Acura of Denville Service Did Me Dirty!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 05:32 PM
Not a Registered User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura of Denville Service Did Me Dirty!!!

first of all i should've known they would piss me off from when i first went in to scheduale the appointment to get these fixed:
*passender side set belt doesn't retract*
*front right headlight fogs up a lot*
the guy behind the service desk barely looked at me while we spoke, his eyes were always looking at something else, or he was typing/writing something...made me feel like an ass, but whatever...

i went today to get these 2 problems fixed...

*headlight fogging up* they told me because of an accident i had been (that headlight was replaced) they wouldn't fix it, they said the body shop either replaced it wrong, or... the headlight the shop got wasn't a REAL HONDA HEADLIGHT...(wtf??? when did they start making knockoffs?)...this kind of made sense to me (headlight being replaced improperly) so i nodded along with his BS...

*seatbelt doesn't retract* first after about a 45 min. wait they service guy comes to me to tell me "there's nothing wrong with the seatbelt, come to the back and show the mechanic what's wrong with it" (may i remind you this is the guy that never paid full attention to me when i spoke, probably cause of my age) i go to the back and this guy hops in the driver's seat and shows me how the seatbelt works fine...i agreed, it did, but if he had paid attention to anything i said he would've known the problem was on the passenger side ( i even explained to him when my friends get out of the passenger side the seatbelt slams over to the outside of the car)...he calls the mechanic over, and the mechanic says ok....
then...the mechanic tells me he can't fix it under warranty because of the accident! WTF? (the accident only affected the front right corner of the car (headlight area, and bumper, the passenger door did have some scratches, but nothing on the inside got messed up except for the airbags popping out) he tells me there could've been a few reasons for the seatbelt not retracting:
1. the shop that fixed the car didn't replace the seatbelt retracting wheel or something
2. the shop replaced it wrong like the headlight, and wasn't working properly cause the shop messed up
3. when the airbags went off it messed up the seatbelt on the passenger side (why not the driver side then?)

...it was complete BS, then he had the nerve to tell me, "I'm not gonna fix the seatbelt because Acura isn't going to pay me to fix it, contact your insurance co. and the shop that fixed your car"

i was pissed off and left !!! The problem is that the seatbelt was messed up before the accident, but i never had time to get it fixed, but after it got to the point where it was too annoying having it slamming on the car all the time, i made time. Would they believe me if i told them this, probably not, i didn't even bother. This hit me after I left, could they prove the accident was what messed up the seatbelt? (probably couldn't right?)

Acura of Denville service sucks! IMO they're rude and cheap! What should I do? Argue with them or let it go? Anyone have similar experience with this dealer?
Old 11-04-2002, 05:37 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I get the same age discrimination shit all the time. BTW, did you put a request in for ONLY genuine Acura parts after your accident?
Old 11-04-2002, 05:46 PM
Not a Registered User

no requests, i don't even know what that is...are you serious? do they really make knockoff headlights???
Old 11-04-2002, 05:51 PM

was there a passenger in the car during the accident
Old 11-04-2002, 05:56 PM
Not a Registered User

yes, but they weren't wearing their belt, i was...btw, it wasn't a new fatal accident or anything, but the bumper did get f'ed up...axle broke...
Old 11-04-2002, 06:27 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

tho i dont know about the headlights, they do make knockoffs parts of the car so u gotta make sure they (the bodyshop u take it to) uses genuine oem products
Old 11-04-2002, 07:44 PM
Race Director

Yeah it sucks to be young sometimes I guess...sorry to hear about your troubles, they should've fixed you up.

I was young once too and now that I look back...I can see where half of what I said wasn't even really listened to.

