3.. 2.. 1... Zaino ZFX!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 09:18 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
3.. 2.. 1... Zaino ZFX!!!

Its here!!!

ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive

Three years in the making, Zaino ZFX™ is finally here!

ZFX™, with Flash Cure™ (patent pending), is a revolutionary new polish enhancement additive that's exclusive to the Zaino Show Car Polish system. There's never been anything quite like ZFX™, and here's why:

All polish, sealant and wax protection systems must "cure" before they can effectively protect your paint. Once cured, all paint protection systems begin to deteriorate. The rate of deterioration depends on many factors, including the chemicals used, bonding qualities, weather, washing, and use of the car.

A very few specialty paint protection systems can be layered to increase protection and paint appearance. Layer-able systems must cure prior to application of subsequent coats. Depending on the product, cure time may take a few hours or a few days.

For lasting protection, most synthetic sealants are formulated to be hard. If not properly designed, synthetic sealants may crack, yellow or distort the optics of the paint surface.
ZFX™ is a Zaino Show Car Polish acceleration and appearance additive. It offers near-instant cure time, reduced surface distortion, enhanced polish flexibility, and improved bonding to both paint and additional layers of Show Car Polish. In simple terms, ZFX™ vastly improves paint surface appearance and increases polish durability.

ZFX™ is the product of more than 30 years experience painting show cars. Professional painters add chemicals and compounds to their paint mix prior to painting to improve paint flexibility, reduce paint imperfections, increase hardness, and improve gloss. We applied this same line of thinking in the development of ZFX™. The result is a stunning professional show car finish with less effort, no waiting and longer-lasting results.

ZFX™ can be used with any of our Show Car Polish products, including Z-2, Z-3 and Z-5. Plus, ZFX™ makes using Z-1 PreLok unnecessary on cars that have been clayed and thoroughly cleaned with Dawn dishwashing liquid.

When we say "acceleration," we mean it! Adding ZFX™ to any one of our Show Car Polishes prior to use is like kicking an F-14 Tomcat into afterburner. The competition just can't compete... we'll shoot them down every time. Perfect shine, less time -- guaranteed!
http://www.zainobros.com/files/info.htm#ZFX
Old 12-05-2001, 09:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAMIT!!!!! I placed an order last week & that wasn't available yet. I hate that. Now I have to print out another order form, send another check....... I wish they had an order system on the internet. I'm sure they make the money for one.
Old 12-05-2001, 09:26 AM
'Cooter

cool, so who's doin group orders??
Old 12-05-2001, 09:54 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my order will go in tomorrow!
Old 12-05-2001, 09:57 AM
The Creator

Some application info with highlights:

A BEAUTIFUL SHOW CAR FINISH IN A DAY!

Zaino Show Car Polish is designed to be layered. With each layer you apply, your car's paint looks better and feels smoother. Depth, gloss and clarity all increase with each coat.

Like all other polymer based polish and protection systems, Zaino Show Car Polish must cure before applying subsequent coats. The curing process allows the polymer chains to cross-link, building strength and durability. If the the polymer strands have not cross-linked (cured), applying a fresh coat of polish will not achieve the optimum layered result. Consequently, creating a show car finish can be a long process of applying a layer, waiting, and applying another layer.

The Wait is Over!
Zaino Bros' ZFX™ Show Car Polish accelerator solves the wait problem. We worked for several years to engineer a molecular reaction that causes the polymers in Zaino Show Car Polish to set rapidly. Using ZFX™ with your choice of Z-2, Z-3 or Z-5 Show Car Polish, it is now possible to apply two or three coats of polish in a single day to create beautiful show car special effects. The result is nothing less than stunning.

ZFX™ saves you time and effort. It's no longer necessary to keep your car in the garage for a whole weekend just so you can apply two or three coats of polish. Using ZFX™, you'll apply multiple coats in just a few hours.

Prior to using ZFX™ Enabled Show Car Polish
Before applying ZFX™ enabled Show Car Polish, wash, dry and inspect your car’s finish. It should be very smooth. If the paint has a rough, bumpy feel, you have surface contamination which must be removed using our Z-18 ClayBar.

Prior to using Zaino Show Car Polish for the first time, we recommend using Dawn dishwashing liquid to wash your car. Dawn will dissolve wax and other sealants, and easily removes grease, tar and bug remains. Be sure to rinse your car very well after using Dawn. After your first application of Zaino Show Car Polish, use Z-7 Show Car Wash for regular washing.

Mixing ZFX™ with Show Car Polish
Each ZFX™ kit comes with a 2ml vial of accelerator mix and several 2 ounce mixing bottles. A single ZFX™ kit provides enough mix to accommodate 16 ounces of Zaino Show Car Polish.

Pour one to two ounces of Show Car Polish into a 2 ounce mixing bottle. For each ounce of polish, add 4 to 5 drops of ZFX™ (no more than 10 drops for two full ounces), screw the cap back on, and shake vigorously for 60 to 90 seconds.

While you get your towels and applicators ready, allow the ZFX™ enabled Zaino Show Car Polish to sit for five minutes so the ZFX™ can begin activating the polish. Give the applicator bottle a final shake for 10 seconds before using.

Applying ZFX™ Enabled Show Car Polish
Follow these easy steps:

Apply Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX™ with a 100%, made in the USA, cotton applicator. Use the polish sparingly. A small amount goes a long way, and you will be applying multiple coats.
Squirt a dime size dab of polish on your applicator and rub it into your paint using circular hand motions. Then, go over the same area using a straight back and forth motion on top panels and an up and down motion on side panels. Allow the polish to haze over (20 minutes is sufficient).
Buff off the Show Car Polish residue with a high quality, 100%, made in the USA, cotton detailing towel.
After buffing, spray the car with a light mist of Z-6 Ultra Clean™ detailing spray. Z-6 will help buff away any remaining residue and enhances the brightness of the finish. Using Z-6, the next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish will apply even easier.
You're now ready to apply your next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX™. There's no need to wait. Simply follow steps 1-4 above one more time. Use a fresh cotton buffing towel to remove each coat of ZFX™ enabled Show Car Polish.

