Ronjon Devotions

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 02:28 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Ronjon Devotions

Rondog, (at least i think that's your username).
I saw the new 3 piece devotion's on your website. Are those going to be ready for sale yet? I saw that the last update was almost a month ago.

Are those going to be available for a TSX?
Old 04-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
You should read this thread for updates: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...43#post4080543
Old 05-01-2005, 12:57 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Martin
You should read this thread for updates: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...43#post4080543
Hmm... $3000/ set.
I think i may have to hire a security guard to watch my car when i'm not driving it. I'd be too paranoid that someone is going to try and steal my rims.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there only for the RL.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
It's funny when everybody is bringing up the price, these are in the same category as HRE and iForged wheels, same quality of construction, but we provide more dedication to fitment since we focus on Acura and not every car company. try to get some prices on some 3piece forged wheels and compare the cost.

If these are too much, we also provide one piece wheels which have the same perfect fitment and unique style, but are more affordable.

So yes, these are available for the TSX, and we have a set on preorder for that car. we test fitted the wheel on the CL and came up with a 2" lip all around. BBK equipped cars will have to make due with a 1.5" lip up front for caliper clearance. No rubbing and hubcentric too. Custom built to each specific order, takes 3-4 weeks for delivery. My sig has all the options. Here's how the UNFINISHED SAMPLE WHEELS look on the CL which shares the same specs as the TSX:

Old 05-01-2005, 08:58 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ron that looks great! Just have to sort out the lugnut issue on the rears and you'll have a homerun.

To all others $3000 for a set of multipiece forged wheels is a very fair price.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:15 AM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
what would the price of the one piece version be for 18inch?
Old 05-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

dang, those are pretty nice looking rims
Old 05-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Spooooooon !

Originally Posted by Tireguy
Ron that looks great! Just have to sort out the lugnut issue on the rears and you'll have a homerun.

You are probably right, but that is a hell of alot of money for any set of rims.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jiggaman
what would the price of the one piece version be for 18inch?
sorry, but the 19' is the smallest size we are doing now, and there is no one piece, this is forged 3-piece construction. Exclusivety comes at a price.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:21 PM
cmf
ATCer

I think that is the best looking wheel of all those sold by RonJon.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:29 PM
|____\\===(/\)===//____|

Yes but what's the weight of them?

J-F
Old 05-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DaBlackT
Yes but what's the weight of them?

J-F
I don't think anyone who's looking for a 19x8.5 3pc wheel is going to be racing with them. Personally, at that size I'd rather have a sturdy wheel than a lightweight one.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

cool.

if people are bitching about 3 piece wheels that are forged and 19", they shouldn't even be looking.

19" forged volks monoblocks are about 3 grand.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
I don't think anyone who's looking for a 19x8.5 3pc wheel is going to be racing with them. Personally, at that size I'd rather have a sturdy wheel than a lightweight one.
i did! i went to the track with them

compared to my stock wheels, i averaged ~3mph less in the 1/4 and almost the same times b/c my stock wheels have stock michelin craps.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:58 AM
Former Sponsor

in all the excitment, i forgot to weigh them, but they are def lighter than stock, even the 19" x 8.5" with 245/35/19 tire is lighter than the 17"x7" with 215/50/17 tire, you can feel the difference by hand. most of the weight is in the rivets that hold the wheel together.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:24 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by rondog
in all the excitment, i forgot to weigh them, but they are def lighter than stock, even the 19" x 8.5" with 245/35/19 tire is lighter than the 17"x7" with 215/50/17 tire, you can feel the difference by hand. most of the weight is in the rivets that hold the wheel together.
It may be lighter but may not perform that way. What I mean by this is with a 19" wheel your taking a greater portion of the mass and moving it 2" further to the circumfrence. This would be very true if in fact the rivets are a good portion of the wheels weight, because they are very close to the cicumfrence. Its called quantum inertia or something like that, and in extreme cases can make a difference.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:48 AM
Luke 1:37

It's funny when everybody is bringing up the price, these are in the same category as HRE and iForged wheels, same quality of construction, but we provide more dedication to fitment since we focus on Acura and not every car company. try to get some prices on some 3piece forged wheels and compare the cost.

