2004 murano obliterated

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 01:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Since the FX was brought up, the FX45 runs upper 14s OR pretty much in line with a stock CL-S 5AT.

Back to the Murano, I can tell you from experience that it handles QUITE well. Sarlac is dead right in his post!!

Driving the Pathfinder (non-Armada/typical SUV) and Murano back to back (test drives), there's a night/day difference; and I was driving both on the same sharp curves. Where I had to nail the brakes in order to get through the curves safely, I just had to tap the brakes a little with the Murano on the same curves. And it had VERY LITTLE body roll. IMO, the only SUVs that can best it (in terms of all around performance) are detailed in my link above.

Dont be fooled into thinking it cant handle. It does!! If you sleep on it, it'll take you.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:52 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,956 Likes on 2,639 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
Since the FX was brought up, the FX45 runs upper 14s OR pretty much in line with a stock CL-S 5AT.

Back to the Murano, I can tell you from experience that it handles QUITE well. Sarlac is dead right in his post!!

Driving the Pathfinder (non-Armada/typical SUV) and Murano back to back (test drives), there's a night/day difference; and I was driving both on the same sharp curves. Where I had to nail the brakes in order to get through the curves safely, I just had to tap the brakes a little with the Murano on the same curves. And it had VERY LITTLE body roll. IMO, the only SUVs that can best it (in terms of all around performance) are detailed in my link above.

Dont be fooled into thinking it cant handle. It does!! If you sleep on it, it'll take you.
Its true. Nissan hit gold with the performance handling abilities of these two crossover/SUVs

hate them if you want......i was shocked and amazed after driving one for a month...Id look at one for a 2nd car if i ever needed to.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Mr. Lover-Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never thought that the original post would turn into this.... I am DEFINETLY not bashing ACURA or CL Type S for that matter....hell i had one for 3 years until i got the Murano.

I AM saying that the pre TYPE S CL (3.0) models will be owned by a Murano on the highway

I never mentioned anything about the FX35/45 at all..simply the Murano...actually, the 2 are TOTALLY DIFFERENT CARS..one is RWD based and the MO is FWD...different in every driving dynamic.

A MO could play keep up on the highway with a CL-S.....KEEP UP...im not stating it could "beat a CL-S"

The Murano is a fun car...my particular model SE AWD has the 6speed "manu-matic" shifter and for me to use that, on the highway and put it into 3rd or 4th gear.....i have no doubt in my mind that i can "play" with a Stock 5AT CL-S. Now...mind you, we are traveling at speeds of 40+..NOT FROM A STANDSTILL.
For all you who dont believe me...i suggest you try it yourself....When you have the foot to the floor, you are gonna wonder when this thing will stop pulling...something i NEVER felt in the CL-S 5AT

Everyone knows that Honda/Acura lacks in the Torque department, and OUR BELOVED CL-S is no exception.
As for handling... a turn in the Murano yeilded less body roll than a CL-S, no doubt. Its a shame the CL-S seats are not in the Murano!!..i miss those seats.
Old 10-16-2004, 04:02 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just for refrence

I drive a 99 3.0 cl and i didn't get owned my buddy drives the suv and we both got on it at teh same time and well.....he saw some cl tail lights but argue about it if u will or deny that your suv did get owned but hey i don't need to post lies it's not worth my time