Acura Navi vs Infiniti Navi

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 03:38 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Acura Navi vs Infiniti Navi

Here's a short comparison between the Acura and Infiniti Navi systems, from a guy that owns a TL-S and a G35 Coupe.

Just thought you might like to hear his opinions-

Since you've already used the CL's navi, it'd be simplest for me to just say that you'll feel right at home using the one in the G.

Speed - I honestly couldn't tell you which is faster. They're both fast enough where calculation speed isn't an issue on either. Before I leave for work tomorrow morning, I'll A/B 'em and give you a better answer.

Ease - Touchscreen is a nice feature but the joystick's just as easy to use. Six in one hand, half a dozen in the other.

Maps - I'd give that to the Acura. They've even got the main road in my parking lot at work, unamed of course, but it tracks.

This is a mute point though because likely you'll be in birds eye view where secondary roads aren't important. The G has a nice feature that when a turn is approaching, it switches to a flat zoomed view with a VERY accurate view of the turn.

If you liked the Acura navi, you'll like the G's as well.

G35 Coupe/DP/Graph/5AT/Prem/Nav
'02 Acura 3.2TL-S/Nav
He then responded again:

I just drove the G to work and have an answer for you.

The G calculates the route in about half the time it takes the Acura. Around 10 seconds for the G, 20 for the Acura. Advantage G!

The Acura picks a better route and recalculates better when you vary. The G's navi will try to turn you back to the orginal route where the Acura will instantly calculate a new heading. It takes the G much longer to decide you just aren't gonna go that way and give you fresh directions. Also, the G gave the final, "You have arrived" destination on the wrong side of the road. That could possibly be a problem if the addresses aren't visible.

There is one thing about the G's navi you'll have to get used to. You can only program your destination while the car is stationary. That means a full stop and you'd be hard pressed to program it in the short span of a red light. A safety feature, sure but still somewhat annoying.

One thing you will like is you can store in your home address and this you can call up while on the move. A nice feature!

Show me the way to go home. I'm tired and I want to go to bed!"

G35 Coupe/DP/Graph/5AT/Prem/Nav
'02 Acura 3.2TL-S/Nav