20.51%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Volk GT-7 vs. LE-37T

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 01:04 AM
SI Drive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volk GT-7 vs. LE-37T

Alright guys, I'm getting a set of gunmetal Volk LE-37Ts in a few days. Thing is that I was thinking about trading them for a set of Noble Gold GT-7s (sorry vwong hehe). I have a CG btw.

The reason why I'm thinking about this is that the LEs that I'm getting are 18X7.5 +48 while the GTs are 18X8 +44.

OR
Old 09-29-2005, 03:23 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LE37ts for sure.... man, if i have the money, I would've go for it too. One of my dream rims on a CG is the LE37ts.... but i can't afford it right now.....hahah! so....if you don't want it, i will be happy to take it!...haha!

but, can't you get even smaller offsets for them? or get them in 18x8?
Old 09-29-2005, 07:20 AM
Fear the TrolFkr

Originally Posted by CobaltForge
Alright guys, I'm getting a set of gunmetal Volk LE-37Ts in a few days. Thing is that I was thinking about trading them for a set of Noble Gold GT-7s (sorry vwong hehe). I have a CG btw.
Sorry to hijack, but where are you buying your Volks from? If you have a website or phone#, that'd be cool.

Where you able to speak with someone who can give you definite fitment answers?

I'm getting conflicting information, no one is saying the same thing. I've heard the TSX needs the larger offset type (Type High, Offset Column A on the Rays Wheels website). Others on this forum said I can do Type Med (Offset Column B) OR Type Low (Offset Column C) as long as I never get a bigger brake kit in the future.

I was stressing out trying to decide which wheels to buy, gt-c or sf-winning. I finally decide on gt-c then start calling around. Apparently no one I called carries a lot of volk stock so they have to custom order. No problem except that process normally takes 3 months! OMG! I was ready to have these new wheels slapped on next week when I drop with Tein SS. Looks like that plan went straight to the dumper.

And worse yet, the conflicting information has me worried that I'll order the rims, pay 2k+ for them, then 3+ months later find out they don't fit.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:54 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Def the LE's
Old 09-29-2005, 09:44 AM
Banned

LEs

but get me a picture of gold GT7s if you can, i wanted to see them.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:56 AM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Bling factor goes to the GT7. You can't go wring with either rim though.

How about a little PS of both rims on your car.....
Old 09-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I originally wanted the LE but they don't come in 18x8, which is the size I want.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GT-7's have that performance look with a touch of class...while the TE's just scream performance/race.

But I was once contimplating gold rims for my CG I'd love to see how that would look
Old 09-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Banned

same here... I wanted 19 X 8 +43mm gold GTNs but I had to settle for 18 X 7.5 gold GTNs because they dont offer them in the size i wanted. even then they sent me the wrong offset
Old 09-29-2005, 11:19 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

le 37 all the way.

my friend has a set for sale, they are mercury silver though.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:27 PM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by digitalHorizon
LEs

but get me a picture of gold GT7s if you can, i wanted to see them.
The pictures are in this for sale ad, https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/sold-fs-volk-racing-319173/.

Ok...for the lazy ones, here are the pictures (stolen from the linked thread).

Old 09-29-2005, 12:30 PM
n00b

CobaltForge, if your goal is to just have a nice looking car, I'd got for the GT-7. Otherwise, the LE-37T's. If I wasn't planning on turning my Prelude into a track car, I'll get those GT-7's for my Prelude.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Man those gold GT's would look so sweet on my car..............
Old 09-29-2005, 01:10 PM
SI Drive

Hehe vwong beat me to posting the pics. Those are the same exact wheels that I was trying to negotiate with the seller for. But since general concensus seems to favor the LE-37Ts, then I'll keep them instead of selling them.

They should be here next week, so I'll definitely take pictures of them once I have them on the car!
Old 09-29-2005, 01:16 PM
SI Drive

Originally Posted by ooze48
Sorry to hijack, but where are you buying your Volks from? If you have a website or phone#, that'd be cool.

Where you able to speak with someone who can give you definite fitment answers?

I'm getting conflicting information, no one is saying the same thing. I've heard the TSX needs the larger offset type (Type High, Offset Column A on the Rays Wheels website). Others on this forum said I can do Type Med (Offset Column B) OR Type Low (Offset Column C) as long as I never get a bigger brake kit in the future.

