*Pics* Mr. Clean Auto Dry and License Plate Mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
*Pics* Mr. Clean Auto Dry and License Plate Mod

Finally got my Mr. Clean Auto Dry starter kit in the mail today and since it was beautiful outside today I decided to wash the car ... The Mr. Clean Auto Dry definitely works, although I think my car was so dirty and I didn't use the filtered water enough so I still had some water spots leftover. I just dried them off after I saw most of the water had already evaporated and they pretty much went away. I did use a lot of soap like others have said... I think the trick is to just do a quick soap spray onto the car, and do more soap onto your sponge or mit since the sponge/mit will hold the soap while spraying the car with the soap just lets it run off. Overall I think its definitely a lot better and easier than drying the car yourself!

The license plate mod is something I worked on after I saw (I think), Mr. Hyde on A-TL with his upside-down license plate holder. I sat down with my dad when I was at home 2 weekends ago and since I didn't want to drill into the car to get it to hold, we decided to use stainless steel brackets to hold the license plate holder on. Two bolts through the steel bracket into the mount points on the car and then bend the metal so it angles down, slip it in front of the license plate holder and then use the two bolts for the license plate through the bracket as well ... Had to still zip tie the bottom to prevent the license plate from sticking out, but the license plate is secure onto the car really well. Yeah I'd rather have no front plate ... but at least this way the cops won't bother me.

Looks pretty good imho ... I love how the car looks now without the license plate blocking the "point" of the nose.

I have some more closeup pics of the results from the Mr. Clean Auto Dry and some nice reflection pics as well

Click here to see more pics
Old 04-07-2004, 09:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MR.CLEAN
Old 04-07-2004, 09:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
nice. link to the original thread that discussed this product? (too lazy to search).
Old 04-07-2004, 09:58 PM
Team Owner

Didn’t somebody else here try this out and say it left a “soapy film” on the car ???
Old 04-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I like that license plate mod.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Didn't seem to leave any film on my car. After it dried it looked normal ...

Whoever did it might have forgotten a step though. You're supposed to rinse the car off, soap it up, rinse the car off again and THEN rinse the car with the filtered water. If you don't rinse off the soap that is what might leave you with a soapy film. Also if you let the soap dry onto the car instead of rinsing it off right away ... (if its sunny and the soap "baked" onto your car)

The Mr. Clean soap does have something weird in it that "chases" water away, and leaves a thin layer of water on your car. When you're rinsing off the soap, you'll see lots of little white bubbles running off of the car... So it almost looks like its stripped the wax off of your car, but in the directions it said this was normal and if it rained after you applied Mr. Clean, the wax would still work and you'd see the normal bubbling effect.

Not sure on the original thread for this ... I know there was one on A-TL.com but I didn't read one on here I don't think.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:51 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice, i like those headlights
Old 04-08-2004, 06:02 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by LiQiCE
The Mr. Clean soap does have something weird in it that "chases" water away
The 220MPH air that comes out of my LEAF BLOWER has the same effect.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:16 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,421 Posts
<---------Old school shami guy.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:49 AM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Shawn S
Didn’t somebody else here try this out and say it left a “soapy film” on the car ???
It does for me even though I also wiped the car dry because I couldnt wait. The film shows up the most on windows. My windshield was smearing up real bad. After I cleaned the windshield and the wiper, it returned to normal.

I would not use it again.

EDIT: and yeah .. I did all the steps as instructed.