Noble Gold GT-7
20.51%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Volk GT-7 vs. LE-37T

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005 | 08:50 AM
Got Milk???

Originally Posted by CobaltForge
Thanks everyone for your input. After looking at the polls, I decided to keep the LE37s.

I just got them today via UPS and put them on my car!

I have the A-Spec suspension, but there is still a significant gap. I think I need something more agressive. I'm thinking either Tein SS or Flexes next. (Anyone interested in A-Spec suspension for 5AT?)

W-O-W... them babies look nice, would look even more unreal if you slam the car another 1.5"-2.0"... maybe we should put my BC coilovers on ur car and see what it looks like actually, i'm gonna lower my car another inch or so this coming weekend, I'd love to see how those volks look on my car, so if you're willing, lets swap em on and just take a few pictures for keepers anyways, very sweet!

-KC
Old 10-01-2005 | 11:38 AM
SI Drive

Originally Posted by kaikai114
W-O-W... them babies look nice, would look even more unreal if you slam the car another 1.5"-2.0"... maybe we should put my BC coilovers on ur car and see what it looks like actually, i'm gonna lower my car another inch or so this coming weekend, I'd love to see how those volks look on my car, so if you're willing, lets swap em on and just take a few pictures for keepers anyways, very sweet!

-KC
Sure thing, just call me up and we'll do a photoshoot. I definitely looking to get some coilovers now. I just have to decide whether I want Tein Basics or SS.

And thanks everyone so far for the comments!
Old 10-01-2005 | 12:42 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Sure thing, just call me up and we'll do a photoshoot. I definitely looking to get some coilovers now. I just have to decide whether I want Tein Basics or SS.

And thanks everyone so far for the comments!
I say go with the flex. there is a set in the black market that comes with edfc for only 1100. it doesnt look like he post much on here but he is on the other forum more.
Old 10-01-2005 | 12:49 PM
Fear the TrolFkr

Originally Posted by vwong
I'm telling you, if you want to get 18x8 GT-C, go for the face 1 either with the 50mm offset (column B with 42mm lip, not that big of a lip IMO) or 47mm offset (column C with 55mm lip). The only thing that I'm not sure on is if the column C one would clear big brake kits.
Can someone clear up a question about lip size?

Here is a pic from the Volk GT-7's currently on the black market:
These wheels are 18x8 5x114.3 +44 56mm lip.

Is lip calculated by the space indicated with #1 in the pic OR is the lip a combination of #1 + #2?

BTW vwong, if this guy actually had these wheels on a TSX with that huge lip (type low, column C), then I don't see why the GT-C's from column C with the 55mm lip wouldn't fit with stock brakes as you were saying they would. IOW, this may be proof that you were right on with your speculations.

I guess it all depends on whether the guys selling those rims above is selling them because he doesn't like them OR because they won't fit without a wheel spacer.
Old 10-01-2005 | 07:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks everyone for your input. After looking at the polls, I decided to keep the LE37s.

I just got them today via UPS and put them on my car!

I have the A-Spec suspension, but there is still a significant gap. I think I need something more agressive. I'm thinking either Tein SS or Flexes next. (Anyone interested in A-Spec suspension for 5AT?)
That is SWEET! Beautiful color combo. Looks perfect on your CG.

Go with the Flex!
Old 10-01-2005 | 07:28 PM
Got Phó?

WoW, i hope you get those Tein soon because i'm sooo feeling your rims. You made my dream came true.
Old 10-02-2005 | 03:23 AM
SI Drive

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
That is SWEET! Beautiful color combo. Looks perfect on your CG.

Go with the Flex!
Thanks! And thanks drunkenbuda!

I'm thinking about getting the Flexes in the Private Sales forum, but I need someone to buy my A Spec first! Hehe. If not, I'll end up getting the SS. Since we're on this topic, what does everyone think? I lean more towards ride quality than performance, but once in a while I do like to go canyon running. What would you guys recommend for coilovers?
Old 10-02-2005 | 04:31 AM
Drifting

get flex and SLAMMED THAT B*TCH!!!...... hahaha... that would look soo sweet~

you got the set-up i wanted man.... LE37ts 18" on a CG..... too bad i don't have that extra 5-6 grand cdn to spare...... guess i have to look for some other rims now~
Old 10-02-2005 | 06:44 AM
Burning Brakes

love the wheels man, one of my personal favourites
Old 10-02-2005 | 12:59 PM
Burning Brakes