I was stressing out trying to decide which wheels to buy, gt-c or sf-winning. I finally decide on gt-c then start calling around. Apparently no one I called carries a lot of volk stock so they have to custom order. No problem except that process normally takes 3 months! OMG! I was ready to have these new wheels slapped on next week when I drop with Tein SS. Looks like that plan went straight to the dumper.

And worse yet, the conflicting information has me worried that I'll order the rims, pay 2k+ for them, then 3+ months later find out they don't fit.

Ooze, if you buy these wheels from the Black Market: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319173

They should fit. Yes they do have a high offset which could cause rubbing, but that can be solved by either not lowering your car too much, or going with 225 size tires vs. 235.

I know for a fact that the GT-7s that this guy is selling will fit on the TSX because it's been done by Sport Compact Car on their Skunk2 Project TSX (same size and offset), and they were able to fit a set of Brembo GT BBK in there as well.

Of course, I'm not the expert on this. I'd say contact VWong for more clarification/information. He really knows his Volks.

Also, as far as shopping for Volks the wait can be anywhere from 3 to 6 months. I recommend purchasing them from either the Black Market (just do a search for "volk") or through eBay. Most people who get Volks tend to baby them and thus you'll usually find them in pretty good condition used.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:16 PM
SI Drive

Originally Posted by itrhybrid
Man those gold GT's would look so sweet on my car..............
Since I'm not getting them anymore, you should! Get 'em! Get 'em! Get 'em!
Old 09-29-2005, 02:35 PM
Banned

i like the pale gold, its not the same color as the gold on my GTNs

is this the color the GTV comes in?
Old 09-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Banned

never mind, GTV is not offered in gold.

you can get them to make it that way for more money though, right?
Old 09-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Fear the TrolFkr

Ooze, if you buy these wheels from the Black Market: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319173
They should fit. Yes they do have a high offset which could cause rubbing, but that can be solved by either not lowering your car too much, or going with 225 size tires vs. 235.
Thanks, I did look in the black market and saw these already. My 05 tsx is red so I was kind of bent on getting spark silver gt-c's, or maybe diamond black since I found I guy who can get me them without the wait.

I'm just not sure I'll like black and have come to the conclusion it might be way harder to sell them than I thought. Plus, the diamond black ones are 18x17.5, so I'm not even sure if I'll be able to run 235/40-18's like I want to (since they're almost exactly the same diameter as stock).

Also, as far as shopping for Volks the wait can be anywhere from 3 to 6 months. I recommend purchasing them from either the Black Market (just do a search for "volk") or through eBay. Most people who get Volks tend to baby them and thus you'll usually find them in pretty good condition used.
Oh man, 3 months is bad enough. If it ended up being 6 months I'd probably have to shoot myself. I did look on ebay too. Unless I become more flexible in the type of volk I want, I have a feeling I'll have to order them new and just wait it out. Thanks for the tips though.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

actually, vwong is kinda right. i didn't like the gt series that much until i saw his car.

it's even nicer in real life.

he's got a lip.

i dont.

mine is lighter though.

heheh
Old 09-29-2005, 04:38 PM
n00b

Oh man, 3 months is bad enough. If it ended up being 6 months I'd probably have to shoot myself. I did look on ebay too. Unless I become more flexible in the type of volk I want, I have a feeling I'll have to order them new and just wait it out. Thanks for the tips though.
Unfortunately, if you want exactly the size you prefer, you'll have to order them and wait at least 3 months on standard colors. It would take longer if you want custom colors (ask dzuy how long he waited for his custom gold TE37). I waited about 3 months for my GT-7, and I think it really worth the wait.

I'm telling you, if you want to get 18x8 GT-C, go for the face 1 either with the 50mm offset (column B with 42mm lip, not that big of a lip IMO) or 47mm offset (column C with 55mm lip). The only thing that I'm not sure on is if the column C one would clear big brake kits. You can actually go with the 43mm offset (column B with 48mm lip, better size lip). You shouldn't have problem with the 43mm offset since dzuy is running on 19x8 +43mm as well. Forget about the sizes in column A.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dzuy
le 37 all the way.

