Old 02-28-2002, 02:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Thanks to all for the support

Originally posted by TypeSKid

Since when do condoms cost $30K?

What a gay example.

The guy has a right to be pissed.

Acuras quality sucks dick, and this is my LAST acura/honda EVER.

Go buy a Chrysler. I'm sure you'll be happier.
Old 02-28-2002, 02:42 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks to all for the support

Originally posted by mcdanjw

You may think its a gay example, or perhaps you type before you think. I'd rather my tranny fail than my condom. At least you can make the cl go away... feel free to disagree on that. I'm sure you can come up with some 'my tranny might fail as I pull out in front of an 18 wheeler doing 100 mph' bullshit.

The attitudes on this forum crack me up sometimes.
Lets not forget that when somebody is doing 120 on a 40mph speedlimit area, its the person who pulls out's fault.... After all, if you don't have superhuman eyesight, and radar built into your head you shouldn't be driving.
I think comdom failure rates are higher than our tranny failure rates... at least when the tranny fails you don't have to worry about putting your car though college.
Old 02-28-2002, 04:39 PM
Racer

Well, this may not be the popular vote, but I think this guy is a hot head...
Here is what I got from your link. Maybe I missed something...
Your side:
You bought a new CLS.
Your new CLS has a transmission problem.
This problem has occured twice.
You have been without your car.
You are pissed off.
You feel they are not standing behind their product.
You feel you deserve to be compensated.

Acura's side:
We will fix your car.
We will pay you for the time you were without your car.
We will give you a different CLS or if you prefer an RSX.
Or if you dont want to trade we will give you a 100000 mile warranty on your current car so if anything further happens, it will be fixed free of charge.

Sooooo... what is the problem?
Even if there is a known problem with the car, you have to do your best to resolve it rationally.
The bottom line is: Shit happens, shit breaks down all the time. If you can not prove that there is a known and serious issue with the transmission, then you have nothing to stand on. If this happens 1/1000 times, then why would they even consider a recall? How many "unflawed" transmissions end up being replaced? 1/2000? There wouldnt be transmission shops all over town if it didnt happen to all cars.

Now, I would be upset too if my transmission failed on a brand new car, but it seems to me that they are willing to resolve the problem. First of all, they are repairing the vehicle. Second, they agreed to compensate you for the time your car was out of service. Third, they offered you another S or to fix any further problems on your current car for 100000 miles.
What do you want them to do? Take you to the BMW dealership and buy you a M3?

Are you telling me that when you bought the car if the salesman had said "there is a one in a thousand chance that something might go wrong with this car before it hits 100000 miles, but if it does, we will fix it for free and pay you for the time you are without the vehicle." You wouldnt have bought it? Give me a break....
Dont get me wrong, I AM sympathetic to your position, but you need to take a step back and analyze your situation. No judge or arbitrator will rule in your favor based on the facts you have presented. You cannot prove that it isnt a random occurence and they have offered to fix it and compensate you.
If I were you, I would take them up on the deal. Tell them you want the money for the time you were without your car, and you want a different S or the extended warranty. Hell, if you wait another week or so, you could probably get a 6 speed.
Old 02-28-2002, 04:43 PM
Burning Brakes

That calls for yet another...

Amen brother.
Old 02-28-2002, 10:52 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hatemystocks, you go boy
Old 03-01-2002, 12:28 AM
Race Director

I'm not even going to comment on these posts.

Everyone here already knows my position on this anyway.

Let's just say there are a few people who are in this purely for personal gain.
Old 03-01-2002, 02:37 AM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by SchwartzSM

I guarantee you this kind of complaint wouldn't even get up to a high-level exec at Ford. They'd dismiss it immediately. It's all relative...if it were a Volvo S80, it'd be fixed already.
FYI Ford owns Volvo dude...

I do wonder what the percentage of bad CLS trannies will be when they all hit 75k miles plus. My guess is you will be hard pressed to find any high mileage 01-02 CLS's without at least one tranny replacement. Oh...and btw mine went at *1500* miles and I drove it like a granny. Acura/Honda needs to get their shi# together asap.
Old 03-01-2002, 06:41 AM
Old timer

Everyone just ignore this thread, there's a lot of idiocy in here. Stick to the tranny forum or car talk. As you were.