with the pulleys, the sways are great though and i could immediately tell.

here's the problem. instead of going by the instruction manual, where they say to take the wheels off when installing the front to get the bar off, he unbolted my headers and lowered it to get it off. i didn't have a problem with this, but when i started my car and revved a little...the sound was totally different. doesn't sound like a v6, but more like a 4 banger if you guys know what i'm talking about. i was thinking there's a leak somewhere, but i saw him bolt everything back on, and it seemed alright. he was kinda rough with it getting it off, maybe he cracked something up top? i don't know what it could be. also, i couldn't really tell a diff in acceleration after this noise. any clues? thanks.

rich
Old 10-18-2003, 06:08 PM
Back to Four Doors

Re: after sway install problems.

Originally posted by ktown378
got my sways, pulleys on yesterday. couldn't really tell a diff. with the pulleys, the sways are great though and i could immediately tell.

here's the problem. instead of going by the instruction manual, where they say to take the wheels off when installing the front to get the bar off, he unbolted my headers and lowered it to get it off. i didn't have a problem with this, but when i started my car and revved a little...the sound was totally different. doesn't sound like a v6, but more like a 4 banger if you guys know what i'm talking about. i was thinking there's a leak somewhere, but i saw him bolt everything back on, and it seemed alright. he was kinda rough with it getting it off, maybe he cracked something up top? i don't know what it could be. also, i couldn't really tell a diff in acceleration after this noise. any clues? thanks.

rich
I think the obvious response is ... have you taken it back to the installer for his opinion? I am assuming you paid for the installation and he should back up his work.

It does sound like something got misaligned somewhere. How are the connections to the rest of the exhaust system?
Old 10-18-2003, 08:07 PM
A-CL nub

well i was under the car on the lift when he was putting it back together, and i checked the bolts from the front/rear headers as well as the rest of the exhaust...it all seemed fine to me. :\
Old 10-18-2003, 08:49 PM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why remove the headers at all???? That is not needed.You just unbolt the mounts on the subframe and the joints on the lower control arms and slide it out to the side .

Jens
Old 10-18-2003, 09:02 PM
BC
nearsighted visionary

I was able to install CT anti-sway bar without removing wheels or headers. I'd wager the exhaust manifold gasket is not sealing. Show up with new gasket when looking for leak, you can take it back if not needed. Good luck.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:51 AM
A-CL nub

where can i get new gaskets? do i have to order them from obx? or is there a site anywhere?
Old 10-19-2003, 07:32 PM
BC
nearsighted visionary

Gaskets can be found at any Honda or Acura dealer.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:16 PM
A-CL nub

ok. i found the gaskets, not too bad of a price. just wondering. you know how you have to retighten the headers after a month or so...say they were loose a little. the sound could change right? i wish i could get a sound clip of what it sounds like.