Acura WINS as well as loses

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 06:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura WINS as well as loses

Speedvision's show room stock racing season is over for 2001. Piere Kleinubing won the Driver's championship in the Touring division in an Integra R, but BMW won the manufacturers cup. I still say it is unfair to make Acura race an I4 cylinder against BMW's I6 cylinder. Even so ACURA was penalized most of the year for winning too much. In Grand sports AUDI won the manufactuers cup as well as the driver's championship. Once again the supercharged ACURA NSX was penalized most of the year for winning to much.
For those of you that don't know they keep the competition even in this series by penalizing the winning car with extra weight (lead). Both the Integra and NSX won so much early on in the season they were penalized with a lot of extra weight. By the time the series got to the twisty tracks the Acura's were to heavy to win any more.
Oh well . . ... it was fun watching. In case anyone from REALTIME racing frequents this board Congrats on a great season. I'll be rooting for you again next year!
Old 11-12-2001, 07:11 AM
'Cooter

i have been watching sporadically...from what i saw, it was a very intense season...im glad to see Acura has seemingly come out of nowhere to win again and again...now all we need is to incorporate some of that into our cars, and we'd b set
Old 11-12-2001, 07:15 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, REALTIME racing has it together. PK and PC are awesome drivers! I can't wait for next season to start. PC almost won the whole shabang. Didn't he lose by one point? That penalty crap is insane. First they added all this weight to the NSX and then they made REALTIME turn down the boost on the car.

Did you find it odd that the porsches did really crappy at road atlanta? They all pretty much finished up in a pack.
Old 11-12-2001, 08:17 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Zapata
yeah, REALTIME racing has it together. PK and PC are awesome drivers! I can't wait for next season to start. PC almost won the whole shabang. Didn't he lose by one point? That penalty crap is insane. First they added all this weight to the NSX and then they made REALTIME turn down the boost on the car.

Did you find it odd that the porsches did really crappy at road atlanta? They all pretty much finished up in a pack.
Yeah that was odd. Even more odd was the Les Stanford team going back to a ZR1 Vette. What happened to the C5 they were developing? That looked to be getting better and better.
Hopefully, next year REALTIME will be running the RSX's in touring. I talked to PC at Sebring and he told me they looked into developing a CL, but I guess they could never overcome the weight. Too bad I would have loved to see Acura's V6 against BMW I6! That's more of a fair fight.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:55 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RSX-S would be amazing. What I'd like to see is the RSX-R Whoa, this penalty bullshit is insane. They actually reward people for finishing second. Yeah, I think the NSX would do just as well even if it didn't have the SC on it. So sorta have the acurav6 v. bmw i6.
Old 11-12-2001, 10:00 AM
6 speed...

Re: Acura WINS as well as loses

Originally posted by bone_stock
I still say it is unfair to make Acura race an I4 cylinder against BMW's I6 cylinder.
think about roger foo (1.6l civic hatchback) and taz harvey (civic si) running around out there against those 328s...

at least foo got top rookie honors.

and I thought it was awesome that derek bell was finally able to run consistently up front with the audi s4 in the GT series. he really wasn't competitive in the old bmw m coupe he ran a couple of seasons ago (and I still saw at least one m coupe being used a berm for c5 vettes during the last rounds at road atlanta).
Old 11-12-2001, 03:05 PM
KISS MY

thats some crazy shit... i love that circuit... NASCAR SUCKS>>>
Old 11-12-2001, 03:31 PM
STi

Talking about Roger Foo his car is for sale!
http://www.modacar.com/cars/foo_civic/foo_civic.htm
Old 11-12-2001, 03:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Acura WINS as well as loses

a coworker told me that the NSX was so loaded down that the suspension actually broke.

Originally posted by bone_stock
Speedvision's show room stock racing season is over for 2001. Piere Kleinubing won the Driver's championship in the Touring division in an Integra R, but BMW won the manufacturers cup. I still say it is unfair to make Acura race an I4 cylinder against BMW's I6 cylinder. Even so ACURA was penalized most of the year for winning too much. In Grand sports AUDI won the manufactuers cup as well as the driver's championship. Once again the supercharged ACURA NSX was penalized most of the year for winning to much.
For those of you that don't know they keep the competition even in this series by penalizing the winning car with extra weight (lead). Both the Integra and NSX won so much early on in the season they were penalized with a lot of extra weight. By the time the series got to the twisty tracks the Acura's were to heavy to win any more.
Oh well . . ... it was fun watching. In case anyone from REALTIME racing frequents this board Congrats on a great season. I'll be rooting for you again next year!