Neuspeed konis and Neuspeed Sport springs installed - pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neuspeed konis and Neuspeed Sport springs installed - pics

Here are some pics of my ride since lowering. Only catch is this... Koni forgot to include the parts I needed to install the rear shocks so currently the rear has the Neuspeed sports on stock struts (also installed ingalls camber kit) Front is complete though and set at the middle perch on the shocks. Koni sent out the parts I needed that were missing so this week I am installing the shocks set one perch down from middle to even it out.

Hopefully they will settle a little more in time. If not, I can always drop it another 1/4 on the next perch down. The car handles e x c e l l e n t even with the stock struts. Can only get better once the rears are replaced.

Please excuse my dirty car...washing it tomorrow.

Before

After

Old 05-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good Jack. I would also highly recommend a rear anti-sway bar like a Comptech or Progress. It will noticeably improve your handling with little if any change in ride quality.

Go with Progress if you plan on adding an aftermarket exhaust as some have had clearance issues when installing both an aftermarket exhaust and a Comptech rear bar.

So, what's next? Rims?
Old 05-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Burning Brakes

si the drop same front and back?
and price is 599?.......
how's the ride quality?
Old 05-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Slippy maybe...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good!

Did you order the springs and shocks as the Super Cup Kit or did you have to order separately and pay more? I know some fellow AZine members said they called and were able to order the Super Cup Kit with the Sport springs instead of the Race, but I noticed that the Neuspeed site now says under Notes: "No substitutions allowed for this kit."
Old 05-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Instructor

Thanks AZ, I am really happy with it. I actually do have the Comptech RSB on there now and I love it. I didn't think it would do much but I had it on with the stock suspension and it made a world of difference when cornering hard. I would love to get some rims but for now my wife says no, lol. I just bought a Les Paul guitar recently and lowered the car... I am done for the year, haha. But when the time comes, I actually like the way Rota Torques look on the car in 18"...that or the PIAA supermesh are sweet too.

kyotousa: Well the drop is not quite even now since I am still on the stock shocks in the back (sits a little higher in the back) but once I install the Konis in the back, it should be pretty even. Ride quality is just like stock, except when you rip around a corner, the car just digs in better and there is alot less body roll.

ryanhook: I did actually order the cup kit and subbed the sports in for the race. Shipped to my door for $599. All you have to do is call and ask them to do it. That no substitutions post was on the website when I called too but they still subbed the sports in anyway.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Slippy maybe...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jackacc
ryanhook: I did actually order the cup kit and subbed the sports in for the race. Shipped to my door for $599. All you have to do is call and ask them to do it. That no substitutions post was on the website when I called too but they still subbed the sports in anyway.
Awesome. Thanks jackacc!
Old 05-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Professional Newbie

suspension looks good , but you gotta do something about those swirl marks, I'd say a day of waxing is a necessity at this point. Get yourself some Zaino!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:17 AM
Advanced

Nice JACK! I get the same set up installed on Monday. Jack recommended I call Neuspeed and swap the sport springs for the race springs in the cup kit and after a little hesitation they did it for me! You may have to beg to be as lucky as Jack and I now...$599, yes!
Congrats again, Jack, Is your car AT or MT? I plan on goin 1 perch lower in the front and 2 in the Back on my MT. I want to have an EVEN look. Jack, I hope they didn't forget to put the same parts in my cupkit...anything I need to look for in the boxes before I bring the car in on Monday?

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on how low I should go on the perch settings for the Koni Yellows. I want the car to have an EVEN look when dropped.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Burning Brakes

isn't it +/- 0.5 inches
so you guys got the 2.2 drop?......pretty damn low

thx for the post tho

btw why you guys need to swap?
supercup
Old 05-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Burning Brakes

i'd like to see an even drop pic....
if you guys have time please post...thx
Old 05-07-2006, 09:25 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by FRANTSX
Congrats again, Jack, Is your car AT or MT? I plan on goin 1 perch lower in the front and 2 in the Back on my MT. I want to have an EVEN look. Jack, I hope they didn't forget to put the same parts in my cupkit...anything I need to look for in the boxes before I bring the car in on Monday?

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on how low I should go on the perch settings for the Koni Yellows. I want the car to have an EVEN look when dropped.
I have MT. Yeah I am curious to see how yours turns out on the lowest perch in the back and 1 down up front. I may actually windup doing the same thing in the future depending on how mine settles.

Definately double check the boxes to make sure you have all the parts you need. I was missing the sleeves and the bolts for the rear shocks and one bolt for the front shock.

You will definately have an even drop. Like I said, the only reason mine is a little higher in the rear now is because I am still on the stock shocks in the back. With the konis installed and setting the rear perch set one lower than the front, it will be perfect. I can't wait to see pics when you get it installed.

Here is a thread with tons of great information for the install:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...light=neuspeed
Old 05-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by jackacc
I have MT. Yeah I am curious to see how yours turns out on the lowest perch in the back and 1 down up front. I may actually windup doing the same thing in the future depending on how mine settles.

Definately double check the boxes to make sure you have all the parts you need. I was missing the sleeves and the bolts for the rear shocks and one bolt for the front shock.

You will definately have an even drop. Like I said, the only reason mine is a little higher in the rear now is because I am still on the stock shocks in the back. With the konis installed and setting the rear perch set one lower than the front, it will be perfect. I can't wait to see pics when you get it installed.

Here is a thread with tons of great information for the install:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...light=neuspeed

Jack, now that I think about it again, I think I'll just go neutral in the front and then 1 lower in the back. I like the drop on your fronts. That seems enough for me. Do you know how much gap you have left? Did you set your shocks at the softest setting? You said it feels basically like stock, right?
How low does each perch setting go and how many settings are there on each shock again?

Thanks for the info!
Old 05-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Instructor

I have about a 2 finger gap in the front and once I install the koni's in the back I expect the same, maybe a hair more. Each perch setting lowers the car 1/4 inch so you can lower or raise the car a total of a half inch up or down from stock.

I adjusted my shocks right in the middle as per recommendation from AlterZgo and Virtualbong. This gives a near stock ride. I turned the adjustment knob all the way to the right, then 1 full 360 degree turn to the left on all 4 shocks. Even though I only have the front konis on now, I can still feel a difference in handliing around tight turns...it handles like it is on rails, yet it only tightens up when you really push it.

The springs will probably settle a little bit more too so I am hoping I will get a little lower once things are broken in.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Advanced

Jack,

Any picks of your drop after you installed the rear Koni's?

I'm thinking of going a perch higher on my fronts (to neutral) and back (to 1 perch below neutral). Like yours and Virtualbong. Just don't wanna be too low even though it looks ok. It seems that my front is jus a tad too low compared to my backs. Or should I leave the back at lowest setting and just raise the front one perch. Your thought?
Old 05-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by FRANTSX
Jack,

Any picks of your drop after you installed the rear Koni's?

I'm thinking of going a perch higher on my fronts (to neutral) and back (to 1 perch below neutral). Like yours and Virtualbong. Just don't wanna be too low even though it looks ok. It seems that my front is jus a tad too low compared to my backs. Or should I leave the back at lowest setting and just raise the front one perch. Your thought?
Actually, koni JUST sent me my replacement parts, arrived on Monday...someone screwed up over there and forgot to send the parts bag out when they said they would.

I probably won't have time to swap in the new shocks until next week sometime, I have been super busy at work, but I will get pics up the minute they are on!

I think your car looks great but raising it up one click would look good as well, just like Virtualbong's. Your springs will settle in a little bit too so you may even wind u pbeing a little bit lower.