Buddy Club Racing Spec installed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Need more room in

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Buddy Club Racing Spec installed!

That has got to be my worst experience driving the tsx .. ever!
My alignment is ****ed, until I go to the shop tomorrow, took me 1hr to drive 15 miles, squeet skirting at 20mph, old hags staring me down as they pass me by, but..
onto the good stuff

^sidewalk view

I think im gonna raise it .5", i'm rubbing on full turns :\..
i really need that alignment BAD...

got a appt for an alignment after school tomorrow, until then!

now i get to pull an all nighter writing a 6pg paper. toodles
Old 02-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Midwest TSXer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Take off the mud flaps You will find that you will rub alot less, otherwise it looks nice and low
Old 02-28-2008, 03:10 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol... Your thread again...

I think you should go to another mechanic shop to double check, like what I said in another forum, somethings not right?

BTW: I have BuddyClub Racing Spec Damper too, I have alignment done previously on my TEIN Basic but not on my current setup. I also have the rear camber kit, and my toe camber does not looks like yours...
Old 02-28-2008, 04:55 PM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
firestone... life time alignments ;-) lol
Old 02-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Need more room in

everythings fixed, turns out we forgot to put in one of the arms from the camber kit =O!

I ended up driving 8 more miles like this to the alignment shop, they put in the arm, and aligned it for 90 bucks

i'll have some pics up later
Old 02-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
... wow.

I don't mean to be unduly harsh here, but maybe you shouldn't be doing your own work.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wong05tsx
everythings fixed, turns out we forgot to put in one of the arms from the camber kit =O!

I ended up driving 8 more miles like this to the alignment shop, they put in the arm, and aligned it for 90 bucks

i'll have some pics up later

now you know....

...and knowing is half the battle! Post some daytime pics! and what rims do you plan on getting? Did you have the shop raise it a bit too?
Old 02-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Need more room in

I didn't raise it, they wanted to charge an extra 50 for it since they would've had to take off the wheels. if I did i was only looking to raise about 1/2", which wouldnt make too much of a difference. I'm not longer rubbing, i can do full turns with authority . I'm fine with the way it is right now, I was just concerned about potholes, which isn't much of a problem, went over one intentionally just to see what would happen, no problems whatsoever. I'll definately post up a better review as I get more familiar with it, only drove it for 5-10 minutes so far.

I took a few pics, but im not at home so I can't upload them yet.

I'm planning to get the AME Tracer FS-01 wheels in Hypersilver, but I'm kind of having doubts that Ill be able to save up that much money. If all goes well, I should have them by summer

and Tron, I wanted to do it instead of a shop, so that I know how everythign works. I didn't want to pay someone to put something in, and not knowing how the hell it went in. I only paid 30$ extra for the mistake, which wasn't too big since I only drove about 15 miles like that. Although it was pretty scary
Old 02-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Need more room in

Here's the alignment results
and some daytime pix... alot of daytime pix

Some is just from my camera phone, others from my cheap point n shoot

^stock rear

from ground looking up:

oh, and i found out i do still rub, but only when i turn about 90% fully
Old 02-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Here to poke fun at you!

yess very nice and low
Old 02-29-2008, 08:17 AM
J M U ... DUUUKEESSSS

Received 266 Likes on 131 Posts
AME Tracer FS-01 are some nice rims ...
Old 02-29-2008, 08:18 AM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Slammed. Loving it. You may need to raise the car if you put on a bodykit (that, or just drive ultra-carfeully).

Can't wait to post my own dropped pics. March 15th baby! Excelerate, here I come.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:06 AM
ASM 3G TL Type-S

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I would personally put it a couple notches higher, especially if it was my daily driver I dislike how it’s sitting so low, I would'int be able to move in snow.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Advanced

Looks great - I had my TSX a little lower than that for a bit but I was sick of having to drive into parking lots at angles all the time

BTW, you should buy my old Advans :lol:
Old 02-29-2008, 09:44 AM
boost owns

Originally Posted by GTSX-05
I would personally put it a couple notches higher, especially if it was my daily driver I dislike how it’s sitting so low, I would'int be able to move in snow.
That's why you raise it a bit for the winter season and slam it like that again in the spring and summer. Hooray coilovers!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Need more room in

^My thinking exactly! haha
Old 02-29-2008, 11:12 AM
boost owns

You live in California, you don't have winter.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Instructor

How's the feel in terms of stiffness?
Old 02-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Need more room in

bumps are more noticable, but the ride overall is smoother. I'll have a more in depth review as I get use to driving this.