Will your friend willing to trade for my set? and then you can buy it from your friend....
Old 09-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Cruisin'

hey vwong

im gettin a set of gt-7 custom gold from volk in 19s i was wondering wat offset i should go wit im lowering the car on eibach pro kit and i dont wanna have rubbing issues. how wide should i get the wheel and wat offset should i go with if u dont mind me askin. by the way i have a pwp tsx will soon be ordering gold gt-7 and the oem kit
Old 09-29-2005, 09:28 PM
n00b

Originally Posted by scubasteve
im gettin a set of gt-7 custom gold from volk in 19s i was wondering wat offset i should go wit im lowering the car on eibach pro kit and i dont wanna have rubbing issues. how wide should i get the wheel and wat offset should i go with if u dont mind me askin. by the way i have a pwp tsx will soon be ordering gold gt-7 and the oem kit
The smallest 19" is 19x8. And I wouldn't suggest going any wider than that. As for offset, you can get either +40 (column B with 50mm lip, this is what I have) or +49 (column C also with 50mm lip). With a drop like Eibach Prokit, you shouldn't have rubbing with either offset. The difference between the +40 and +49 is the depth of the center area (where the bolts are). It's slightly deeper in the +40 and shallower in the +49. Take a look at these pics,

With +49, the center area is probably like this...shallower

With +40, the center area is deeper. This is my wheel.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dzuy
le 37 all the way.

dzuy-

How much does you friend want for them? 18's or 19's?
Old 09-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Cruisin'

thanks alot vwong and ur car looks hott dude
Old 09-30-2005, 10:02 AM
SI Drive

Originally Posted by Stoli
dzuy-

They're 18s and I think he wants $1900 for them. They've never been mounted.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Fear the TrolFkr

Originally Posted by vwong
I'm telling you, if you want to get 18x8 GT-C, go for the face 1 either with the 50mm offset (column B with 42mm lip, not that big of a lip IMO) or 47mm offset (column C with 55mm lip). The only thing that I'm not sure on is if the column C one would clear big brake kits.
I've been considering the +47's in column C since you mentioned they might work in a previous thread. I've called several places to discuss fitment and they all say to stay away from column C. I understand these people may not be very familiar with volk fitment on the tsx, but it still makes me a little nervous.

I know I don't want to get any type of brake kit and plan on sticking with stock. Do you consider the stock break kit to be "big" or are you somewhat confident the column C wheels with the big 55mm lip will fit with the stock brakes?

You can actually go with the 43mm offset (column B with 48mm lip, better size lip). You shouldn't have problem with the 43mm offset since dzuy is running on 19x8 +43mm as well. Forget about the sizes in column A.
Yep, column A is forgotten. I want a big lip but i'm afraid of fitment issues with regards to the 3-month wait. If I get it wrong and I have to wait an additional 3 months, that will make me very, very sad.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:18 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by ianS
Will your friend willing to trade for my set? and then you can buy it from your friend....
nope, he wants to sell it new.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:20 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by Stoli
dzuy-

18 x 7.5

+48 offset

for honda /acura 5 lug

i dont remember how much he wants

his name is cong

call him at 407-367-8706

just tell him i sent you. my name is zee.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:26 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

I've been considering the +47's in column C since you mentioned they might work in a previous thread. I've called several places to discuss fitment and they all say to stay away from column C. I understand these people may not be very familiar with volk fitment on the tsx, but it still makes me a little nervous.

I know I don't want to get any type of brake kit and plan on sticking with stock. Do you consider the stock break kit to be "big" or are you somewhat confident the column C wheels with the big 55mm lip will fit with the stock brakes?
What is their reasoning for thinking the +47 wont work? The stock tsx brakes are anything but big. Pretty much any offset should fit over thestock brakes, I've never heard of anything not fitting the stock tsx brakes
Old 09-30-2005, 12:37 PM
n00b

Originally Posted by xizor
What is their reasoning for thinking the +47 wont work? The stock tsx brakes are anything but big. Pretty much any offset should fit over thestock brakes, I've never heard of anything not fitting the stock tsx brakes
Well, I haven't heard of anything not fitting the stock TSX brakes either. But for Prelude, I have heard of wheels of the same size as the stock wheels not fitting with the stock Prelude brakes. Both the 5th gen Prelude and RSX-S (the 16" wheels) are the same size, however the RSX-S wheels won't clear the stock Prelude brakes. I think it has to do with the design of the wheel, not necessarily the offset. So I wouldn't be surprised if the shop think that way.

ooze48, if you want to be safe, go with the +43 column B size then. You won't get as much lip as the +47, but better than the +50 and you know it'll clear the brakes. Another way is to get the +47. When you get them test fit them. If they do interfere with the brake calipers, you can get a 5mm spacer to push the wheels out a little. It's not the ideal way, but many people have done this before.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:26 PM
Fear the TrolFkr

Originally Posted by xizor
Thanks for clearing that up, I had no clue whether the stock brakes were considered big or not since I know nothing about cars.

