** New Type Of Header**

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
** New Type Of Header**

Wanted to let 01-03 ClS Auto owners know I just recieved a new type of Header shipped to my door today. For Now lets Just call them AWP Headers. ( Think 6sp is going to be avail also).

The owner of the Company that owns them said he had a friend who had the Comptech header looked them over and said that they looked to be and even stronger better quality Header than his Comptech's. Now I can not give an opinion on this because I have neither seen the CT or OBX header. Only Pics of them.

I can tell you that the AWP headers does seem strong and well finished. They are stainless. The welds are good and the collectors were smoothe ground as well as the ports. They seem to be a thick walled and do have the mesh brading at the end of the down pipe.
One thing that I did not like was that the enclosed gaskets were overlapping the ports on the Header ports and that would restrict flow. I am going to use a set of New factory Acura Gaskets instead of them and will report back if they have the same problem. If so I will have the gaskets ports enlarged.

I plan to try and install them myself. Anyone in the Atl GA that knows how to do this please let me know.
If I have the time and money I will try to Dyno my car before the install. May or may not be able to, but will after I install headers. Below is a list of engine Mods to my car. The price right now seems to be around the mid $ 400 range, but I was sent the Header to test and report back. Maybe the price may lower for members who want to buy.

I will post some pics of the header shortly, wont be the greatest with my pic phone. Will someone host the pics for all to see ?

My car has Injen Intake, , Neuspeed Cat Back system. Soon AWP Headers.

Lets see if these end up like the OBX/1st Stone need Modification job to install. I hope not. Great if they just bolt on like AWP says !
Old 02-12-2004, 05:36 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if u make a 6spd version they will sell like hot cakes
Old 02-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 02-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Busy Living

I don't know about anyone in the ATL area that's good with cars... can anyone think of someone in Atlanta that may know a thing or two about cars? I'm drawing a blank.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Suzuka Master

don't forget...dyno charts.

are they copied from comptech's design ala OBX?
Old 02-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Racer

Originally posted by GTKrockeTT
don't forget...dyno charts.

are they copied from comptech's design ala OBX?
Honestly do not know. He said they were not. But I don't have others to compare. But remember OBX does not bolt on without mods and grinding.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Chaptorial
Chap, OK just got them 2 hours ago. said I would take tonite or tomorrow. Just had to put that thing up HUH ! There comming.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
better than comptech...

where are they made?
Old 02-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey i put that on there before i PM'd ya.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Racer

Originally posted by mattg
better than comptech...

where are they made?
Owner said friend had CT said he thought "looked better".
As I said I have not seen CT or OBX. I do not know where made, think overseas. Will ask tomorrow if I speak to him. Please remember I am just sharing info with all. I can only speak for the set that I have in hand right now (test set). Installation and Dyno will tell the story soon.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
i bet they are the same as the redesigned stone headers nashua is peddling. he just got a new prototype as well.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:04 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

sounds interesting... any chance for pics soon? if you need someone to host please e-mail them to me at civic4982@hotmail.com
Old 02-12-2004, 08:07 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,421 Posts
Originally posted by mattg
i bet they are the same as the redesigned stone headers nashua is peddling. he just got a new prototype as well.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:53 AM
Retired. Not available.

Originally posted by jgscott
.... But remember OBX does not bolt on without mods and grinding.
Incorrect, sir. My OBX went in as smooth as possible. Cannot say the same about the other 3 sets that I installed though.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Why don't you just bring it by my house and I'll put them on for you. I have tinkered with this car a few times and might be able to handle it.

Plus, I'll snap a few pictures and post them for ya.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Pro

Originally posted by SilverKnight
Incorrect, sir. My OBX went in as smooth as possible. Cannot say the same about the other 3 sets that I installed though.
Mine also went on very smoothly.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Honestly do not know. He said they were not. But I don't have others to compare. But remember OBX does not bolt on without mods and grinding.
What the heck are you talking about ?

Did you read about a handful of people and assumed that the headers need major modification to get them to fit for everyone? Most people had no problems on the install.

Mine included... went on no problems.....
Old 02-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Racer

my obx's went on fine, i had to work it alittle but nothing big at all.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:57 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

We ( Stone Racing ) are producing a 6-speed version!

Now I need to get my hands on 6-speed version.

Nashua.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:43 AM
Racer

Originally posted by juniorbean
What the heck are you talking about ?

Did you read about a handful of people and assumed that the headers need major modification to get them to fit for everyone? Most people had no problems on the install.

Mine included... went on no problems.....
JB chill. Said most post I saw said OBX needed mod and grinding, did not say " major mods". See Silvernight post above. Silver could you let Mr JB know your experience ?

