* AlphaWerk Header Thread* - Use this thread only..

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 09:29 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
* AlphaWerk Header Thread* - Use this thread only..

I recently recieved a New Header for my 2001 CLS auto Trans. The header is produced by a Company Called Nexus Industries. The header line is called Alpha Werks. Attached are some PICs of the Header. Please note that thus far I discovered that the ports were a little smaller that the stock Acura Factory Head Gasket. I have not installed them yet and plan to do so and provide results as soon as I do. Hopefully will get to Dyno after install but because of time and money restraints will not get to Dyno before install.
I purchased a grinding/porting tool from Pep Boys for only $14.99 with stones. Used this to enlarge the ports to the Gasket size and also smoothed the ports and match at the opennings and the collector for improved flow and H/P gain. Please be advised that I am not selling nor am representing them, just trying something new and diffrent for myself and sharing with other members. Hope to install tomorrow and possibly Dyno Fri or Sat. My car has Infen intake & Neuspeed Full CAT Back Exhaust system. Thanks to Scalbert for photo link. http://www.flwse.com/images/steve/Misc/Jamie/
Old 02-25-2004, 09:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Old 02-25-2004, 09:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EDIT: Scalbert fixed it..
Old 02-25-2004, 10:09 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They look a bit rough in that 3rd pic down. However they look no worse then OBX. If the price is right i'm sure they'll sell.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:13 AM
Racer

Much Thanks Steve
Old 02-25-2004, 10:15 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Chaptorial
They look a bit rough in that 3rd pic down. However they look no worse then OBX. If the price is right i'm sure they'll sell.
Camara phone close up quality.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:20 PM
Burning Brakes

it's nice to know you can buy a used CL-S or TL-S for dirt cheap and get a quick 30whp for about $300-400 w/ these non-CT aftermarket joints.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:56 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
any results on the dyno?
Old 05-11-2004, 04:55 PM
East Coast Boost.!

I don't understand how come there are only auto headers being made. Since the 6speed header fits both the auto and manual why wouldn't they just produce that? I already have headers, this is just something that's on my mind.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:49 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
that'd make more sense i guess.... some companies juss don't put enuf $$ into their R&D Dept i guess?
Old 05-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Adventurist.

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts
Ahh, once again the manual transmission drivers get the shaft...
Old 05-11-2004, 10:12 PM
THE SILVER BULLET

tell us the results man, its these stone,obx, if i ever get headers.

CT if i ever win the lottery, but on the other hand if i won the lottery i would get a e46 m3 and a e36 m3 track car
Old 08-01-2004, 10:59 AM
drop em like its hot

anyone ever run a dyno with these? want to get headers, obx i hear have problems with their welds, and it seems that stone and these alphawerks are the other alternatives... can't find a place to buy the stones, and CTs are just too expensive.

can anyone vouch for these alphawerks?

http://www.nexusindustry.com/alpha_i...L_Stype_01.htm
Old 08-01-2004, 10:59 AM
drop em like its hot

does anyone also know where i can get the stone headers? any vendors selling them?
Old 08-01-2004, 11:46 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Next week or so, I will be getting new headers for testing
Old 08-01-2004, 11:47 AM
drop em like its hot

nice, keep us posted nashua.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
Nashua.

this is good news.

i've been waiting for these Stone headers.

please keep us posted.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:31 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk

When, where, and how much.

I got the money!
Old 08-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Pro

Actually they look very nice in person and welds are good. Friend just purchased them and they look better then OBX he'll be replacing with and no dyno as yet.

By the way, on the third pic from top (close up) I see a crack inside where pipe connects to a flange. Is it a OK assuming that welds are fine outside?
Old 08-06-2004, 06:56 PM
THE SILVER BULLET

^ hmm i want to see some results, i hope they're finally some headers that are of better caliber then the obx headers
Old 08-06-2004, 07:18 PM
drop em like its hot

yea i am hoping that either the stone or the alphawerks will be quality products... im planning on getting headers real soon, it looks as if im going to try out the alphawerks, unless stone becomes available soon.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:18 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by av6ent
Actually they look very nice in person and welds are good. Friend just purchased them and they look better then OBX he'll be replacing with and no dyno as yet.

