Comptech RSB vs Progress RSB - Has anyone used both?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 09:25 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comptech RSB vs Progress RSB - Has anyone used both?

Currently have the Comptech, but looking to eventually switch out to the Progress to accomodate a new catback down the road... Has anyone had experience at using both? I'd like to get some impressions on the differences in "feel", which I know is a very subjective term. I guess it's really more curiosity than anything else. I have no intention of picking up the Comptech exhaust, and no one seems to have found a solution for using the CT sway with an aftermarket exhaust (without using a blowtorch to put "dimples" in the exhaust), so I'll inevitably have to swap out. I would assume that forum members have been mounting their RSBs on the firmest setting.

PLEASE no comments on how much you like the RSB, and how much it improved your ride... I'm looking specifically for comments on a comparison of the two, or for feasible ways to use a CT sway with an aftermarket exhaust. If it makes a difference, I'm interested in the 2 Tanabe kits (SMH and Medallion Touring).
Old 11-30-2005, 09:29 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Btw... I did do a search, but the threads that compared the 2 related to the use of poly bushings.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:44 PM
iVTEC no koe

Originally Posted by JTso
I have the Progress to replace the Comptech. It works better with my Tanabe exhaust by providing more clearance around the pipe area.
Also, this thread might help:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24957
Old 11-30-2005, 10:23 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Thanks Horro... I've actually read that thread, and have PM'd with Johnny about it. I just wanted to see if anyone else had any opinions/experience...
Old 12-01-2005, 01:17 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by amadeus303
Currently have the Comptech, but looking to eventually switch out to the Progress to accomodate a new catback down the road... Has anyone had experience at using both? I'd like to get some impressions on the differences in "feel", which I know is a very subjective term. I guess it's really more curiosity than anything else. I have no intention of picking up the Comptech exhaust, and no one seems to have found a solution for using the CT sway with an aftermarket exhaust (without using a blowtorch to put "dimples" in the exhaust), so I'll inevitably have to swap out. I would assume that forum members have been mounting their RSBs on the firmest setting.

PLEASE no comments on how much you like the RSB, and how much it improved your ride... I'm looking specifically for comments on a comparison of the two, or for feasible ways to use a CT sway with an aftermarket exhaust. If it makes a difference, I'm interested in the 2 Tanabe kits (SMH and Medallion Touring).
I have used both, currently have Progress, and there is absolutely no difference in feel between the two (my Progress is on stiffest setting)
Old 12-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Advanced

Mike-

You can have mine. I'm not going to mod my car for auto-x. It's still brand new in the box.

Ben
Old 12-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Got Milk???

This past weekend I installed my Progress Sway Bar, and I noticed something extra on the Progress bar. The 2 places where you put on the poly bushings have 2 divider/stoppers on the progress bar, and not on the comptech bar. I wonder if that will help with performance at all? The other thing is, progress and comptech have different curves on the bars, will that change the performance too?

KC
Old 12-02-2005, 11:41 AM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by kaikai114
This past weekend I installed my Progress Sway Bar, and I noticed something extra on the Progress bar. The 2 places where you put on the poly bushings have 2 divider/stoppers on the progress bar, and not on the comptech bar. I wonder if that will help with performance at all? The other thing is, progress and comptech have different curves on the bars, will that change the performance too?

KC
Those divider/stoppers are there to prevent the bar from shifting side to side. Usually, less bends equals stronger bar. The straighter the better...like my custom rear swaybar on the Prelude.

Old 12-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Got Milk???

Originally Posted by vwong
Those divider/stoppers are there to prevent the bar from shifting side to side. Usually, less bends equals stronger bar. The straighter the better...like my custom rear swaybar on the Prelude.

man you got me there, for a few seconds I was like... that doesnt look much like the TSX, crap did I do something wrong? then i saw what you wrote LOL

oh yea, I fixed that suspension creaking noise that day at the meet, turned out my SPC camber kit wasnt greased up properly, noise went away after some grease

so with the divider/stoppers, does that mean the Progress bar should perform slightly better than Comptech ones?

-KC
Old 12-02-2005, 12:09 PM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by kaikai114
so with the divider/stoppers, does that mean the Progress bar should perform slightly better than Comptech ones?
The stoppers are only for preventing the bar from shifting side to side. There is nothing to do with how the bar performs. Some bars are designed such that the bends are immediately passed the bushings. Therefore no need for the stoppers. The OEM bar is an example of this design, and I think the Comptech is like that too since the bends in the Comptech look just like those in the OEM bar.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The stoppers are only for preventing the bar from shifting side to side. There is nothing to do with how the bar performs. Some bars are designed such that the bends are immediately passed the bushings. Therefore no need for the stoppers. The OEM bar is an example of this design, and I think the Comptech is like that too since the bends in the Comptech look just like those in the OEM bar.
I can confirm since I have the Comptech RSB on and noticed this.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Got Milk???

cool, thanks for clearing that up for me.