Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 03:33 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maybe try to take it to another dealership and see if they say the same thing
Old 08-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Intermediate

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but finally had some good news with this car! The Acura dealer in Wilmington and a private shop could not correct the problem with my ABS and VSA lights. They went out for a few months so I did not worry about it. So of course they came back on about six weeks ago. I have moved to Durham, NC to attend graduate school at Duke University. I took a chance on N-Tune Automotive which is near my home. They figured it out, it was a loose ground wire! We will see how it goes from here.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:46 AM
Instructor

I have the same problem with my car....ABS, VSA and exclamation light is on all the time! Want to get this resolved so I can sell the car soon....

Whats the best way to troubleshoot this...I have my mechanic and whats the best way for his to troubleshoot it!
Old 03-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Intermediate

I don't know what processes he used to troubleshoot, but he said it was not typical to get so many warning lights with just a pump, computer, etc. out. Your mechanic might give them a call at N-Tune Automotive in Durham, NC, he might be able to at least lead him in the right direction. No lights since Matt worked on it. The only problem is that it seems woefully underpowered for 260 HP, but at least it runs with no other problems.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Registered CL-er!

Originally Posted by awraynor
I don't know what processes he used to troubleshoot, but he said it was not typical to get so many warning lights with just a pump, computer, etc. out. Your mechanic might give them a call at N-Tune Automotive in Durham, NC, he might be able to at least lead him in the right direction. No lights since Matt worked on it. The only problem is that it seems woefully underpowered for 260 HP, but at least it runs with no other problems.
i've has the same issue foe several months now. the car still drives the same. when i had my tranny flushed at a local acura/honda mechanic, i had him check for codes and sure enough 12 error codes with ABS PUMP FAILURE (something to that effect) appeard on the scanner. When he went to reset it, the scanner asked if the car was leveled. he input yes, but for some reason it still detected an unlevel somewhere and the ecu would not reset.

i know for a fact vsa and abs don't work cause it snowed last month and my car would skid under hard braking and wheel spin in wot.

can u provide a contact number for matt at n-tune? im in jerz by the way. i would like to ask how he figured it out.

did ur car always felt underpowerd? u may need a tune up.

i also heard when acura changed trannies under warranty they also swapped ecu's claiming the programming was to agressive for the tranny to handle.

they done the recall on my car as well way before i purchased it. they added the tranny jetkit.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:13 PM
10th Gear

lights on dash

yeah guys i have the same problem for atleast 6 months now,the VSA,triangle light,abs and srs lights are all on.sometimes all the lights gets very bright and then the dims dont reallt know what to do,i did read all the post and it's very helpful but still dont where to start an idea thanks.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:36 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
when my trans went the ! light and the CEL went on.. and trans was shifting bad so I was expecting it. I doubt it's ur trans... unless there is a physical problem with the driveability then i'd say check the trans off the list and look in to abs sensor, the abs modulator, or the VSA unit etc.

when lights are on will abs engage???

if not. I'd put my money on a brake related problem. Cause VSA uses the ABS system to work.

If the brakes do work then I'd say the VSA unit.

But I don't see why the abs light would be on if was just the VSA .

my (2cents)
Old 08-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Instructor

Had this problem for a couple months. Took the car in, had the codes read. Rear passenger speed sensor. I got the part and replaced it today. ABS and VSA light are gone. However the traction triangle light remains. Anyway to manually reset this without using a code reader?
Old 08-07-2010, 05:08 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
pulling the 7.5AMP fuse will reset almost everything.. I'd give that a try