If these are too much, we also provide one piece wheels which have the same perfect fitment and unique style, but are more affordable.
I hear ya Ron. The people who complain about price, most likely can't even afford getting multi-piece forged rims anyways, so I don't know why they're even complaining about the price. They obviously haven't shopped around for these types of rims before. I suggest maybe posting some comparative prices on your website so that you don't have answer these ridiculous questions about price anymore. Just my

Back on topic, the devotions look really nice. I'm liking the fact that you've finally incorporated a rim that has a lip to it. That was my one gripe with the Inspyres and Servos. Hmmmm.....maybe there's a possibility in the future for a 18" forged rim that isn't multipiece (if that's possible) to bring down the cost. Maybe have a 5 spoke rim with a lip
Old 05-02-2005, 07:56 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

It may be lighter but may not perform that way. What I mean by this is with a 19" wheel your taking a greater portion of the mass and moving it 2" further to the circumfrence. This would be very true if in fact the rivets are a good portion of the wheels weight, because they are very close to the cicumfrence. Its called quantum inertia or something like that, and in extreme cases can make a difference.
I think everyone understands that when they say a wheel is lighter than another. A 18lb 19" wheel is better than a 21lb 19" wheel, so there's still merit in the fact its slightly lighter.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:47 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

cool.

my 19" volks with tires are still lighter than stock wheel with stock tires.

Old 05-02-2005, 05:25 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by xizor
I think everyone understands that when they say a wheel is lighter than another. A 18lb 19" wheel is better than a 21lb 19" wheel, so there's still merit in the fact its slightly lighter.

You missed the point, Ron said that his new 19" 3 piece forged wheel with tire weighs less then the stock 17" with tire. Due to the location of the mass being further to the outside diameter(19" instead of 17" from the center) of the tire/wheel it may perform less favorably then the heavier wheel.

To explain this in a very simple way: Swing a 10lbs hammer that has a 24" handle then try to swing a 15lbs hammer with a 6" handle. Even though the 10lbs hammer is lighter it will require more effort(energy) to swing due to location of the concentrated mass being further away from the source of power it will require more energy/power then the 15lbs hammer.

But it is a moot point, the wheels look fantastic, and I highly doubt people who buy these will be pushing the car to the limits where these very subtle differences will matter.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

You missed the point, Ron said that his new 19" 3 piece forged wheel with tire weighs less then the stock 17" with tire. Due to the location of the mass being further to the outside diameter(19" instead of 17" from the center) of the tire/wheel it may perform less favorably then the heavier wheel.

To explain this in a very simple way: Swing a 10lbs hammer that has a 24" handle then try to swing a 15lbs hammer with a 6" handle. Even though the 10lbs hammer is lighter it will require more effort(energy) to swing due to location of the concentrated mass being further away from the source of power it will require more energy/power then the 15lbs hammer.

But it is a moot point, the wheels look fantastic, and I highly doubt people who buy these will be pushing the car to the limits where these very subtle differences will matter.
thanks for the lesson I, and I'm sure Ron, fully understand that bigger wheels are inherently at a disadvantage compared to a smaller one. The fact that the wheel are lighter than stock means they're less than 21lbs, where as 19" multipiece often are heavier than our stock wheels, its just a reference, not performance comparison with the OEM wheels.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:11 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by xizor
thanks for the lesson I, and I'm sure Ron, fully understand that bigger wheels are inherently at a disadvantage compared to a smaller one. The fact that the wheel are lighter than stock means they're less than 21lbs, where as 19" multipiece often are heavier than our stock wheels, its just a reference, not performance comparison with the OEM wheels.

HUH???

in all the excitment, i forgot to weigh them, but they are def lighter than stock, even the 19" x 8.5" with 245/35/19 tire is lighter than the 17"x7" with 215/50/17 tire, you can feel the difference by hand. most of the weight is in the rivets that hold the wheel together
I made my statements based on THAT post, then you bring up the points of other 19" multi-piece wheels, which has NOTHING to do with anything anyone else said. Who, besides yourself, is talking about the weight of other 19" multi-piece wheels?

Now, as I stated before just because they are lighter does not mean they will perform better, that's ALL I was saying. You led me to believe that you actually cared why- I guess I was wrong. So how about those other 19" 3 piece wheels?
Old 05-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

HUH???

I made my statements based on THAT post, then you bring up the points of other 19" multi-piece wheels, which has NOTHING to do with anything anyone else said. Who, besides yourself, is talking about the weight of other 19" multi-piece wheels?

Now, as I stated before just because they are lighter does not mean they will perform better, that's ALL I was saying. You led me to believe that you actually cared why- I guess I was wrong. So how about those other 19" 3 piece wheels?
sigh. posts on forums often go on misunderstood.

xizor is fully aware of the drawbacks of larger lightweight wheels. but it's better than a heavy lightweight wheel

plus forged wheels are alot stronger than their cast counterparts.

the ron jon devotions are three piece forged wheels, that's what he is referring to.

see you in sema xizor