JB stop the crap. Don't messup the thread. It's about a New Header. I don't want to post fight about headers. I have no problems with OBX. I was going to buy them from guy who had them 4 sale here, but he never set up pay pal account. And it aint no handfull. Search here and TL web. Fact is there have been many problems. Let drop this. These maybe the same, will not know until I try to install. I am not going to comment to you about this anymore.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:45 AM
Racer

Originally posted by scalbert
Why don't you just bring it by my house and I'll put them on for you. I have tinkered with this car a few times and might be able to handle it.

Plus, I'll snap a few pictures and post them for ya.
That would be great. PM me with a phone # or I'll give you mine. How soon can you do ? Sure everyone here wants to know what results are. THANKS !
Old 02-13-2004, 11:10 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

JB chill. Said most post I saw said OBX needed mod and grinding, did not say " major mods". See Silvernight post above. Silver could you let Mr JB know your experience ?

JB stop the crap. Don't messup the thread. It's about a New Header. I don't want to post fight about headers. I have no problems with OBX. I was going to buy them from guy who had them 4 sale here, but he never set up pay pal account. And it aint no handfull. Search here and TL web. Fact is there have been many problems. Let drop this. These maybe the same, will not know until I try to install. I am not going to comment to you about this anymore.
mod got owned!

and yet still...

Old 02-13-2004, 11:12 AM
It's not over yet

hurry up already
Old 02-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Racer

Don't mean to post lot of messages but here is something I thought about :

Last night a looked at the C/T web and picture of their Header. Also found a pic of the OBX header on Ebay. Now assuming the 2 were actual pics of the real Header.

The headers look exactly alike. I could only see 1 diffrence and that just might have been the pic angle. The top bolt mount on the C/T seemed to be not as high as the OBX. Now I also looked at my actual header and I see no diffrence. Welds look the same everything. This would be true beause they all have to fit the car. I think the diffrence will be in flow quality, pipe diameter, fit, and long term durability.

Nashus, you had Stones and OBX to compare. What did you
think ?
Old 02-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Racer

Originally posted by civic4982
mod got owned!

and yet still...

mod got owned ?????? huh ?
Old 02-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts

You better watch yourself there newbie... or you'll find yourself looking to post this stuff on another board since your account will be disabeled.

When you say a header needs mods and grinding to fit... that is considered "major mods" for a part that is a bolt-on part. I know of the experiences the members have had, I've dealt with many of them...helped many members with installs via PM, IM and phone... so know your roll and shut your mouth. You have no idea.

In addition, you posted your OBX comment like it was an absolute, which it's not even close to, so your post is inaccurate. You come on here promoting a header that's "better then Comptech" which is the industry standard for Acura's and recognized by Acura dealers as an accepted modification, without any backup. I never bashed your headers, never said anything bad about them. Provide the backup, as Civic said.. show some pics. Let us see them. The OBX headers looked as good as the Comptech's until memebrs got their hands on them. Go about it the right way, learn how to reply to people's posts or your ass is gone.

Now, if you got anything else to say, shoot me a PM so your thread doesn't get cluttered with crap.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Racer

Originally posted by juniorbean
You better watch yourself there newbie... or you'll find yourself looking to post this stuff on another board since your account will be disabeled.

When you say a header needs mods and grinding to fit... that is considered "major mods" for a part that is a bolt-on part. I know of the experiences the members have had, I've dealt with many of them...helped many members with installs via PM, IM and phone... so know your roll and shut your mouth. You have no idea.

In addition, you posted your OBX comment like it was an absolute, which it's not even close to, so your post is inaccurate. You come on here promoting a header that's "better then Comptech" which is the industry standard for Acura's and recognized by Acura dealers as an accepted modification, without any backup. I never bashed your headers, never said anything bad about them. Provide the backup, as Civic said.. show some pics. Let us see them. The OBX headers looked as good as the Comptech's until memebrs got their hands on them. Go about it the right way, learn how to reply to people's posts or your ass is gone.

Now, if you got anything else to say, shoot me a PM so your thread doesn't get cluttered with crap.

You disable and no one will hear about Header. Members is this what you want ??
You sell Comptech don't you ? Profile shows Sales Manager and web link to buy ?

I am not selling, promoting anything. Just letting people know. I have not had those headers 24hours yet give me a break. Don't threaten or Strongarm me.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Why don't you just take some pics and we'll host it for you ? This way we can get a idea of what you're talking about..
Old 02-13-2004, 12:00 PM
Senior Moderator

I am not selling, promoting anything. Just letting people know. I have not had those headers 24hours yet give me a break. Don't threaten or Strongarm me.
You act like you have the best thing since sliced bread. You say not "threaten or Strongarm" but you're trying to use your "Header" as some kind of leverage..
Old 02-13-2004, 12:38 PM
It's not over yet

You sell Comptech don't you ? Profile shows Sales Manager and web link to buy ?

take it to PM
Old 02-13-2004, 12:41 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
post pics and more info otherwise this is just a lot of hot air.

feel free to open another thread when you have said info.

-closing this-