By the way, on the third pic from top (close up) I see a crack inside where pipe connects to a flange. Is it a OK assuming that welds are fine outside?
I have and installed the Headers. There is no crack. The pics were with a cell phone camara. That is a ridge that shows because I ported the headers and grinded. So many people were asking for pics, that I posted this before I finished porting them. I would have ported them for flow even if they were Comptech headers. The A/W Headers have been on my car for months and I have have no problems with them at all.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:27 AM
drop em like its hot

jgscott, have you done a dyno? i would like to know what the gains were with these headers
Old 08-09-2004, 10:10 AM
Pro

And I assume jgscott they fit fine, right?
Old 08-09-2004, 10:26 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by rezurex
jgscott, have you done a dyno? i would like to know what the gains were with these headers
Sorry never did Dyno. Reason being I have had experience with 100 + Dyno on other cars bikes. I had a Injen intake. Neuspeed Exhaust and few other mods. Those Headers look just like C/T's. With other mods you get into what works best with what. Not a true test of solely what the header has increased.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:27 AM
Racer

And I assume jgscott they fit fine, right?
Correct !
Old 08-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Pro

Cool!

My friend took some pics comparing his current OBX and new AW by placing next to each other and he said the OBX front header positioned lower then AW, therefore installation of OBX was a b!tch. He will be posting pics on V6P.net tomorrow and I link it here.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Racer

Cool!

My friend took some pics comparing his current OBX and new AW by placing next to each other and he said the OBX front header positioned lower then AW, therefore installation of OBX was a b!tch. He will be posting pics on V6P.net tomorrow and I link it here.
Hey, let me metion one interesting thing about that. When I installed my A/W Headers the front header has a nameplate on the middle pipe. That is suppose to be the front pipe that you can see the name when the hood is open. Well we installed them and the back y pipe was no where near close and would not match up ( see my above article). Well A/W screwed up and put the name plate on the wrong pipe. Thus I had the back pipe on the front and vise versa. When you said this I wondering if the A/W header comparison he did was actually comparing the front OBX with the back A/W ask your friend to check on this.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by jgscott
Hey, let me metion one interesting thing about that. When I installed my A/W Headers the front header has a nameplate on the middle pipe. That is suppose to be the front pipe that you can see the name when the hood is open. Well we installed them and the back y pipe was no where near close and would not match up ( see my above article). Well A/W screwed up and put the name plate on the wrong pipe. Thus I had the back pipe on the front and vise versa. When you said this I wondering if the A/W header comparison he did was actually comparing the front OBX with the back A/W ask your friend to check on this.
I did ask him about it and true - both OBX and AW put the name plates on the back header.
Its ridiculous but thats what it is

So, when he did the comparison photo shoot he placed both name plate headers in correct location - rear pipe after double checking their height. Now, after placing both remaining front headers on the front pipes, he determined the AW sits higher then OBX due to the front pipe being a little higher. And his garage floor is perfectly even plus both down pipes were sitting next to each other. So, since you and another guy on V6P.net saying the installation went smooth we can draw a conclusion that AW fitment is and should be the same as Comptech.

And the reason he will be replacing OBX is the front middle-pipe cracked (right on the weld where the pipe connects to a flange)
Old 08-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Racer

I did ask him about it and true - both OBX and AW put the name plates on the back header.
Its ridiculous but thats what it is

So, when he did the comparison photo shoot he placed both name plate headers in correct location - rear pipe after double checking their height. Now, after placing both remaining front headers on the front pipes, he determined the AW sits higher then OBX due to the front pipe being a little higher. And his garage floor is perfectly even plus both down pipes were sitting next to each other. So, since you and another guy on V6P.net saying the installation went smooth we can draw a conclusion that AW fitment is and should be the same as Comptech.

