Acura News~~

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2001, 01:15 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura News~~

I went to the dealership yesterday to get my window fixed...the regulator was dry so they fixed it while telling me it was my fault cauz i got tints...b/s

newayz had a bunch of questions to ask the guys and found out that the 6spd. manual will come out for the TLS first, early 2002...around Feb.
they had no clue as into when it'll come out for the CLS...more the reason to believe that the CLS will be heavily modified before it's 6spd. intro.

as for those interested in the RSX...looks tight
i like the interior kindda audi-ish with the red light and aluminum all around..
the demo release is in 2 days and the car will start hitting the dealerships the 1st week of july....

there will be 2 6spd. RSXs
@ Spitzer Autoworld in Pittsburgh PA for those interested....

peace

------------------
good to have a CLS...sux to be in pittsburgh
Old 06-27-2001, 01:16 PM
Pro

two to demo or two to buy??

------------------
Future "bucket": 96-99 GST/GSX or 93-99 Prelude w/ bolt on turbo
Previous ride: '01 CL-S, Black, dropped 2 in....couldn't make da payments
Old 06-27-2001, 01:30 PM
Instructor

1 demo
1 to buy

------------------
good to have a CLS...sux to be in pittsburgh
Old 06-27-2001, 01:38 PM
Pro

in that case i see dealers asking for $25-26 k for that car.

low supply + high deman = Ripped up your a-hole

------------------
Future "bucket": 96-99 GST/GSX or 93-99 Prelude w/ bolt on turbo
Previous ride: '01 CL-S, Black, dropped 2 in....couldn't make da payments
Old 06-27-2001, 01:44 PM
Drifting

I know I wouldnt be in a big hurry to buy a RSX. Some dealer told me that any modification to the RSX will void the whole warranty. He told me its a new thing Acura will be doing (i dont believe it, just htough I would mention it)

Spiro
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dyno_CL-S:
in that case i see dealers asking for $25-26 k for that car.

low supply + high deman = Ripped up your a-hole

</font>

------------------
Black/Black 2001 CL-S
Comptech Headers
Random Technology Cat
RED AEM CAI
RED AEM Pulleys
APEXi V-AFC
Polarg M6 Roadlamps
Old 06-27-2001, 01:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spiroh:
I know I wouldnt be in a big hurry to buy a RSX. Some dealer told me that any modification to the RSX will void the whole warranty. He told me its a new thing Acura will be doing (i dont believe it, just htough I would mention it)

Spiro

</font>
They can't do that.... A cai, headers or mufflers should not void anything.

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Polarg M-6 lamps, K&N filter #33-2178,
Comptech Headers, Sways, mufflers
Planning: SSR 17X7.5 GT1 Wheels, Brembo Brakes.
Old 06-27-2001, 02:03 PM
Instructor

That brings up an important question....Do any of the Acura dealers do warrantied mods? You know, BMW has Dinan, Toyota does their own TRD mods.

------------------
'01 CL-S Black/Parchment
Spoiler and NAV.
AEM cai
Infinity Kappa 6.5" comps.
Kappa 2-way 6x9s
10" Kicker Solobaric sub.
Kicker IX405D 5-channel amp.
MOMO F16 shift knob
RAZO aluminum pedals
PIAA super white road lamps

Trending Topics

Old 06-27-2001, 02:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts

I don't believe the 6-speed TL-S for a second... especially since the 2002 just came out and it's due for a redesign in 2 years. There's no way they're going to redo the car to allow a 6-speed to fit 10 months after the model just came out. I think everyone should just wait until Acura announces it b/c most of these dealers don't know their ass from their elbow. Wayne from Park Ave Acura seems to be the only one who's in the know, and he's already confirmed no 6-speed until at least 2003. As far as the RSX... I wouldn't mind one as a play car ....

------------------
1998 Iced Blue CL 3.0
Mods: * PIAA Superwhite Headlights ** Rabrig Superwhite corners ** PIAA 1100x Superwhite fogs ** Clear Bumpers (finally) ** tinted windows (20% rear / 35% rest) ** Weapon-R F1 Carbon Intake ** (NOW FOR SALE!!)<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/juniorbean" TARGET=_blank>
For pictures of my car, click here</A>

Moderator - 1st Gen and Car Talk
Email: juniorbean@acura-cl.com
Old 06-27-2001, 02:29 PM
Advanced

I don't think it's a lie Spiroh...There's a huge problem going on right now with Z06 Vette owners that are being blacklisted by GM for just RACING the car.