I didn't hear their reasoning first hand. A local guy who is going to install my Tein SS/Ingalls stuff is also going to order my wheels for me. I'm not sure who he called to order them, but this is what he wrote me in an e-mail to me later on that day:

Wheels - Volk GT-C - they say the size wheel spec'd for your car is a 18x8, 42 offset, 35mm lip. They explained that as a FWD car, you cannot have any large lip because the hub location. The deep dish wheels are only for RWD applications. He refered to this wheel as a Face 1, High Type, 42 ET, 36mm lip.

I was requesting that he order me GT-C Face1 Spark Silver 18x8 5x114.3 +47 55mm lip (which is the highest offset from Type Low, Column C). The wheel they are recommending above is the highest offset from Type High, Column A.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Fear the TrolFkr

ooze48, if you want to be safe, go with the +43 column B size then. You won't get as much lip as the +47, but better than the +50 and you know it'll clear the brakes. Another way is to get the +47. When you get them test fit them. If they do interfere with the brake calipers, you can get a 5mm spacer to push the wheels out a little. It's not the ideal way, but many people have done this before.
I was thinking of going with a higher offset than something in the low 40's because I want to run 235/40-18's and dont' want to rub with a moderate drop (probably will be in the area of 1.5", I want a drop like AlterZgo has).

I see you're running an 8" +40 wheel with 235's and you're slammed (looks very awesome by the way, but I don't plan on going that low), so maybe I'm being too cautious.

I really want the +47 55mm lip but was afraid that if I get it and it won't fit over the brakes then I won't be able to sell the wheel here because it won't fit anyone else's TSX either. I remember reading about spacers being used but didn't understand why. Assuming it's not hard to find a spacer to fit my car for this type of wheel, that sounds like it's a real option if I need it.

So if I got a 5mm spacer with +47 ET, that ends up making it a +42 ET, right?
Old 09-30-2005, 04:28 PM
Advanced

dzuy -

Thanks! I'll give Cong a call this week.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,858 Likes on 2,579 Posts
I say the GT-7s cause i am getting the LE37's haha they both look good man
Old 09-30-2005, 08:56 PM
SI Drive

Got 'em

Thanks everyone for your input. After looking at the polls, I decided to keep the LE37s.

I just got them today via UPS and put them on my car!

I have the A-Spec suspension, but there is still a significant gap. I think I need something more agressive. I'm thinking either Tein SS or Flexes next. (Anyone interested in A-Spec suspension for 5AT?)
Old 09-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Racer

I want those wheels!!! I just can't spend that kind of money right now though so i'm going with the RJ Inspyres.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,858 Likes on 2,579 Posts
Thanks everyone for your input. After looking at the polls, I decided to keep the LE37s.

I just got them today via UPS and put them on my car!

I have the A-Spec suspension, but there is still a significant gap. I think I need something more agressive. I'm thinking either Tein SS or Flexes next. (Anyone interested in A-Spec suspension for 5AT?)
Those look nice man. Glad I got to see them on a CG TSX cause I plan on getting those in a custom 19x8 size for my conversion eventually.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Got Milk???

Unfortunately, if you want exactly the size you prefer, you'll have to order them and wait at least 3 months on standard colors. It would take longer if you want custom colors (ask dzuy how long he waited for his custom gold TE37). I waited about 3 months for my GT-7, and I think it really worth the wait.

I'm telling you, if you want to get 18x8 GT-C, go for the face 1 either with the 50mm offset (column B with 42mm lip, not that big of a lip IMO) or 47mm offset (column C with 55mm lip). The only thing that I'm not sure on is if the column C one would clear big brake kits. You can actually go with the 43mm offset (column B with 48mm lip, better size lip). You shouldn't have problem with the 43mm offset since dzuy is running on 19x8 +43mm as well. Forget about the sizes in column A.

Vwong,

I am looking at the GT-7 size 18x8J under 5x114.3, there is an offset +45mm with 63mm lip in column D. How is that different from column B with offset +43mm and 44mm lip? I thought having a lower offset means the rim face is closer to the width center, therefore having a bigger lip...

-KC

Quick Reply: Volk GT-7 vs. LE-37T