AEM CAI Instaled by Park Ave!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2001, 09:12 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AEM CAI Instaled by Park Ave!

Well, I got my CAI w/ bypass valve installed @ Park Ave yesterday. They were kind enough to give me a loaner for the day as well. Wayne & Peter were very helpful & professional. I probably could of done the install myself, but it feels good knowing it was done by a trained TECH. I wish my damn dealer (Montclair Acura)would get up to speed w/ their Comptech installs, etc. The CAI sounds great on the highway - other than that you hardly know its there. Pe@ce

------------------
***2001 Acura 3.2 CL, Type-S***
Satin Silver w/ Ebony Leather.
Navigation System, Factory spoiler, LoJack, Moonroof visor, Factory blackwood trim, PIAA wedge-bulbs (ion yellow/#19173), 50% tint, K&N high flow air filter(#33-2178).

***AEM CAI, Comptech exhaust/springs & rims/tires tires TBA***
Old 05-10-2001, 10:20 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MYTYPES:
Well, I got my CAI w/ bypass valve installed @ Park Ave yesterday. They were kind enough to give me a loaner for the day as well. Wayne & Peter were very helpful & professional. I probably could of done the install myself, but it feels good knowing it was done by a trained TECH. I wish my damn dealer (Montclair Acura)would get up to speed w/ their Comptech installs, etc. The CAI sounds great on the highway - other than that you hardly know its there. Pe@ce

</font>
Just my opinion i would'nt post to people that you have lojack. Nowadays, you never know if someone is looking on this board for a car to rip off. Then again I may be paranoid

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr Cold Air Intake
Founding Member of the NO SCRATCHED RIMS CLUB

01'Acura Integra GSR
Old 05-10-2001, 03:41 PM
do it yourself, !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montclair Acura service Dept. sucks!! How much was the install? I'm going to try to make an appointment soon for install of my headers, springs, shocks, and sways. Maybe order a cai in the meantime. Can't wait for the meet!

jeremy

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S
Black - Ebony Interior - Spoiler - 20% Tint - Cleared Headlights

2000 Mercedes Benz E320
Black - Black Interior - Nav - Chrome AMG Rims
Old 05-10-2001, 04:11 PM
Burning Brakes

What problems did you have with Montclair Acura??? Other that they won't install comptech?

------------------
2001 Satin Silver CL Type S.
No Navi, PIAA 19169, Comptech Sways, Century Childseat, Mudguards.
Old 05-10-2001, 05:20 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Montclair isn't willing to do the installs like Park Ave is. I paid 49.95 for the install. Also, P.A. has their skiils up when it comes to mods. However, Montclair killed P.A. when it came to purchasing the vehicle. They couldn't compete w/ the price I ended up getting.

------------------
***2001 Acura 3.2 CL, Type-S***
Satin Silver w/ Ebony Leather.
Navigation System, Factory spoiler, LoJack, Moonroof visor, Factory blackwood trim, PIAA wedge-bulbs (ion yellow/#19173), 50% tint, Silver AEM CAI w/ bypass valve.

***Comptech exhaust, springs & rims/tires tires TBA***
Old 05-10-2001, 07:11 PM
Racer

Jeez... you guys make me jeleous by not having a Park Avenue Dealer here in the S.F. Bay Area...They just seem they are always on top of everything.

------------------
Acura CL Type S
Silver W/ Navi
Spoiler
Piaa Solitare 001 Plasma Ion Yellow With Upgraded 55W Bulbs
Eibach Pro Kit
Tokico Illumina Shocks
AEM Cold Air Intake
Comptech Sway Bars
Polarg M6
Dual 10"Infinity Kappa Series
MTX Amp Audio Thunder 302
My Type S
Old 05-11-2001, 01:00 AM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MYTYPES:
Montclair isn't willing to do the installs like Park Ave is. Also, P.A. has their skiils up when it comes to mods. However, Montclair killed P.A. when it came to purchasing the vehicle. They couldn't compete w/ the price I ended up getting.

</font>
I also got a great price from Montclair.
Just checking if you had a bad service experience from Montclair.
The only service I had them do so far was the free first oil change and general checkup. My second was done by Park Ave when I also got the Sways put in and 7500 check.
Haven't decided where to go for the next oil change, either the long hike up to Park Ave, or closer Bridgwater dealer. I used Bridgewater for my integra service, nothing bad but also nothing special.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver CL Type S.
No Navi, PIAA 19169, Comptech Sways, Century Childseat, Mudguards.
Old 05-11-2001, 01:27 AM
do it yourself, !

Don't get me wrong, Monclair Sales is the greatest! But I went for an oil change, fix a few rattles, and 7500 mile basic service. When I get the car back, there is a HUGE scratch on the hood about 3 feet long. I bitched at the manager and they insist it wasn't them.

A scratch like that is hard to notice if it was there before hand and from the feel of it, it was a pretty fresh scratch..right down to the metal. So the guy tries to blow me off and I leave and get the sales manager who's my uncle. An hour later, finally he gets them to fix it with no charge and they dont even offer a loaner..I had to ask for it.

When I get the car back, the sunroof still rattles and so did the back speaker. They didn't rotate the tires and I asked if they were supposed to and they said no, not until 12k miles. Well you guessed it, they didn't rotate them then either. Unless they took the tire off the rim because my scratched rim is in the same spot.

At this point I just had to get the fuck out of New Jersey. I doubted that they even changed my oil. Never again...

jeremy

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S
Black - Ebony Interior - Spoiler - 20% Tint - Cleared Headlights

2000 Mercedes Benz E320
Black - Black Interior - Nav - Chrome AMG Rims
Old 05-11-2001, 02:00 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
i think posting about having lojack is good, because then theives know not to waste their time