View Poll Results: 2nd gen CL owners: Once your tranny was failing, how long did it take?
Less than a week
0%
1-2 weeks
0%
2-3 weeks
16.67%
3-4 weeks
50.00%
4 or more weeks - ugh
33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

2nd gen CL owners: Once your tranny was failing, how long did it take?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2001 | 08:33 PM
Banned

2nd gen CL owners: Once your tranny was failing, how long did it take?

Well, add me in as a tranny failure victim. My dealer ordered mine on Monday. Once you detected tranny problems, how long did it take? My car's still running, and I'm trying to determine whether I should take the POS rental (not even a loaner - ugh) or keep driving mine till it dies. Hopefully, I can feather it until they get my replacement in. Needless to say, I'll be sending a certified letter to my attourney general in FL regarding the lemon law - that should stirr Acura up.
Old 11-15-2001 | 09:17 PM
Banned

^^^bump^^^
Old 11-15-2001 | 09:32 PM
w.t.f., mate?

PWing in car talk now eh? shame on you

j/k

My tranny is going to die eventually....it's just a matter of time
Old 11-16-2001 | 04:10 AM
- daemonichris -

mine took 6 weeks!!!
Old 11-16-2001 | 06:51 AM
Drifting

Re: 2nd gen CL owners: Once your tranny was failing, how long did it take?

Originally posted by autoxCLS
Well, add me in as a tranny failure victim. My dealer ordered mine on Monday. Once you detected tranny problems, how long did it take? My car's still running, and I'm trying to determine whether I should take the POS rental (not even a loaner - ugh) or keep driving mine till it dies. Hopefully, I can feather it until they get my replacement in. Needless to say, I'll be sending a certified letter to my attourney general in FL regarding the lemon law - that should stirr Acura up.
I'd call Acura service about a loaner until your tranny is fixed!
Old 11-16-2001 | 07:45 AM
hater

Hopefully, I can feather it until they get my replacement in.
No offense, but this is a stupid fucking idea. I can tell you from first-hand experience that the tranny does not always go into second and remain drivable. Sure, mine got stuck in second, but it was also free revving in neutral, stranding me in a busy highway intersection!

I came this <--> close to getting by a car, that at the time I initially entered the intersection, was a mile away.

Don't say I didn't warn you...

Oh, and I celebrate my one month anniversary of waiting in the shop next friday...
Old 11-16-2001 | 09:51 AM
Banned

Re: Re: 2nd gen CL owners: Once your tranny was failing, how long did it take?

I did. And I quote, "loaner and replacement cars are not covered under warranty. It is at the discretion of the dealer to provide one, and thus their discretion to determine the type."

My dealer (Don Mealey Acura) is being mostly cool about it - they were kind enough to offer a rental with an upgrade, but it'll probably be a Ford POS or some other american car. :-/ I'm probably going to stop by today after work.

Originally posted by CO-CL-S

I'd call Acura service about a loaner until your tranny is fixed!
Old 11-16-2001 | 09:56 AM
Drifting

Re: Re: Re: 2nd gen CL owners: Once your tranny was failing, how long did it take?

I did. And I quote, "loaner and replacement cars are not covered under warranty. It is at the discretion of the dealer to provide one, and thus their discretion to determine the type."

My dealer (Don Mealey Acura) is being mostly cool about it - they were kind enough to offer a rental with an upgrade, but it'll probably be a Ford POS or some other american car. :-/ I'm probably going to stop by today after work.

I guess we'll have to call around to see who will give loaner for warranty work?
Old 11-16-2001 | 01:03 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2nd gen CL owners: Once your tranny was failing, how long did it take?

Well, here in Orlando, there are two dealers. Don Mealey is the best service-wise. Fountain Acura is one of those auto-mall types and they didn't even have loaners the last time I went there - only rental cars.

Originally posted by CO-CL-S

I guess we'll have to call around to see who will give loaner for warranty work?