2.2CL v.s. Porche Boxter

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.2CL v.s. Porche Boxter

I had just washed and waxed my 2.2 and decided to take a stroll down to Key West. I'm on a stretch of road between Florida City and Key Largo: the locals call it death alley because so many people get killed on that stretch of road in head on collisions they actually have a sign posted with interchangable numbers to keep up with the number of deaths per year.

Anyways, I'm cruisin' at about 70mph when a 2003 burgundy convertable Porsche Boxter came barreling at me from behind. He zipped by me like I was standing still--how dare he--so I dropped my automatic down into 3rd and waited for the RPMs to reach 7000 then slammed it back into 4th before the rev limiter kicked in.

He only got about 5 car lengths ahead of me before my car woke up and walked his ass down. The lanes went from four to two so we had a combination drag/chicken race. We took turns passing slower cars before oncoming cars caught up to us but when the stretch went back from two lanes to 4 lanes I had enough momentum and drift to slip past his ass and actually got about 2 car lengths ahead of him. My car was tapped out at about 138mph but the Porsche could not keep up. Eventually he backed off. First of all, I'm thinking to myself, "That dude's Boxter must be the 4 banger model." Either that or his driving skill just sucked wind.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Instructor

ur an idiot thers no such thing as a 4cylinder porsche(not porche) boxster(not boxster)

and thers no way your 2.2 liter cl can keep up with a 270 hp porsche

that guy was probably laughing at you

and ALSO ur car cannot do 138 mph dumbass

dont race porsches
Old 09-17-2005, 09:01 PM
97 2.2cL black

battle of the newbs!
Old 09-17-2005, 09:15 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Black2.3CL
ur an idiot thers no such thing as a 4cylinder porsche(not porche) boxster(not boxster)

dont race porsches
Who is this fucking sourpuss loser? Evidently you can't read you dumb piece of shyt. Look up at the damn post again, you young ass retard:

P-O-R-S-C-H-E

You evidently must be ADHD because, first of all, you can't comprehend from the post that WE WERE WEAVING IN TRAFFIC you fucking ass-clown.

Secondly, you ignorant fuque, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME ROAD IN MY CAR???

Thirdly, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU LOOKED UNDER MY HOOD???

You must obviously think fuguin' with people on this site will give you browny points with the veteran members--you're wrong.

You gotta be the most ignorant ass fuque this side of the hemisphere. You're actually DUMB enough to think I was serious about a fuquing PORSCHE BOXTER being a 4 banger?????

What a fuquing cyber homo you are dude. You need a dick in your mouth.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Instructor

I wonder what the fuck this is?
Old 09-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Instructor

...And what the fuck is this ?
Old 09-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Instructor

BOXTER

dont race porsches

270hp, you ass-clown? Are you sure that the BOXTER has 270 horses?
Old 09-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Instructor

dont race porsches
I wonder what kinds of engines a PORSCHE BOXTER comes with?
Old 09-17-2005, 09:51 PM
B A N N E D

I have to disagree. Ive taken boxer's ( non s ) in my 5spd but im modded as well and the boxer was tip not manual. None the less, an auto 2.2 is very week even with mods ( raced one to 60 and it wasnt good for auto ) as far as the car going 138, its possible for the auto, but with alot of room. Ive taken some members on this board to 140 + in my cl, so i know its possible. Again, it wasnt a 2003 either, it was a 02 and my power is not quite as much but 180 isnt bad and when my car does not weigh as much either.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ayougo
I have to disagree. Ive taken boxer's ( non s ) in my 5spd but im modded as well and the boxer was tip not manual. None the less, an auto 2.2 is very week even with mods ( raced one to 60 and it wasnt good for auto ) as far as the car going 138, its possible for the auto, but with alot of room. Ive taken some members on this board to 140 + in my cl, so i know its possible. Again, it wasnt a 2003 either, it was a 02 and my power is not quite as much but 180 isnt bad and when my car does not weigh as much either.
Finally, somebody with some damn sense. If anyone knows the strengths and weaknesses of an Acura 2.2CL it's me. Fuck racing somebody 0-60. I'm not even messing with anybody under 80mph. I'm strickly a highway racer, that way, I know I can pull you down at top speed.