As for the rubbing, Inkedup from the "other" tsx site actually pushed the fender liner up a little bit to get rid of the rubbing issue, I think I'll try this. It's just three clips, pop those off, and push the liner up. I'll do it tonight, right now I'm only getting a little bit of rub, and is mostly on right turns, i'm guessing maybe my right is .xxxx" lower than my left, which is causing this.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:46 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

I hope you like the BC RSD now. With proper damper setup, it's the best in the world... I love mine.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:29 AM
Intermediate

Thumbs up

bumps are more noticable, but the ride overall is smoother. I'll have a more in depth review as I get use to driving this.

As for the rubbing, Inkedup from the "other" tsx site actually pushed the fender liner up a little bit to get rid of the rubbing issue, I think I'll try this. It's just three clips, pop those off, and push the liner up. I'll do it tonight, right now I'm only getting a little bit of rub, and is mostly on right turns, i'm guessing maybe my right is .xxxx" lower than my left, which is causing this.
Make sure the "spring pre-load" are right.

Front-200mm
Rear- 240mm

then the high adjustment will be right

Buddy Club Racing spec Damper
Old 03-01-2008, 04:41 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Originally Posted by RBC_K24
Make sure the "spring pre-load" are right.

Front-200mm
Rear- 240mm

then the high adjustment will be right

Buddy Club Racing spec Damper
I doubt he will touch the spring pre-load... unless it's a used setup and the previous owner had changed it...

BTW: PMed back
Old 03-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Need more room in

After playing with the dampner settings for another day, I think I found the sweet spot, I've got the front set to 7/15, and the rears at 9/15. In comparison to stock, I can feel more bumps, but the ride overall is smoother. It absorbs little bumps better, but bigger bumps are more profound.

Furthermore, I only rub on my right wheel usually; I ended up driving around to look for the flattest surface, parked there, measured my fronts, and sure enough, my front right is 2cm lower than my front left, which is what I'm guessing is causing the rubbing. I have no problems with left turns but I rub occassionally on right turns. I'll be raising the right 2cm on thursday, and hopefully it will cure the problem.

The change in look of the car is definately the best part about it, car looks alot meaner, and much more of an eye-turner [although that may not be good for cops!]. It feels good to pull up next to a stock car, and i'm only up to their side mirrors.

Speed bumps arn't too bad actually, but I think it will when I get a front lip. I could go over an average size speed bump without barely going sideways.

Definately a happy customer of the Buddy Club RSD's. I still owe HongDa 500 bucks for it though! :x
Old 03-03-2008, 01:53 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

After playing with the dampner settings for another day, I think I found the sweet spot, I've got the front set to 7/15, and the rears at 9/15. In comparison to stock, I can feel more bumps, but the ride overall is smoother. It absorbs little bumps better, but bigger bumps are more profound.

Furthermore, I only rub on my right wheel usually; I ended up driving around to look for the flattest surface, parked there, measured my fronts, and sure enough, my front right is 2cm lower than my front left, which is what I'm guessing is causing the rubbing. I have no problems with left turns but I rub occassionally on right turns. I'll be raising the right 2cm on thursday, and hopefully it will cure the problem.
So the differences on both side is 2cm? Should measure it before leaving the shop.

When you said 7/15 for front, and 9/15 fore rear; do you mean your front is softer, and the rear is stiffer? I found that I can throw whatever stiffness to the front and it will eat it, however, the rear pair are very sensitive. I do have Progress RSB and Cusco Lower Arm Brace II under the chassis, but I doubt those will make my car alot stiffer.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:10 PM
08 MDX with Sports

I love the drop but those oem mud-flaps are killing me to look at..
Old 03-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Burning Brakes

you are truly... slammed
Old 03-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Need more room in

Oh yeah, also, today I had my first incident of X-treme scraping. Damn san fran roads... since there was so much traffic, i decided to go through one of those small one-way side streets... boy was it an mistake. it was on a hill, when i got to the top, it, the road literally changed from / to flat - instantly, between the front mud flap and the rear wheel is where all the scrapping happened. good thing you can't tell unless you're looking under the car! =X... i'm never taking side streets in the hills ever again..

Originally Posted by chuson
So the differences on both side is 2cm? Should measure it before leaving the shop.

When you said 7/15 for front, and 9/15 fore rear; do you mean your front is softer, and the rear is stiffer? I found that I can throw whatever stiffness to the front and it will eat it, however, the rear pair are very sensitive. I do have Progress RSB and Cusco Lower Arm Brace II under the chassis, but I doubt those will make my car alot stiffer.

