* AlphaWerk Header Thread* - Use this thread only..

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 11:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by CLean B
Excelerate, do you have any idea why nexus is asking so much for them? I have alpha werks and i think the quality is very similar to obx and those are only $300.. not to knock them, i mean i have had them and have had no problems (knock on wood)
Nexus Industries is the sole importer of Alpha Werks products, and they are trying to raise the bar on the brand name. If those headers sell for that cheap, $300, which was the introductory price, then the headers will appear to be of less quality. They have to raise prices to maintain the integrity of the brand name.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this all means that....Comptech has been making a fortune on their headers.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:55 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by joseph_99tl

Its not all about making a fortune, its about have a good product and quality.

Example who are the companys that make the best headers?

Not obx, not stone, not megan, not apc, not power tech, not pace setter, and so on.

You have to look at the companys that are going out of there way to make a name brand like alphawerks. I am not saying alphaweks just because i bought there headers, I had the money to buy comptech, but i was like you know somthing let me try this new company. I didnt hear anything bad about alphawerks, so thats why I bought them. And another reason why I bought there headers because they post dynos on there web site. Tell me who does that?

Yes Dc Sports, Comptech, Greddy, Hks they have been around for years. And I know there product have not been 100% perfect. We all know nothing is perfect. Its the same thing with alphawerks, if there is a problem they should take care of it right away. I think a new company should come up and be just as good as them, or better.

About pricing I think if they sell it for $750 its still cheaper than comptech. Why doesnt Dc sports make cls headers? HKS? Greddy? So what does that mean alphaweks is the next best thing next to comptech.

Old 10-20-2004, 01:08 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
You honestly must believe everything you read if you believe that just because they put dynos on their site their product is for real. We all know that dynos arent an exact science by any means. You can get different dyno results from back to back runs on the same dyno. Much less thinking the website dyno has anything to do with what you will get.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by furious

Not obx, not stone, not megan, not apc, not power tech, not pace setter, and so on.

You have to look at the companys that are going out of there way to make a name brand like alphawerks. I am not saying alphaweks just because i bought there headers, I had the money to buy comptech, but i was like you know somthing let me try this new company. I didnt hear anything bad about alphawerks, so thats why I bought them. And another reason why I bought there headers because they post dynos on there web site. Tell me who does that?

Yes Dc Sports, Comptech, Greddy, Hks they have been around for years. And I know there product have not been 100% perfect. We all know nothing is perfect. Its the same thing with alphawerks, if there is a problem they should take care of it right away. I think a new company should come up and be just as good as them, or better.

About pricing I think if they sell it for $750 its still cheaper than comptech. Why doesnt Dc sports make cls headers? HKS? Greddy? So what does that mean alphaweks is the next best thing next to comptech.

don't get me wrong.
if they make a quality header, for a given type of car..
they should be able to charge, what people will pay.
it would be interesting to see them raise their prices, then get no interest in the product because of the price.

then would they lower the price?.
i still think 750 is high.

and it sounds like they are trying to hit that middle ground between 1200 comptechs and 300-400 obx,stone and other..

Old 10-23-2004, 05:51 PM
Intermediate

don't get me wrong.
if they make a quality header, for a given type of car..
they should be able to charge, what people will pay.
it would be interesting to see them raise their prices, then get no interest in the product because of the price.

then would they lower the price?.
i still think 750 is high.

and it sounds like they are trying to hit that middle ground between 1200 comptechs and 300-400 obx,stone and other..

Lets just see, how the headers come out to be.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:05 AM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by furious

for some reason..... i have this feeling...... that u are somehow affiliated w/ the alphawerks/nexus , could this be true?
Old 10-24-2004, 09:27 AM
Instructor

I would pay 750 if those had CARB certification
Old 10-27-2004, 07:56 PM
Pro

any word yet on the group buy situation?
Old 10-27-2004, 08:10 PM
I NEED MONEY!

Originally Posted by PDX3.2TL
any word yet on the group buy situation?
I'm interested...I'll have the money fully in about a month or so...
Old 11-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Cruisin'

Any further word on the group buy?
Old 11-02-2004, 01:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

All these other companies had to do very little R & D to make a set of CL headers. All they had to do was buy a set of comptechs, copy them and sell them. Comptech did the intiail R & D for the headers on our car, and they are also the only C.A.R.B. certified ones to my knowlege. They also have very few if any problems. Thats what you pay for.

Not knocking these other companies, but thats why comptechs cost as much as they do.

And if its 450 for a set shipped, I'd be interested as well when a group buy comes along.