30K service .... happy about raping :dunno:

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003 | 05:36 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

30K service .... happy about raping :dunno:

Well, it cost me $390 bucks . But, for some reason I didn't mind. It was 430 bucks and he gave me a 10% discount. Now don't calculate out shit and give me exact numbers

They replaced the entire seat cover of my driver seat because the leather had started cracking on the left lumbar support area. They also resurfaced my rotors (even though i didnt feel anything. ) Chris (my service guy) called me to tell me that he felt a slight pulsation in the steering wheel when he drove my car so he went ahead and did it w/o getting a hold of me. That was nice of him. I still have more than 50% of all my brake pads. That is good i guess. That probably explains why i don't have totally warped rotors yet:P . He also said that he will give me a free detailing interior/exterior in the summer. Not to mention that they have kept my car squeek free

so, in conclusion

I spent 390 dollars on a service and i am happy about it. How the fuck did that happen

And to repeat what NickPass had said in an old thread Woodfeild Acura Service dept. Rocks!!!!!!!!! Thanks Chris!!!

I almost forgot...when i got my car my Owners Manual did not come in the snazzy (:P ) leather case that you all got. I just mentioned it to him in conversation and he got one for me free of charge. It is the little things like this that keep me going there. Thanks
Old 03-07-2003 | 06:44 PM
Senior Moderator

dood- U got raped......... did you call around for quotes? Should have went to Continental in Naperville
Old 03-07-2003 | 06:48 PM
Administrator Alumnus

What is the going rate for a 30K service in Chicago?
Old 03-08-2003 | 08:16 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

i think that is about average...but try Continental according to Synth.
Old 03-08-2003 | 08:44 AM
Drifting

I said it before and I'll repeat it again.. 30,000 service (I supplied the oil), $141.00 (included tranny fluid change). Have you had your brake pads replaced per TSB 01-017 (that's probably what caused your rotors to be warped)? You get what you pay for?? YMMV
Old 03-08-2003 | 08:51 AM
Pro

The new leather was probably at least $400.00. Throw in the free rotor job and you came out ahead. You didn't get raped. Plus they will take of certain items past the warranty stage since you had them service your car.
Old 03-08-2003 | 08:58 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by louisn
The new leather was probably at least $400.00. Throw in the free rotor job and you came out ahead. You didn't get raped. Plus they will take of certain items past the warranty stage since you had them service your car.
I assume the leather replace was a warranty item, and the warped rotors were due to bad pads (TSB 01-017). Indeed if the leather was not considered a warranty item then it was money well spent. What does the itemized bill say about the leather?
Old 03-08-2003 | 09:51 AM
Pro

Originally posted by CO-CL-S
I assume the leather replace was a warranty item, and the warped rotors were due to bad pads (TSB 01-017). Indeed if the leather was not considered a warranty item then it was money well spent. What does the itemized bill say about the leather?
My point is that the rotors and leather would not have been done
BUT FOR the dealer doing it. I don't think that the the original poster even asked that these matters be fixed. The dealer saw the problem and fixed them without even asking!!!!!
Old 03-08-2003 | 10:47 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Woodfield Acura kicks ass. The whole service department is awesome!
Old 03-08-2003 | 11:00 AM
Suzuka Master

so you spent 400 dollars on warranty work?!?!

sidemarker
Old 03-08-2003 | 11:15 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

no, no no. hahahha

My point is that I pay a bit more but these guys always make sure everything is done. The leather thing i did tell them. But instead of changing one panel they chagned the whole seat back. The rotors were OK IMO. I didn't feel any warping. But he felt there was and he went ahead and did it for me. My car has 31K miles on it. I hear about guys getting hassled with 15K miles about the rotor issue. they said they will detail my car for me for no reason. That is nice. I get a free wash whenever I want. When I had the squeek in the back seat area of my car they kept my car until they were satisfied that the squeek was done. Most dealers tell you to there is nothing they can do. These guys take a little extra TLC. So, IMO it is worth it then.

Nicky's whole family has been going there for a long time. I guess they know his whole family. This the kind of repoire(?) they build with their customers. My brother-in-law has been going there forever and his warranty ran out 100K miles ago! He still goes to them.

It's kinda like PAA. I don't think they are cheap by any means, i dunno, i have never been there, but people still go there because they know the service is good and they will get treated well. Jens, goes out of his way to do little things for people. If you look at it it is not much but it makes you feel better. That is good customer service. He doesn't have to do it ... but that is what makes people come back to him time and time again. That is why he has such a good relatioship with this board.

---Synth, i havent been to Continental but I have heard good things about them. These guys are a lot closer and I am happy so far, but i have been thinking about checking them out. they do a lot of comptech stuff.
Old 03-08-2003 | 01:10 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

Originally posted by sidemarker
so you spent 400 dollars on warranty work?!?!

sidemarker

thats what it looks like but getting a decent customer service alone makes it seem worth it
Old 03-08-2003 | 01:26 PM
Instructor

You paid $390 to have your oil changed and an air filter installed?

30K Service Schedule:

Replace engine oil, filter and drain plug washer with Genuine Acura Parts.
Inspect and rotate tires.
Inspect wiper blades.
Check/adjust fluid levels.
Road test.
Replace air filter with Genuine Acura Parts.
Inspect belts, hoses, fuel lines and exhaust system.
Inspect front and rear brake assemblies.
Inspect steering system, suspension components, alignment and parking brake.
Old 03-08-2003 | 06:57 PM
Suzuka Master

maintance service is over rated!

I think the main thing is to make sure to change your oil and oil filter and rotate your tires during the proper intervals.

they do nothing more then a "visual inspection", and i think anyone can do that! if you think about it, if your car had any problems whatsoever the check engine light will go off.

my cl-s has close to 25k miles, and the only thing ive done is change the oil every 5k miles with synthetic. when i hit 30k miles im going to change my oil and wash my car and rotate my tires. total cost 40 bucks!

im not worried about my tranny either the manual says to change it every 75k miles and thats exactly what im going to do. if my tranny breaks ill get a new one thats why we all have warranties!

and dont let them bull crap you with the "preventive maintance" crap. if its broken and is covered under warranty then tell them to fix it or you will take your business elsewhere!!!!

sidemarker