$100 and bought a bra!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2001 | 06:10 PM
STi

$100 and bought a bra!!

Yup i just ordered my xpel clear bra, i only got the hood and side mirror protection. Anyways, I like to know how hard this clear bra to install?
Old 11-05-2001 | 06:54 AM
TRELOS

Where did u get it from?

Does it come in black?

How much would the dealer charge u for a bra?

TRELOS
Old 11-05-2001 | 07:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

I have the Dealer Bra (Acura) I don't really like it. It gets dirty as hell under the bra around the wheel wells and in the front it took some paint off the bumper under the headlights where a peice of plastic goes in to secure the front under the headlight. Let me know about the clear bra please??
Old 11-05-2001 | 09:33 AM
STi

Here you go guys check it out:
http://www.xpel.com/paint/product.as...x=6&image1.y=9
Old 11-05-2001 | 09:35 AM
TRELOS

Damm the dealer's bra did that. Well I have yet to see a clear bra on the road or even on the market,sry can't tell ya anything about that. But looking at all the little dings that I've got on my hood from tiny BS debris I can say that I wish that I got one right when I got the car. But seeing that the dealer's dra 'did damage'? I may reconsider.

TRELOS
Old 11-05-2001 | 09:36 AM
STi

Here are some installation they did on some exotic cars:
http://www.xpel.com/gallery.html
Old 11-05-2001 | 10:06 AM
Instructor

Colgan Custom now makes a car bra specifically for our CL's. They used my car as a prototype so I received everything free of charge. They make the front cover with and without license frame hole and side mirror bras also. Their number is 714-965-0575. Colgan Custom is known for their top quality products.

BLOWN 331
Old 11-05-2001 | 10:11 AM
Powered By HONDA

i have the acura black bra too.bought about $130..and i do not like it either.as it will scratch my hood and my fender .. i really want to buy the 3m clear bra..
Old 11-05-2001 | 10:25 AM
Wanna-Be A-CL Sr. Member

I purchased the black bra from the dealer about a week after I got my CLS.. Hasn't done any damage to my car yet, but it is a pain in the ass to remove and clean under. Also, it comes with nice chrome ACURA lettering on the front of the bra which looks very nice. After about 2 weeks all of the chrome film came off and now it's just a dirty gray. I would understand this if I ran my car through car washes but my car is hand washed and dryed very carefully only be me so in my opinion I would suggest purchasing a bra other than the one the dealer sells. I spent about $150 and personally I think it's rediculous that the lettering came off after only about 2 weeks. I should probably write Acura, the dealer here won't do shit for me, I know that. Oh well, just my 2 cents.

Shawn
Old 11-05-2001 | 10:35 AM
Racer

I have a 3-m clear bra on my car and I love it. Ive had it on for two months and not one person has said, " I see you have a clear bra..."
You dont even notice it unless you either know it is there or are specifically looking for it.

My buddy and I put it on ourselves. It wasnt the easiest thing to do, but its not impossible. Make sure you have a spotless work area, and make sure the car is spotless as well. Anything that is under the bra is there to stay. We cleaned then polished then we sprayed rubbing alcohol on the surface of the car to make sure there were no dust specs. The most important thing is to make sure you have a couple spray bottles with water and aclohol ready. You will want to keep the underside of the bra really wet with alcohol when fitting it on the surface of the car. If it dries, it could stick in the wrong place and you are fucked. Once you get it in place you can use a rubber squeegie with a paper towel rapped over the edge to squeegie out most of the water/alcohol while someone else holds the bra in place. If there is a little speck of fluid left here and there, its ok, it will dry out, just make sure there is no air. If you do get a spot where the water wont come out, you could use an exacto knife to put a tiny hole in the bra to allow the water to escape, or you could pull it up and do it over again.
Just remember to keep it wet at all times so you can keep adjusting it till its right. It will probably be a tight fit and you will have to stretch it to make it look right, so make sure you have a friend helping you that is as anal about cars as you are. We also used clamps to hang up the bra pieces untill we placed them on the car. If you let them touch the ground, they will get dirt and hair and shit on them and you will spend most of your day trying to get it cleaned.
It took my buddy and I like 2 hours to do mine, but we are totally car anal. I also have the bra that goes on the hood and the front bumper and the mirrors. The part for the front grille and bumper was a bitch.
Just take your time and do it right and you will be very happy. Email me if you have any questions.