And the reason he will be replacing OBX is the front middle-pipe cracked (right on the weld where the pipe connects to a flange)
The name plate on the back does not make sense. Did he already know that that was the back Header ? I did not and had to reinstall. Higher is probely better should be a straigther flow. I would have just went to a shop and had the OBX welded. It would have been much cheaper. Thanks for the info. Never have talked to anyone else that had that Header.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Pro

Did he already know that that was the back Header ? I did not and had to reinstall. Higher is probely better should be a straigther flow. Thanks for the info. Never have talked to anyone else that had that Header.
Yes he did since he had OBX installed before and the name plate was on the back. When he received the AW headers, he put both rear headers side by side and they were equal in height and AW had also name plate on the back.

I would have just went to a shop and had the OBX welded.
It would have been much cheaper.
Money is not an issue for him plus he is building a s/c J30A1(AV6) custom block with custom 9.0:1 CR JE pistons, rods along with CLS heads and manifold and wanted to start with new headers. This lead him to try out AW for now. If he'll have any issues in the future he'll be getting the Comptech headers. And he wish somebody would deliver equal-length headers designed by Prototype Racing.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:53 PM
drop em like its hot

SUP GUYS... got my headers in the mail today from fed-ex. thanks to amoomaniak for setting up the sale of these bad boys

it came with 3 o rings, 6 nuts and bolts, downpipe and the 2 header top pieces (dunno what they're called) and 2 gaskets. i will post some pics if people want to see how they look.

i guess they test their headers out before shipping them, cuz on the inside of some of the pieces they're a bit dirty. they have this metallic-oily dust on the interior of some of them. not sure what it is, but i think im gonna wipe those out before getting them installed on friday.

i was told to use the stock gaskets as they are better than the gaskets AW gave us.

can't wait to get these installed!!

-rez
Old 09-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

not a bad price..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true
Old 09-01-2004, 01:04 PM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
sweet......cant wait to hear the results
Old 09-01-2004, 01:05 PM
Doin' da crack shuffle

SUP GUYS... got my headers in the mail today from fed-ex. thanks to amoomaniak for setting up the sale of these bad boys

it came with 3 o rings, 6 nuts and bolts, downpipe and the 2 header top pieces (dunno what they're called) and 2 gaskets. i will post some pics if people want to see how they look.

i guess they test their headers out before shipping them, cuz on the inside of some of the pieces they're a bit dirty. they have this metallic-oily dust on the interior of some of them. not sure what it is, but i think im gonna wipe those out before getting them installed on friday.

i was told to use the stock gaskets as they are better than the gaskets AW gave us.

can't wait to get these installed!!

-rez

Congrats.

Mine are supposed to come today but haven't showed yet.

I wish the Fed Ex driver would hurry up.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:06 PM
drop em like its hot

red-cl check if you got the same metallic oily dirt inside some of your parts when u get it.. not sure what it is but im sure its nothing.

6 bolts and 3 o rings is all we need for the install? it would seem like we would need more parts

-rez
Old 09-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Racer

red-cl check if you got the same metallic oily dirt inside some of your parts when u get it.. not sure what it is but im sure its nothing.

6 bolts and 3 o rings is all we need for the install? it would seem like we would need more parts

-rez

Mine came the same way and I also got 3 rings and 6 bolts. I'm pretty sure that's all we need.

That guy is selling them for $240 shipped now, that bastard
Old 09-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Doin' da crack shuffle

-rez

I would imagine that you could use some of the stock parts/bolts.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

-rez
to install any headers on the CL/TL you need the following

the nuts that came off the stock manifolds(reuse them)

the stock manifold gaskets(reuse them)

the 3 bolts to connect to the cat(reuse them)

the new headers should have come with 3 round gaskets, 6 bolts, 6 nuts and 12 washers
Old 09-01-2004, 01:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by joseph_99tl

These do fit our CL-S, right?

Quick Reply: * AlphaWerk Header Thread* - Use this thread only..