Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
New UCC Damper Kit from Fastline Performance for TSX/TL/Accord

Full news release here:
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/support/i...news&newsid=10

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
We see a hole in the market and we can fill the need!

We have named this kit the UCC Damper Kit, taking its name from the first letter of the three chassis on which this kit will work (UA6, CL9, and CM).

When considering the 1st gen TSX and 3rd gen TL communities are filled with people on lowered or performance suspension parts, it is hard to think that there would be a hole in the suspension market for these cars. But given our extensive experience supplying these communities Heeltoe Automotive has noticed the perfect setup really does not exist. We have compiled enough data make our own kit design that we believe will capitalize on the needs of the market.

From the 1G TSX / JDM & European Accord (CL7 & CL9) Perspective:
There are a wide variety of suspension kits available for the TSX, but none seem to hit a certain demographic of the market. This is the section that wants aggressive lowering and enhanced performance without a high cost. The Tein SS is a popular kit for this car although it is unable to lower aggressively enough for some customers. The Buddy Club N+ is certainly an excellent alternative providing the lowering range and range of dampening adjustment many people want, however this kit is hampered by its inability to be rebuilt and is too softly sprung to be a higher performance system. The Tein FLEX is firmly sprung enough for track use, has full length adjustment for maximum lowering, but we find that majority of our customers don't go to the track and find this kit is too costly at $1700+ MSRP. Likewise we have had a few customers looking for uprated performance over the A-Spec suspension without any additional lowering. So we have essentially taken a SS kit and FLEX kit and kept the good stuff, trimmed the fat, and made what we believe to be the best compromise. We have uprated spring rates and eliminated the pillow mounts. For the street, TL Type-S bushings in the top mount provide a direct linear feel without the cost of upper pillow mounts. We have also concurrently developed an adapter kit for installing the EDFC on TSX suspensions. The spring rates on this kit will be 12kg front and 6 kg rear, which both are softer than the existing FLEX kit for the TSX and the front is slightly firmer than the SS for the TSX. The damper valving will be set one tick firmer than what it would normally be with these rates to provide better body control at softer settings and allow the option for spring firmness increases without the need to revalve. The full length adjustment will also allow spring preloading for a wider range of tuning options not seen on the SS. A minimum height drop of .75" and a maximum drop of 4" provides and unprecedented adjustment range. Overall the goal is enhanced performance with minimal compromise in ride height needs and sporty street ride at a reasonable cost! If ever there was a possibility of attaining M3 levels of street performance this kit would achieve it.

Tech Data:
Spring Rates: 12kg front, 6 kg rear
Damper Type: Twin tube
Rebuildable: Yes
Customizable damper valving: Yes
Full Length Adjustment: Yes
Upper mount: OEM with optional Type-S Bushings
Min Lowering: .75in/.75in
Max Lowering: 4in/3in
Cost $1349, + forum discounts if any, includes continental USA shipping.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Haha, for real? No replies at all?
Old 08-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is possible exactly what im looking for!! ive been searching for a while and i might give these a try...are u selling them on your site yet??
Old 08-27-2009, 09:35 AM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Question:

It looks like in the picture on your website these are tein dampers? So would this just be a customized tein set up? In fact the image is directly from tein's website, would this be the kit you're offering or an "artist representation"?

The other question is I have seen you in multiple posts bash on companies like Ksport D2 etc... and I am not agreeing or disagreeing with your statements however; this coilover kit sits in that price range and we have all heard "you get what you pay for" how do we know this is a quality kit?

If this is a customized tein set up as the pics suggest what is the warranty? Is it a tein warranty or a heeltoe warranty?

Last but not least, if you need to have them rebuilt who handles that?

Old 08-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Former Sponsor

This is a private label venture. We have done this with Tein before on a Medieval-Pro damper for the 84-87 Civic/CRX and it worked out really well. The kit we are looking to make is produced by Tein to our custom specifications for lengths, fitment, and valving.

Versus the BC private label brands you are mentioning...technically speaking line per line those coilovers have more features than this kit does. And AFAIK this kit still costs more. Not that that is something to brag about, but we have designed and priced this kit where we feel it fits a hole in the market. This kit costs more than an SS kit, which I believe is much more than a BC private label damper kit demands. We are not looking at those kits as competition to us...we are more upmarket. I am not sure I understand the point to the question though. Simply stating "you get what you pay for" is not an adequate statement to sum up a production. "What you get" has to include some sort of factory support and knowledge of adequate design and engineering. K Sport, D2, Megan et al buy their systems off the shelf, slap a new sticker, and call it a new part. I am sure my past ravings would have mentioned that. We are designing the layout here to create a truly unique kit unavailable in a different color. Since we are doing this, buying in bulk, and operating under lower overhead than Tein we are able price competitively. If I were simply taking an SS kit, repainting it, maybe changing the springs, and shipping it as a FLP part I could see some hipocracy in that. But I think we are doing something more than that here.

The warranty and quality will be the same as Tein offers. You will go through us for labor and warranty and we contract with Tein to service the parts just the same as you would if you bought a Tein branded product. They have special tools that we do not have access to when it comes to the internal work.

For a little more background on our past vertures with Tein check this thread out. This kit was designed FROM THE GROUND UP by ME and Tein engineer Nakai at TEIN USA on my personal car (at the time).

http://heeltoeauto.com/httech/YaBB.p...1180828940/0#1

Check back later today as the domain where the pics are at is being moved around.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Former Sponsor

There is no actual pic of the kit we have going yet, the one we posted is similar in concept to what we are making but for a different car.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:31 AM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
^^thanks for those answers!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Sure thing, thanks for asking!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Instructor

will these be available for 06 accord coupe, my friend has one and wanted to know. thanks
Old 08-27-2009, 01:49 PM
初めまして

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CL9K24NJ
will these be available for 06 accord coupe, my friend has one and wanted to know. thanks
it depends if the coupe is 4 or 6 cyl.

If you check the site, it's recommended that for 4cyl, they should go with the TSX CL7/CL9 kit.

If the latter, then he/she should opt for the TL kit; this is due to the weight difference b/w the cars.

I would verify with Marcus on this one, but i think that sums it up

hey Marcus, i would be on board on this one, but hospitalization and funeral cost a lot.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:51 PM
7th Gear

I have a 2006 Accord Coupe ex-l navi 4cyl. How much (including 5% forum discount) will it be shipped to 07006? When will kit be available? What are your warranty specs, if any? Thanks.

-bmt
Old 08-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Actually, and hold on for this, we are making one kit that fits ALL the cars...UA6, CL9, CM. UCC.

The notes for a TSX and a TL are different but the improvements discussed are only different because the cars are different! The kit is the same kit.

So accords fall in between the two notes...4 cyl is going to lean more to the TSX side, the V6 is going to lean more to the TL side.