Isn't there another nearby Acura dealership to go to?
Old 11-04-2002, 07:52 PM
Not a Registered User

would i be able to take it to another dealer? would the new dealer look into their computer and see that Acura of Denville refused to fix it under warranty, and refuse to fix it too?
Old 11-04-2002, 11:06 PM
www.drippinwet.com

Originally posted by SicK TypeS
would i be able to take it to another dealer? would the new dealer look into their computer and see that Acura of Denville refused to fix it under warranty, and refuse to fix it too?
try another dealer, i had genuine acura headlamps replaced in my accident, LF fogged up, had it replaced under warranty, i had like $8,000.00 worth of damage, and my seat belts are working fine (i didn't use mine either, it is not warranty only when you can prove it it is not a defect in workmanship or materials, if it is an aftermarket headlamp (not sure if they make them - more than likely they do) then they are right, if not its a warranty item
Old 11-04-2002, 11:44 PM
Suzuka Master

its hard to believe that there are actually knockoff headlight housing for the cl or even tl. that is just total BS

the seatbelt thing HAS TO BE FIXED UNDER WARRANTY BECAUSE ITS A SAFETY DEVICE DUH

sidemarker
Old 11-05-2002, 07:33 AM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just go to Park Ave Acura. They will treat you with respect and will mostly take care of your problems. Acura of Denville is near me and so is Montclair Acura. I rather take the extra drive to PAA because they both suck ass in service.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:51 AM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by TypeSDragon
Just go to Park Ave Acura. They will treat you with respect and will mostly take care of your problems. Acura of Denville is near me and so is Montclair Acura. I rather take the extra drive to PAA because they both suck ass in service.
I think Acura of Denville may be under new management now. (Which has happened a couple of times over the years.) I used to go there when I lived in the area... The PAA service experience is much better.

Denville's a really good location for a test drive. (The 10E-287N-80W-Franklin Road loop is what sold me on the CL-S.)
Old 11-05-2002, 08:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Just take it to another dealership and have them fix those 2 issues. Had problems with one dealership here before and they wouldn't fix it (couldn't is more like it because they couldn't find the problem), but I took it to another and they helped me.

Also, safety belts are necessities and you can probably tell them that it was like that before. If they don't believe you, tell them to put it in writing that they refuse to fix it and if you get in an accident and someone gets hurt or worse, dies, then you are going to sue their ass!
Old 11-05-2002, 09:48 AM
I have the need for speed

A year ago, my friend was in a bad font end accident that almost declared his TLS totaled, but somehow the insurance company paid for the $14,000 in damages to fix it. Until recently, the fan belt was slipping. So he brought it into the dealer to get it fixed under warranty, and they refused because the car was in an accident. It was hard to tell that the car has been in an accident. The service department pointed out there was no vin stickers on the fenders, bumper, and other areas where Acura placed them. So they couldn't repair anything in the engine area because of his front end accident. The best part is we have a buddy at Springfield Acura who is a tech there and he fixes our cars at the dealer when he has the spare time.

Lesson here is not get into any accident because the Acura Service department will try to weasel out of fixing a car under warranty!
Old 11-05-2002, 11:55 AM
Certified Lurker

Denville acura sucks, plain and simple....its like the 3rd lowest selling dealership in the nation for a reason, the people there are asses and the service sucks....i always bring my car to Montclair Acura for service, but only because my family is personal friends with one of the mechanics so he does all the stuf for us on his spare time....otherwise i would say try Wayne acura, thats where i got my car, good sales dept., dont konw bout the service though.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:33 PM
www.drippinwet.com

Originally posted by jcl_cls01
Lesson here is not get into any accident because the Acura Service department will try to weasel out of fixing a car under warranty!
2 side to that, nobody should weasel out of a warranty repair, but if it is not a defect in workmanship or materials, or certainly an aftermarket part, or poor workmanship it shouldn't be warranty, not to say its the customers fault, but if someone did not repair something properly wheather its an acura dealership or someone else, it should not be warranty but should be "absorbed' by the repair personell or facility to make things right, warranty or not any facility/tech should stand behind thier work
Old 11-05-2002, 05:52 PM
Racer

I feel your pain dude... BUT...

1. If your body shop replaced that headlight then its hard to hold Acura responsible for it. Sure it might be a OEM part but maybe they dropped it or something when they were trying to install it.

2. I saw a show on TV once that was talking about safety features in cars. One of the gagets they talked about was a seat belt locking mechanism that some cars have for accidents when the air bags are deployed.

Basicly from what I remember it was a compressed air powered shaft that fires out during an accident that holds the seat belt snug againg your body. They said that the things only work once and after an accident have to be replaced along with the airbags.

I have no idea if our cars even have that system.. Also I have a feeling you wouldn't be able to move the belt at all if it went off.

In short... you might want to talk to your body shop. I would think however Acura could verify whether or not that was the problem with the seat belt.