Those with Buddy Club N+ Spec Coilovers, what are your shock settings???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Got Milk???

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those with Buddy Club N+ Spec Coilovers, what are your shock settings???

For those of you with Buddy Club N+ Spec coilovers or with knowledge of these coilovers, I'm curious to what settings you have your shocks set at? My current setting is at 6 clicks from the softest all around.

Also, for all shocks gurus, does it mean that you're putting more stress on the shocks if you sit on the softer settings, and vice versa on the hard setting? I'm trying to learn about suspension as I go, so please post your tips, thanks

KC
Old 03-24-2007, 12:23 AM
Racer

any comments on this thread ?
Old 04-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'd like to know this as well.

i have 5 clicks from hardest setting up front
8 clicks from hardest setting in the rears

i have it so stiff because my oilpan is about 4 inches away from the ground.

but wondering what other ppl are riding at.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Cruisin'

as of right now i believe mine are at 6 clicks from softest in the front and 7 clicks from the softest in the rear.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by kaikai114
For those of you with Buddy Club N+ Spec coilovers or with knowledge of these coilovers, I'm curious to what settings you have your shocks set at? My current setting is at 6 clicks from the softest all around.

Also, for all shocks gurus, does it mean that you're putting more stress on the shocks if you sit on the softer settings, and vice versa on the hard setting? I'm trying to learn about suspension as I go, so please post your tips, thanks

KC

Hey man, you are local to me! Care to meet up so I can see what these feel like? BC has been wanting me to market these forever but I feel funny doing it having never felt them in a car.

As far as stress on the shocks, the valving is designed to work for a specific spring rate. Changing the rates outside of the damper's range is not good for the dampers at all. You will either overwork them or underwork them. The immediate side effect is a crappy ride and scary handling.

That being said, adjustable coilover kits are usually valved and adjustable withing a reasonable range for the springs they come with. So feel free to adjust the dampening wherever you like without concern. You don't need to start thinking about impacting the damper longevity until you start swapping springs.

Marcus