My 18" TE37 with a-spec didn't look that 4x4 than yours. Maybe your a-spec haven't settle yet or may be your polish lip make your rim look small and the gap look huge. Yes, I want a bit lower too but I dun want to give up ride quality and the ability to drive on snow. I am sick of that already.
Old 10-02-2005 | 01:06 PM
I spend 2 much time here

yeah i think its the polished lip that exaggerates the wheel gap somehow
Old 10-02-2005 | 01:11 PM
I spend 2 much time here

still likes very nice though, i'd love to have those wheels
Old 10-02-2005 | 05:29 PM
SI Drive

Originally Posted by ianS
My 18" TE37 with a-spec didn't look that 4x4 than yours. Maybe your a-spec haven't settle yet or may be your polish lip make your rim look small and the gap look huge. Yes, I want a bit lower too but I dun want to give up ride quality and the ability to drive on snow. I am sick of that already.
Yes it's that too and the fact that you have a factory bodykit on your. I don't and I was thinking that may be the next step.

Luckily, I live out in SoCal so we don't get snow unless we go up to the mountains. I'll take your advice and let the car settle a little bit more. I really like the way the A-Spec suspension sits on your car. Maybe I should get the factory kit to balance it all out?

Thanks ianS!
Old 10-02-2005 | 05:34 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Congrats on the rims Cobalt

They look great on your ride. Those are one of my favorite rims!
Old 10-02-2005 | 07:46 PM
SI Drive

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Congrats on the rims Cobalt

They look great on your ride. Those are one of my favorite rims!
Thanks Kenny! Now I need a more agressive drop! Hehe.
Old 10-03-2005 | 11:23 AM
n00b

Originally Posted by ooze48
Can someone clear up a question about lip size?

Here is a pic from the Volk GT-7's currently on the black market:
These wheels are 18x8 5x114.3 +44 56mm lip.

Is lip calculated by the space indicated with #1 in the pic OR is the lip a combination of #1 + #2?

BTW vwong, if this guy actually had these wheels on a TSX with that huge lip (type low, column C), then I don't see why the GT-C's from column C with the 55mm lip wouldn't fit with stock brakes as you were saying they would. IOW, this may be proof that you were right on with your speculations.

I guess it all depends on whether the guys selling those rims above is selling them because he doesn't like them OR because they won't fit without a wheel spacer.
It's #1 + #2. Actually it should be measured from the area where the spokes meet the rim (the area with the oval holes in the picture) to the edge of the rim.
Old 10-03-2005 | 12:14 PM
n00b

Originally Posted by kaikai114
Vwong,

I am looking at the GT-7 size 18x8J under 5x114.3, there is an offset +45mm with 63mm lip in column D. How is that different from column B with offset +43mm and 44mm lip? I thought having a lower offset means the rim face is closer to the width center, therefore having a bigger lip...

-KC
Disclaimer: I don't work for Volk. The information I posted here is strictly from my own research on the Volk GT-series wheels.

Using the example of the 18x8 GT-7, I think Rays use the same face/spoke for all 18" sizes in a column (i.e. column D). And there is a different face/spoke for all the sizes in column C, column B, and column A. Then they use different rims across the columns to come up with the offset. I drew up a sketch of what I think the difference is between the +45mm column D and +43mm column B.

Notice the depth difference in the center area where the lug nuts would be between the blue (face/spoke of column D) and the yellow (face/spoke of column B). Because of this, it changes the location where the face/spoke would mount to the rim.

I hope this helps anyone who's interested in the GT-series wheels.
Old 10-03-2005 | 02:04 PM
Fear the TrolFkr

It's #1 + #2. Actually it should be measured from the area where the spokes meet the rim (the area with the oval holes in the picture) to the edge of the rim.
The arrows marking area #1 were meant to extend to where the spokes meet the rim. I see now that I drew the arrows for #1 incorrectly because of a glare on the lip.

I was hoping #2 (the part of the lip that extends down towards the tire) was not part of the calculation because that means many mm's are used up for that vertical area making the #1 area even smaller. In the pic I posted, I was hoping a 55mm lip meant arean #1 was 55mm. I guess that was just wishful thinking.
Old 10-03-2005 | 05:00 PM
Got Milk???

Disclaimer: I don't work for Volk. The information I posted here is strictly from my own research on the Volk GT-series wheels.

Using the example of the 18x8 GT-7, I think Rays use the same face/spoke for all 18" sizes in a column (i.e. column D). And there is a different face/spoke for all the sizes in column C, column B, and column A. Then they use different rims across the columns to come up with the offset. I drew up a sketch of what I think the difference is between the +45mm column D and +43mm column B.

Notice the depth difference in the center area where the lug nuts would be between the blue (face/spoke of column D) and the yellow (face/spoke of column B). Because of this, it changes the location where the face/spoke would mount to the rim.

I hope this helps anyone who's interested in the GT-series wheels.

A picture is worth a million words, thanks V