View Poll Results: Which are you more interested in for your CL?
Adjustable Cam Gear
46.15%
Full Cat Back Exhaust
15.38%
Not interested in either.
30.77%
Interested in Both
7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Adjustable Cam Gear or Full Cat Back Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 12:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Adjustable Cam Gear or Full Cat Back Exhaust

Just curious,

How many of you would be interested in comptech developing a Full Cat Back Exhaust or a Adjustable Cam Gear

the full cat back exhaust will have only 2-4 hp gain on our cars, the adjustable cam gear will have a hell of a lot more than that.

A rep at comptech told me that they are considering developing a full cat back exhaust for the cl and accords. but nothing as of yet for the cam gear.
Old 01-08-2003, 01:15 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
slyraskal,

Comptech is developing the B-pipe for the CL's and are expecting to have it out pretty soon. I was talking to them about it yesterday and was told they were going ahead with it because they have been asked so many times for it. You will be able to either get a full cat-back exhaust or just the B-pipe if you have already purchased the axle backs.

They are also developing a lightweight flywheel and new clutch for the 6 speed--in fact they are testing it this week.

Many things on the horizon--just takes time. They are getting the new Accord V6 in this week and currently working on the MDX, RSX intake and new Civic Si products (I am trying to get them to do a S/C for the MDX :P)

Thanks
Dean
Old 01-08-2003, 01:18 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by Deansbluesi
slyraskal,

Comptech is developing the B-pipe for the CL's and are expecting to have it out pretty soon. I was talking to them about it yesterday and was told they were going ahead with it because they have been asked so many times for it. You will be able to either get a full cat-back exhaust or just the B-pipe if you have already purchased the axle backs.

They are also developing a lightweight flywheel and new clutch for the 6 speed--in fact they are testing it this week.

Many things on the horizon--just takes time. They are getting the new Accord V6 in this week and currently working on the MDX, RSX intake and new Civic Si products (I am trying to get them to do a S/C for the MDX :P)

Thanks
Dean

Awesome dean!!!!!
Old 01-08-2003, 01:20 PM
Safety Car

Adjustable Cam Gears

The Adjustable cam gears have little tunability on SOHC motors... not to say that the DON'T help.. but definately not as much as on a DOHC motor.... especially in NA form. Without continuously
variable valve-timing... you are kind of 'stuck' tuning for either high-end or low-end power... and most people choose the former!

The adjustable cam-gear is really not that tough to make yourself... if you are seriously interested, I can make them. Of course, manufacturing them from a billet piece of aluminum is a different story!
Old 01-08-2003, 01:21 PM
Safety Car

The clutch/flywheel sounds very interesting! They are also thinking about a high-boost application for the CL-S S/C - the only delay is the electronics for timing-retard and fuel-mapping.
Old 01-08-2003, 01:25 PM
Team Owner

slyraskal,

Thanks
Dean
i spoke with comptech yesterday as well, they didn't mention anything to me about the b-pipe or the clutch, both of which are great mods. i competely understand about it taking time to develop these items, i'm just hoping that as they choose the products they develop the ones that are the most helpful and provide the best performance upgrade.
Old 01-08-2003, 01:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally posted by slyraskal
i spoke with comptech yesterday as well, they didn't mention anything to me about the b-pipe or the clutch, both of which are great mods. i competely understand about it taking time to develop these items, i'm just hoping that as they choose the products they develop the ones that are the most helpful and provide the best performance upgrade.
May be because you're not Comptech dealer...at least I don't think you are.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:11 PM
Team Owner

yea, i'm not a comptech dealer, maybe if i stick to talkin to one guy at comptech, and not a few different people i could get consistent info from them. oh well
Old 01-08-2003, 07:05 PM
Racer

slyraskal,

Its all good

I have been holding on to some of it, but since you brought up some of the info, I thougtht I would add a little extra.

Thanks
Dean
Old 01-08-2003, 08:18 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey dean what is this b-pipe you speak of? err where is it along the exhaust line would help more? and would this b-pipe be compatible with exhausts other than comptech.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:39 PM
Racer

liquid_x,

The "b-pipe" is the piece of your exhaust that runs from the catalytic (sp) converter to the mufflers.

I am not sure if it will connect to other companies mufflers--i.e. HKS or Thermal.

Thanks
Dean
Old 01-08-2003, 08:45 PM
Drifting

liquid_x,

The "b-pipe" is the piece of your exhaust that runs from the catalytic (sp) converter to the mufflers.

I am not sure if it will connect to other companies mufflers--i.e. HKS or Thermal.

Thanks
Dean
thanks dean i guess we'll have to see once it comes out. im sure you'll let us know when that is.
Old 01-09-2003, 06:56 AM
Burning Brakes

buy the time they come out with them will all have new cars.

{
supercharger}
{strutbar}