According to the GM policy, ANY kind of racing done in the Z06 (I think this is true for all GM cars) voids the warranty. The damn car even comes with a How-to video on road racing but yet they still condemn racing for the car they say is meant to be pushed to the limits!

Pretty soon I'm sure most dealerships will follow the same trend and screw most of us enthusiasts over.
Old 06-27-2001, 02:35 PM
Drifting

I think you are on to something. What the hell is the point of buying a sports car if you are not allowed to race it? What that tells me is if they stop allowing people to race their cars, their quality is going to go downhill also. Dont the Z06 vettes have a lot of reliability issues?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pensam300z:
I don't think it's a lie Spiroh...There's a huge problem going on right now with Z06 Vette owners that are being blacklisted by GM for just RACING the car.

According to the GM policy, ANY kind of racing done in the Z06 (I think this is true for all GM cars) voids the warranty. The damn car even comes with a How-to video on road racing but yet they still condemn racing for the car they say is meant to be pushed to the limits!

Pretty soon I'm sure most dealerships will follow the same trend and screw most of us enthusiasts over.
</font>

------------------
Black/Black 2001 CL-S
Comptech Headers
Random Technology Cat
RED AEM CAI
RED AEM Pulleys
APEXi V-AFC
Polarg M6 Roadlamps
Old 06-27-2001, 02:42 PM
Advanced

Just one and it's pretty bad.
The Z06's built before 10/00 have a oil burning problem. The engine burns 1qt of oil in 400-1k miles.

The repair is to have the engine refurbished, not replaced. Poor Vette owners are taking it in the ass.
Old 06-27-2001, 02:51 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

As for dealers saying any mods will void the warranty, well, that's just BS. It is not up to them to decide this issue, there are actually laws that govern this very thing. I believe on the jetchip website they give links to the actuals lasws governing mods to cars.

As for the GM thing, well that is a bit more troublsome. The old saying to the customer from the installer is , "you gotta pay to play". That should also go for the dealer. If you are going to make "race" cars and charge top dollar for them than you have to stand behind them. I agree that someone miss-shifting and blowing the motor is their own fault, and any premature wear that is a result of racing or NO should be the customer's problem, but to have something major go wrong that is just from poor workmanship--that should always be the responsibility of the dealer.

Why not just offer racing warranties? Aside from forced induction anything you do to your car and the effects it causes would be covered at a high cost.

------------------
Black/black CLS
Comptech headers, springs, swaybars
Koni yellows
Polarg M6 road lamps
Solaris Hi beams
Potenza RE730 225/45/17
Red AEM CAI
Denso Iridium plugs
35% metallic tint
Old 06-27-2001, 02:55 PM
Advanced

And that's how most of us see it, but unfortunately, the Big Corporations like to stick it to the little guy.

Why spend their own hundreds of thousands of dollars on repairs when they easily can just say, "Hey, you were at Sears Point on xx and you raced and now your f--cked!" This has actually happened to some of the Z06 boys down on www.z06vette.com

I really feel for them because even if they dragged once, they can still be blacklisted.

Old 06-27-2001, 08:06 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by juniorbean:

I don't believe the 6-speed TL-S for a second... especially since the 2002 just came out and it's due for a redesign in 2 years. There's no way they're going to redo the car to allow a 6-speed to fit 10 months after the model just came out. I think everyone should just wait until Acura announces it b/c most of these dealers don't know their ass from their elbow. Wayne from Park Ave Acura seems to be the only one who's in the know, and he's already confirmed no 6-speed until at least 2003. As far as the RSX... I wouldn't mind one as a play car ....

</font>
i agree no way with the tl-s yet as a 6 speed. i heard that they are going to come out with stick on cl and then if it is successful they will try it on the tl, but at least not for a year or 2
Old 06-27-2001, 08:36 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JZ - Talked to Rick today - he said he's almost positive on a manual transmission CL-S next year.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
50% tint sides, 35% back.
J&J custom CAI
Comptech drop-in filter.