Add me to the 6-speed owners club!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2002, 08:37 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: New 6-Spd. owner as of today!!!

Originally posted by lambda75
hey guys, i just picked up a black on black '03 CL-S today..nice car..but, it was unfortunate that i had to buy a new car because on june 21st, while riding thru some mountain roads, i had to swerve to avoid another car and ended up totaling my '01 Yellow S2000..boy do I miss that car..but I made some money on the total loss value, and this car was the smartest decision considering my loan, and the amt. i have left..so I am happily alive and driving this fat new Acura...any suggestions on mods after break in period..thanks guys!!!
lambda75,
Welcome to the club!! Too bad about the s2k. Was it your daily driver???? If so how was it?

Congrats on the new ride. Well there are number of mods that you can do. What are you looking for, power or looks? Power you could go with some lightweight rims, CAI and headers. Looks rims and tint. A little of both you could drop the car with springs. Handling will be much improved by the sways.

Since you had the s2k you might be familiar with www.comptechusa.com they have alot of the mods for the CLS. You can also buy via www.autocarparts.com. Of course you aren't limited to comptech. Eiback, Neuspeed, TEIN all make suspension mods for our car. For CAI you have your choice of AEM and INJEN. Weapon-R makes a icebox.
Old 07-07-2002, 10:33 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by joeandcarol2

The acura 6 speed has no lockout for reverse just slight added pressure past 5-6.
It feels like reverse gets locked out once the car is moving or maybe once you shift into 2nd gear. I think there is something in the owners manual about this. I can't get the shifter to move right of the 5-6 gate once the car is moving.
Old 07-07-2002, 12:06 PM
Cruisin'

Zapata,

thanks for the reply..the S was great car...i have been through a relationship break up and felt better than when i looked at what i did to that car..it sucked...but this CL-S is really nice..it is nice to be in a cruiser again..i used to have a 95 Taurus SHO and the acura reminds a lot of that ride!!! the acura is even faster than my SHO when it was stock!

i am going for the performance upgrades before i do the appearance..do you or anybody else know if the current mods available are only available for the automatic setup? hopefully they are universal so i dont have to wait for a new design to come out...thanks again!
Old 07-07-2002, 12:39 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by lambda75
Zapata,

thanks for the reply..the S was great car...i have been through a relationship break up and felt better than when i looked at what i did to that car..it sucked...but this CL-S is really nice..it is nice to be in a cruiser again..i used to have a 95 Taurus SHO and the acura reminds a lot of that ride!!! the acura is even faster than my SHO when it was stock!

i am going for the performance upgrades before i do the appearance..do you or anybody else know if the current mods available are only available for the automatic setup? hopefully they are universal so i dont have to wait for a new design to come out...thanks again!

Not a problem. Everything I listed is available for the automatic. Since the MT is so new there aren't any mods available that are "exclusive" to it. Why did you decide to go with a AT when the s2k had MT?

Power mods:
headers: Prototype Racing and Comptech
intake: AEM, INJEN, WEAPON-R
Old 07-07-2002, 01:17 PM
CL 6 speeder

Originally posted by frederix

It feels like reverse gets locked out once the car is moving or maybe once you shift into 2nd gear. I think there is something in the owners manual about this. I can't get the shifter to move right of the 5-6 gate once the car is moving.
Ah Now I stand corrected. I dont own one and never tried going to the reverse gate when moving. Instinct I guess. But good to know Acura added this. I was a bit puzzeled by the lack of reverse lockout.

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2002, 01:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

The manual says there's a lockout which prevents you from shifting from 5th to R instead of 6th. Doesn't say anything about neutral to R. So I always make sure that I enter 6th directly from 5th. I'd sure hate to hit R on the freeway.
Old 07-07-2002, 08:43 PM
Where's your 6th gear?

Once the vehicle is in motion, R is locked. Doesn't matter if you are in 2nd or 5th. It'd be a bad day if you accidentally did a 5-R shift at 60mph.