Now, if I had raced a Porsche, 2.7 or 3.2 from a dead stop I wouldn't have a chance in hell. But seeing as we were already at speed, adding to the fact that there was the combined obstacles of passing slower cars as well as avoiding oncoming cars in the opposite lane and you pretty much have a race on your hands.

I'm thinking it was a combination of the dude not having any real racing skill combined with the fact that he was in the 2.7 version that put him in second place. that dude was pushing that car to the limit or to the best of his abilities. You got about 25 miles of flat highway with about 17 miles of it being totally straight? You'd have to be in a bucket on wheels not to be able to reach your car's top speed on that, which reminds me, Alligator alley, a stretch of highway from Naples, FL to Miramar: I've hit 140mph on the speedo like nothing plenty of times--about 115 miles of straight flat highway with very mild curves. That is a racing enthusiast's dream.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:37 AM
Turbo + Sound = Hey-pee

He who angers you controls you. <- USURPER's sig

Does that mean that Black2.3CL controls you...?

JK
Old 09-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kensukikatayo
He who angers you controls you. <- USURPER's sig

Does that mean that Black2.3CL controls you...?

JK
Come on dude, don't come half-cocked. If you want to speak ya mind just speak ya mind. Don't speak on something then withdraw with the, JK. Nobody's going to come after you. This isn't the only discussion board I'm a member of. It's been pretty much commonplace for me to have to clown butthole surfing, sexually repressed, flaming cyberfags like, ayougo, when I'm new to a discussion board.

He who angers you controls you? How can anyone get angry over a dumb motherfucker that was ignorant enough to waltz up in my thread screaming about, "It's BOXSTER not BOXSTER," speaking about a Boxter having 270 hp when his homosexual ass doesn't know there's a difference between a Boxter and a Boxter S--talking like a clueless valley girl about a subject he ain't got a damn clue about? BAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HAH HAA HA HA!!!!

That clown needed to be put outta his mysery:
Old 09-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
you guys need to read the rules for this forum.

No personal attacks allowed

No trolling allowed

Topics must be related to racing

I will be warning ppl and issuing strikes. 3 strikes and you're banned for a day. Repeated bans and you be banned permanently
Old 09-18-2005, 11:03 AM
A work in progress

So what are your mods? I'm not buying your story either, if he was actually racing with you, he would have killed you... c'mon, he probably had his cruise control on at like 90 mph.

And yes you did spell Porsche wrong in your thread title.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Pro

boxSter
Old 09-18-2005, 01:29 PM
B A N N E D

hehe i misspelled too I would love to call out another 1st gen cl'er 5spd or auto just for a fun race. Its hard finding people around here that want to though.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Turbo + Sound = Hey-pee

Originally Posted by USURPER
Come on dude, don't come half-cocked. If you want to speak ya mind just speak ya mind. Don't speak on something then withdraw with the, JK. Nobody's going to come after you. This isn't the only discussion board I'm a member of. It's been pretty much commonplace for me to have to clown butthole surfing, sexually repressed, flaming cyberfags like, ayougo, when I'm new to a discussion board.

He who angers you controls you? How can anyone get angry over a dumb motherfucker that was ignorant enough to waltz up in my thread screaming about, "It's BOXSTER not BOXSTER," speaking about a Boxter having 270 hp when his homosexual ass doesn't know there's a difference between a Boxter and a Boxter S--talking like a clueless valley girl about a subject he ain't got a damn clue about? BAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HAH HAA HA HA!!!!

