"the program"

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2001 | 10:32 PM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
"the program"

i'm probally gonna do it in the next few months, i thought some of you might be interested too. i think they can work w/ your tranny.

http://www.superhonda.org/board/show...0&pagenumber=1

------------------
"the needle got buried at 140.....1,500 RPM later...the tach got buried"
Old 04-03-2001 | 01:05 AM
Instructor

Yeah, I posted about the Unichip in the TL forum, and there was a little bit of a following, but not nearly at nutz as the Av6 guys went.

Go figure.

------------------
Kenny
Slow TL
Old 04-03-2001 | 02:09 AM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by F=ma:
Yeah, I posted about the Unichip in the TL forum, and there was a little bit of a following, but not nearly at nutz as the Av6 guys went.

Go figure.

</font>

ya, those V6 guys are all over it, i think i'm gonna jump

Old 04-03-2001 | 02:30 AM
Safety Car

Damn CLpower...that is a lot of pages to read. Do you know how much it costs? Also if it will work for our CL's? It sounds really tempting...

------------------
Tw1112
CL 3.0 '98 - Cleared bumper, Hiper/Piaa/Polarg bulbs all around, PIAA 1700x fogs, AEM CAI, V1, and Mugen Pedals.
Old 04-03-2001 | 02:35 AM
Senior Moderator

I've tried to access the page several times w/o success. Can you provide a some info on what the program is and what it does?

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl Type S.
Comptech:Headers, Springs & Sways
AEM CAI
Muds
Wheel locks
35% Llumar metallic tint
My Car
Old 04-03-2001 | 03:03 AM
Safety Car

Sigh...I just sat here reading about 4 pages there...yeah its a bitch to get on there server. The PROgram is being offered by The Racers Group. http://theracersgroup.com/
The price is now 995? I think...it is basically a piggy-back chip that links to the current ecu. It is programmed to the cars settings so if you have more mods then the better it will be. Say if you got some mod after getting the UNICHIP, you would have to pay 95/hr labor then also pay for the dyno...something around $200 total. Read up on there webpage.

------------------
Tw1112
CL 3.0 '98 - Cleared bumper, Hiper/Piaa/Polarg bulbs all around, PIAA 1700x fogs, AEM CAI, V1, and Mugen Pedals.
Old 04-03-2001 | 12:20 PM
teh Senior Instigator

well basically mike, tommy said it for ya...it unleashes about 40 lb ft of torque on my car
Old 04-03-2001 | 12:44 PM
Advanced

Hey Guys,
You might want to hold off on the "Program/unichip/dastek" unit for a while. I live about an hour away from Sears Point and The Racers Group. I had them install the "Progam" about six weeks ago in my CL-S. There operation is very professional and their dyno/computer guy Tony Woest is great. They had never done a CL-S before and Tony took the better part of an entire day to install and dyno tune the program on my car. Tony explained that while the program is capable of altering air/fuel and timing, it would only work on air/fuel on our cars. After the tuning session I drove home and that night did G-tech testing. 0 to 60 was the same or worse than I had achieved before. This was using the same car,amount of gas, same road, same outside temp. etc. I called Tony and explained. He asked me to bring the car back and he played on the dyno some more. I went home, more testing, same result. Additionally he had given me a clip to plug in making it easy to test back to back with and w/o the program installed. Same thing, 5.7 to 5.9 (0 - 60) with or without. Also, I couldn't feel any difference. I decided to go to another dyno tuning place near my house and check with and without hp/tq. The result is 224hp and 190tq. with or without the program. Needless to say, the unit is being returned. The place that I took the car to dyno, turns out to be one of the authorized resellers and tuners of the "Program" (Tony and The Racers Group are the distributors for the U.S.)Anyhow they explained that they are having trouble with a lot of 1996 and later cars. It seems that while the program is initially able to fool the ecu, that the ecu eventually is able to detect these altered signals and correct them. This is why the dyno at The Racers Group showed gains and then weeks later there were no gains on the before and after dyno runs. I can tell you that The Racers Group is working with the manufacturer in South Africa to both correct this and allow the successful controlling of the timeing as well.
Kevin
Old 04-03-2001 | 02:07 PM
Instructor

This is really interesting news. Thanks for testing this out.

The ECU's two O2 sensors, and with the LEV and ULEV emissions, the air-to-fuel range is rather narrow to keep the HC, CO, and NOx all in line.

The O2 sensors do like to "close" the loop, so any change in fuel-air etc is going to be very small. If headers, cold-air, and enough stuff are finally added to push the ECU off-map (too lean), then some of this stuff probably would work out (maybe).

I'm starting to wonder about the V-AFC too...

------------------
Dr's car's is stealthy -- able to sneak up on unsuspecting victims
Old 04-03-2001 | 02:13 PM
teh Senior Instigator

the problem is you need to be able to adjust the timing. If you can't do that you won't see much gains.
Old 04-03-2001 | 02:30 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLpower:
the problem is you need to be able to adjust the timing. If you can't do that you won't see much gains. </font>
Yes

------------------
Dr's car's is stealthy -- able to sneak up on unsuspecting victims
Old 04-03-2001 | 02:48 PM
Suzuka Master

I want it done to my car but I can't drive to cali to get it done!!

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 04-03-2001 | 04:11 PM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
I want it done to my car but I can't drive to cali to get it done!!

</font>
they have authorized dealers all over, look on the unichip.com site
Old 04-03-2001 | 04:25 PM
Safety Car

To add to this, they said something about having a redone chip ready in about 2-3months. So maybe we should wait until comptech unleashes the super charger, then go and get the PROgram.

------------------
Tw1112