Note: Apply no more than three coats of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX™ in a 24 hour period. For optimum results, use your ZFX™ enabled polish within 6 hours of mixing. Use a fresh cotton buffing towel for removal of each coat.

Note: When you are finished polishing, wash the mixing bottle inside and out with a heavy concentration of liquid dishwashing detergent and thoroughly rinse. The ZFX™ mixing bottles cannot be reused if the polish remains in the bottle for more than 12 hours. After 12 hours, it is not possible to completely clean the mixing bottle. Throw the mixing bottle and any unused polish contents away after 12 hours.
hmm... I am soo curious to use this stuff.

My check is on its way... hope I get it soon before the cold sets in.
Old 12-05-2001, 10:21 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
WOO!!!!
Filling out the order form right now!

Sure wish Zaino had a freakin' online order form.....
Old 12-05-2001, 10:23 AM
Drifting

Thanks for the updates. Is there a place this can be placed, as I'm sure many will want to read up on it.
Old 12-05-2001, 11:01 AM
Retired Post Whore

Im going to pick mine up tomorrow at my near distributor! Only 20 minutes away!
Old 12-05-2001, 11:05 AM
The Creator

Originally posted by Infamuz
Im going to pick mine up tomorrow at my near distributor! Only 20 minutes away!
pick up some for me and i'll paypal you whatevr ya need!

i want that shit for the weekend. my car is dreary lookin
Old 12-05-2001, 11:19 AM
Retired Post Whore

Originally posted by soopa

pick up some for me and i'll paypal you whatevr ya need!

i want that shit for the weekend. my car is dreary lookin
Im going there tomorrow because I dont have my car today and Im sick. I will pick some up tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2001, 11:20 AM
Team Owner

We should definitely look into some kind of “central” or “group” buy on this stuff.
At least one for the many members we have in the NJ, NY & PA area.

6.95 shipping for a 19.95 product seems a bit high.

I will probably wait until SPRING anyway. It’s getting too cold to WAX right now.
We should look into this and maybe pass them out at the Park Ave spring MEET.

Shawn S
Old 12-05-2001, 12:04 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by Shawn S
We should definitely look into some kind of “central” or “group” buy on this stuff.
At least one for the many members we have in the NJ, NY & PA area.
6.95 shipping for a 19.95 product seems a bit high.
I will probably wait until SPRING anyway. It’s getting too cold to WAX right now.
We should look into this and maybe pass them out at the Park Ave spring MEET.
Shawn S

yeah shipping is a bit expensive.

Too cold? Naw, you can safely Zaino till about 50 degrees I've put two coats before and one after thanksgiving
Old 12-05-2001, 12:22 PM
Suzuka Master

BTW -- Sal said the distributors can order starting next week, with probable availablity (from them) in two weeks time.

If you want it right now, send the check to Sal.

He is working on getting a credit card system going... (Jan 2002 ???) Who knows...
Old 12-05-2001, 12:48 PM
The Creator

Originally posted by Zapata
Too cold? Naw, you can safely Zaino till about 50 degrees I've put two coats before and one after thanksgiving
where did you pull that number from?

quote from Zaino website:

I have applied Z-2 in the Arizona sun and it dried in approx. 3 to 5 minutes. I have also applied it in 38 degree temperature and it took about 2 to 3 hours to dry. Be patient. It's worth it.
I also spoke to Sal this morning... he says I will be able to use it even at the temps were supposed to be at right now.

But, I dunno bout you guys... I see no cold?!? Its almost 70 degrees here today...
Old 12-05-2001, 12:59 PM
Team Owner

But, I dunno bout you guys... I see no cold?!? Its almost 70 degrees here today...
Yea I know, its in the 50’s & 60’s here as well.
It just doesn’t seem right WAXING the car in December.

Shawn S
Old 12-05-2001, 01:11 PM
The Creator

hehehe yea i hear that.

i felt weird hand washing the car this morning... like i wasnt suposed to be or something. lol
Old 12-05-2001, 01:33 PM
'Cooter

Yea I know, its in the 50’s & 60’s here as well.

Shawn S
doesn't SEEM right??? don't care bout what SEEMS right or not, i KNOW it's right i already have plans to Zaino Friday...sooner or later, i want my baby to b so slippery, even snow slides off before melting!!
Old 12-05-2001, 01:48 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

where did you pull that number from?
quote from Zaino website:
I also spoke to Sal this morning... he says I will be able to use it even at the temps were supposed to be at right now.
Trial and error. Below 50 degrees it takes waaaay to long to dry. I'm talking more than 12 hours. I always use super-thin applications so it's not that I am using too much. Yep, 70 degrees too bad i can't get a coat of Zaino in
Old 12-05-2001, 01:51 PM
The Creator

Originally posted by Zapata
Trial and error. Below 50 degrees it takes waaaay to long to dry. I'm talking more than 12 hours. I always use super-thin applications so it's not that I am using too much. Yep, 70 degrees too bad i can't get a coat of Zaino in
riiight... well...

THATS WHAT ZFX IS FOR!

Pay attention!
Old 12-06-2001, 12:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Don't we have WEB DEVELOPERS???? some one call zanio and make them an e-commerce site for crying out loud!!! only reason I'm not ordering is cause I don't want to go through the hassle of all the shit.