I was pretty sure they were the same on both sides, we used a stick to measure. when setting the height before putting it in, we put the stick between the top and bottom turning thing, and just lowered it till it hit the stick. i'm guessing the front right is only lower by maybe half a turn to 1 turn, which probably happened while tightening the thing. such a small change shouldn't affect the alignment though, it's seriously probably half a turn to 1 turn at the most

edit:
yeah my front is softer than the front. was talking to my friend for a whole who goes to UTI (car tech school) and he took a suspension class. said for FWD cars, for a more comfortable ride, set the front one or two clicks softer than the rear since most of the weight distribution goes to the front when breaking. thats about all i remember him telling me, something about you want the rear to always be on the ground in for the rears, so set it a little stiffer than the front

Originally Posted by Newplay1
I love the drop but those oem mud-flaps are killing me to look at..
I was actually planning to take them off when I was rolling my fender liner up, but I can't get to one of the bolts in the rear without taking the wheel off, so I guess they're gonna stay on until the next time I take the wheel off
Old 03-04-2008, 01:10 AM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Audioserf
You live in California, you don't have winter.
I guess you haven't been to Cali before. They got the biggest bumps in the world. Not only that, entering a any plaza is a bitch.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:13 AM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

I think your ride is way too slammed. One finger gap all around is just perfect.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:19 AM
Need more room in

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
I think your ride is way too slammed. One finger gap all around is just perfect.
I think it's too slammed when I can't turn

It's perfect, I'm going to keep it this way until winter, in which I'll probably raise it to 1 finger gap for the rainy seasons
Old 03-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Instructor

How stiff is the ride now?
Old 03-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Need more room in

its not bad at all, id say its more comfortable than stock, except when going over potholes and big bumps. i'm actually going to make it softer in a few days since i'm not really an aggresive driver
Old 03-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Need more room in

i raised the front today a little less than a quarter inch, boy was it a difference, i can now make full u-turns when i'm in the car by myself without any rubbing, instead of 5-point-u-turns. I am much more confident when driving the car now.

Also, I took the car for a test drive after the raise since there was no more rubbing, on Redwood Road, about a 15mile backroad, lots of twist and turns. It's got to be the most enjoyable drive ever. It was a 30mph zone, on turns that I can see the other side (if cars are coming or whatnot), i hit the turns at 50-55mph, with full control, never once feeling like the car will slip. The turns are comfortable. Unlike stock turns, where it would throw your body to the opposite side of the car you turn, my body was almost stable the entire turn. Ride was smooth, very smooth. The only other suspension mod that I have is a comptech rear sway, fyi.

It's almost as if I'm driving a brand new car again. I love it!
Old 03-05-2008, 02:47 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

edit:
yeah my front is softer than the REAR. was talking to my friend for a whole who goes to UTI (car tech school) and he took a suspension class. said for FWD cars, for a more comfortable ride, set the front one or two clicks softer than the rear since most of the weight distribution goes to the front when breaking. thats about all i remember him telling me, something about you want the rear to always be on the ground in for the rears, so set it a little stiffer than the front
Yeh, that's what I heard too. Softer = Better traction anyways for the front wheels.

Also, I took the car for a test drive after the raise since there was no more rubbing, on Redwood Road, about a 15mile backroad, lots of twist and turns. It's got to be the most enjoyable drive ever. It was a 30mph zone, on turns that I can see the other side (if cars are coming or whatnot), i hit the turns at 50-55mph, with full control, never once feeling like the car will slip. The turns are comfortable. Unlike stock turns, where it would throw your body to the opposite side of the car you turn, my body was almost stable the entire turn. Ride was smooth, very smooth. The only other suspension mod that I have is a comptech rear sway, fyi.

It's almost as if I'm driving a brand new car again. I love it!
See, I told you if you don't mind the stiffness (over the pothole, un-even road); you will see the reward, and love it~!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Intermediate

When you drive on bumpy roads do the mud flaps touch the ground? REALLY LOW
Old 04-08-2009, 02:22 AM
Racer

damn nice and low beo. i see i messed the bumper already.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:54 PM
5th Gear

I would like to get some Tein basics but I am concerned about the "performance" aspect. With that tight of a clearance does the top of the tire scrub the fender during higher speed cornering? I like to drive out to the Mt st helens park with a few Evo's and STI's during the summer and there are a lot of tight corners with large bumps midway which sometimes even cause cars to come off the ground just a tiny bit.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Need more room in

holy ressurection

Tire/wheel size/ride height are the variables we have to look at to give you an answer
Old 05-07-2009, 05:07 AM
5th Gear

my bad i assumed you guys knew i meant with the stock tires :P