That clown needed to be put outta his mysery:
It was just friendly banter, there's no need to come down on me and say I'm half-cocked for such a simple comment. Back to the topic, I'd say racing like that might get you killed someday so watch out, but nice kill nonetheless.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:00 PM
THE GRIM

[QUOTE=USURPER]. If anyone knows the strengths and weaknesses of an Acura 2.2CL racing somebody 0-60. I'm not even messing with anybody under 80mph. I'm strickly a highway racer, that way, I know I can pull you down at top speed.

this is true our car are hogs of the line and under70mph but on the hwy 80-125 are very quick becuase that vtec xover, so thats added power pushing a moving brick thats has momemtum so with good mods and exht its pos. to reach these speeds
Old 09-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Instructor

You guys kill me--you want to have the freedom to take pot shots, whether it was ill-intended or not, have the freedom to make comments that do not pertain to the subject at hand but the person that's new to the site has to watch what he's saying? Get the fuck outta here.

For those anal retentive people out there: apparently, you didn't click on the two links I provided in posts #5 and #6 where the name of the Porsche is spelled B-O-X-T-E-R but some of you were too busy calling yourselves hazing a "newbie" to notice.

Firstly, most of you are also so busy talking about racing from 0-60 that you failed to see that I have said, more than once, I don't race anyone under 80mph.

Secondly, if anyone on this discussion board has tested the strengths and weaknesses of their 2.2 they would know that if you drop an automatic down from 4th to 3rd anywhere around 80mph and the car turns into a totally different animal. What difference does it make If I'm not turning 300 to 400 hp at the dyno? If I wanted those kind of numbers I could have easily baught some American muscle, which is cheaper, and put an end to that but I chose my Acura instead.

I'm not into a long list of mods--I have what I need to make my car succeed--if you don't believe what I have to say then, what's the point of even responding? I don't recall reading in the rules anywhere where you had to have about $10,000 worth of modifications done to your car to participate in the "street encounters" forum. Oh, and as far as street racing goes, I've been street racing all over the east coast for over 15 years and never so much as caused one accident.

Last time I checked, drag racers on the west coast kill more people than any other type of street racing in the country. Now, I think I've pretty much covered all the bases about whatever condescending remarks that was made in this thread, and that's all I have to say. Now, can you people get over this childish, indirect cyber-hazing, move on and keep the conversation on dealings with ACURA automobiles?
Old 09-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Instructor

look usurper

i know porsches

my dad has a 1957 porsche speedster

and GUESS what else: a BOXSTER S
(you still dont know how to spell it!!!!! http://www21.porsche.com/usa/models/boxster/boxster/)
(here you go usurper straight from porsche.com)

also: do you even know why it's called the boxster?

I'll tell you why. The name comes from the engine and the body type. The engine is a 6 cylinder BOXER engine. And the body type is.....you guessed it a ROADSTER. so there you go BOX from Boxer and STER from roadster. do u understand usurper. actually your new name is Jesus. your jesus alright your fucking jesus. your 33 years old just like jesus and you perfom miracles by beating porsches with your cl. only jesus could do that...and yes i know your a highway racer which is possibly the lowest form of racing on this planet besides nascar. and another thing why the fuck are you racing with an automatic and shifting with it as well.

well anyways why dont u bring your floridian ass down to southern california with your stock suspension and race me in the canyons eg; stunt road, turnbull canyon. maybe you can use your divine power to prevent you from sliding off the mountain or would it be too difficult to actually use your steering wheel and brakes.

lastly; considering that you've made 8 posts in response to my single comment
it seems that

I DO CONTROL YOU
Old 09-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Instructor

look usurper

i know porsches

my dad has a 1957 porsche speedster

and GUESS what else: a BOXSTER S
(you still dont know how to spell it!!!!! http://www21.porsche.com/usa/models/boxster/boxster/)
(here you go usurper straight from porsche.com)

also: do you even know why it's called the boxster?

I'll tell you why. The name comes from the engine and the body type. The engine is a 6 cylinder BOXER engine. And the body type is.....you guessed it a ROADSTER. so there you go BOX from Boxer and STER from roadster. do u understand usurper. actually your new name is Jesus. your jesus alright your fucking jesus. your 33 years old just like jesus and you perfom miracles by beating porsches with your cl. only jesus could do that...and yes i know your a highway racer which is possibly the lowest form of racing on this planet besides nascar. and another thing why the fuck are you racing with an automatic and shifting with it as well.

well anyways why dont u bring your floridian ass down to southern california with your stock suspension and race me in the canyons eg; stunt road, turnbull canyon. maybe you can use your divine power to prevent you from sliding off the mountain or would it be too difficult to actually use your steering wheel and brakes.

lastly; considering that you've made 8 posts in response to my single comment
it seems that

I DO CONTROL YOU

You're a day late and a dollar short. Why are you trying to talk so hard? You kill me youngin. I don't recall following you into any of your threads. Who was the one that came in my thread whinning like a little girl wearing a wet diaper, now you're back in my thread again whinning saying, "My daddy owns a Porsche Sportster," What a candy ass baby.

You came in my thread, kid and embarrassed yourself, therefore, I CONTROL YOU. You talk too much shit like the spoiled brat you are and you're challenging me to come all the way to california to waste time with you? That sounds gay to me, Jr.

I've already provided the necessary info in my 5th and 6th post about the BOXTER yet you ignored it. Also, if you had taken the time to actually read my first post I said the car was a 2003 PORSCHE BOXTER: Do you know how much HP a 2003 Boxter, not the BOXTER S, bolsters? 225hp, not 270hp. But, oh, I guess you were sitting in the passenger seat with the guy when we were racing right?

Yes, mr. moderator, I'm talking about racing to this 25 year-old kid. As I said for the 40 gazillionth time, we were passing slower cars as well as dodging oncoming cars. Let me spell it out for you since you obviously couldn't comprehend the situation from the first post: WE WERE WEAVING IN TRAFFIC. CAR "A," THE PORSCHE BOXTER, THE RED ONE WITH THE CONVERTABLE TOP, COULD NOT KEEP UP WITH CAR "B," THE ACURA 2.2CL, BECAUSE THERE WERE THESE BIG THINGS ON WHEELS CALLED CARS OTHERWISE CONSIDERED TRAFFIC IN BETWEEN US.

I know the difference between the sound and the take off of a 2.7 and a 3.2 because I've worked on cars as a teenager; American and foreign--Japanese and German as well. MORE RACING TALK: There is no way a 2.7 can overcome several cars to catch up to me as well as keep up with when I switch around cars at the same time. As long as I stayed in 3rd and had the perfect timing to avoid oncoming cars and keep passed cars in between myself and the Porsche, there is no way he could have caught up.

That dude didn't have a chance because he was arrogant enough to think I wouldn't be able to catch up to him on a four lane straightaway. He was dumb enough to pull over in between two slower cars instead of pushing forward like I did. I kept my ride in the 6000 to 7000RPM range, otherwise, if I had upshifted I would have lost RPMS and he would have blown by me. It would take some serious torque to blow past four cars fast enough for me not to have the reaction time to jump out first and stay ahead of him.

The only cars that I've raced in situations like that and beat me are Corvettes, Camaros, Supras, turbo RX-7's turbo 300Zs--cars of that caliber that obviously had the torque or horsepower to pull away effortlessly.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Cruisin'

Hmm. The kid has a point...arguably several.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Cruisin'

A: This kid is obviously pissing you off and winning.
B: It's Boxster, like the kid said. (www.porsche.com tends to prove these things)
C: Bragging about weaving dangerously in and out of traffic at high speeds on a road that advertises the fatalities that occur on it is probably not winning you any allies on this board.
D: Overuse of the expletives and character slander is a little tired and silly. You should be banned...buh bye.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:05 PM
nothing

this guy gives 30 yr olds a bad name. You are an idiot, sir. your car is slow. 0-60, 80-130, 4th gear, 3rd gear, all gears...slow
Old 09-18-2005, 07:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
usurper, you need to grow up. i've allowed you to ramble on long enough. keep up the trash talking and you'll be banned.