TSX 6speed vs. 95' Maxima I/E manual

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Special-K

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TSX 6speed vs. 95' Maxima I/E manual

I was in Philly at the street races with some friends...we were hangin out waitin for some cars to come around the corner to start some races..so while waiting a Maxima was parked on the side of me and the guy who was driving it was a friend of my friend. So my friend asked him if he wanted to run with me and he said yes but asked what i had done to my car i told him i was stock..i didnt care what he had.. his exhuast was obvious but after he started his engine he reved the engine and then the intake was obvious..( sound really strong) i had a really nice launch and stayed ahead throughout..i beat him by a car and a half.

At this site here are videos of my car accelerating..and me getting flamed for having a TSX..

Click here to see TSX in action!

video 1 and video 3 are really good..enjoy
Old 03-08-2005, 11:02 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Whats the flaming for?
Old 03-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Special-K

Originally Posted by domn
Whats the flaming for?
Its about who's faster, Corolla XRS or Acura TSX?...the one guy with a Corolla XRS posted an acceleration video and then said he stomp a TSX at those exact speeds..so i made a couple videos just to show that he wouldnt "stomp" a damn thing!..lol. And he was in his car alone and i had a 180+ person in mine and the videos look simular
Old 03-08-2005, 11:30 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by PrecyseStylez
Its about who's faster, Corolla XRS or Acura TSX?...the one guy with a Corolla XRS posted an acceleration video and then said he stomp a TSX at those exact speeds..so i made a couple videos just to show that he wouldnt "stomp" a damn thing!..lol. And he was in his car alone and i had a 180+ person in mine and the videos look simular

You can't go around defending the TSX because in most cases you'll lose the argument and the race. The TSX is not a fast car. And even if the XRS is faster :whocares: its still a Corolla.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Special-K

You can't go around defending the TSX because in most cases you'll lose the argument and the race. The TSX is not a fast car. And even if the XRS is faster :whocares: its still a Corolla.
Its bigger than that..i use to have a Matrix XRS (182WHP) and i got in an accident and totalled it..so i went car shopping and test drove a Corolla XRS before i got my TSX..i got the TSX for more reasons other than power..but the Corolla XRS didnt feel anywhere as fast as the TSX..Lift for that car kicks in at over 6,500rpms..and everything before that is just so damn weak..So i have driven both cars..the TSX isnt that fast but the XRS isnt either..so its argumentative (to me atleast)
Old 03-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whats that noise after u shift in the 3rd vid? it sounds like somethings rocking or something? are you shifting that hard that stuffs jerking around?
Old 03-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I was in Philly at the street races with some friends...we were hangin out waitin for some cars to come around the corner to start some races..so while waiting a Maxima was parked on the side of me and the guy who was driving it was a friend of my friend. So my friend asked him if he wanted to run with me and he said yes but asked what i had done to my car i told him i was stock..i didnt care what he had.. his exhuast was obvious but after he started his engine he reved the engine and then the intake was obvious..( sound really strong) i had a really nice launch and stayed ahead throughout..i beat him by a car and a half.
Nice kill.

I killed one MT Maxima as well. I was surprised at how little guts it had.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Special-K

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed2102
whats that noise after u shift in the 3rd vid? it sounds like somethings rocking or something? are you shifting that hard that stuffs jerking around?
lol..that was my keys..about 7 on the key ring..i have 2 rings on 1 key ring..they shake reguardless, even when i make turns
Old 03-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Master Graphic Artist

[QUOTE=PrecyseStylez]lol..that was my keys..about 7 on the key ring..i have 2 rings on 1 key ring..they shake reguardless, even when i make turns[/QUOTE

Yeah I was wondering what that sound was too. Looks like me driving on the highway when I get rev happy, too bad whenever I shift redline for 3-4 gears I can watch my gas drop....
Old 03-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

tell me about it, gas is going up here, so i drive alot less lower in the revs and i tend to glide alot more....
Old 03-09-2005, 08:56 PM
UK Spec

SRT4 is a fast car, but it's still has no 4 power windows
Old 03-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Cruisin'

I will just be realistic and not being biased in favor of one or the other.

170 HP (159 whp stock and 162 whp with an Injen CAI at toyotanation.com) for a 2650 lbs car with close ratio 6 speed is a quite a lot of power, but 200 hp (170 whp on temple of VTEC) with close ratio 6 speed for a 3320 lbs is nothing exceptional ( I will put up the dynos tonight for both cars and you can see how powerful Rolla XRS gets above 6000 rpm and peak torque happening twice at 4400 rpm and 6800 rpm). TSX is a family sedan with loads of standard features and entry level luxury and some sportiness while XRS is a compact sport sedan with Celica GT-S engine and transmission (GT-S puts out same power to the wheels). Yes, Celica GT-S and Corolla XRS is a driver's race despite GT-S being a tad lighter ( as proven in a race between me and my friend).

As for XRS being just a Corolla, yes it is just a Corolla, but it is loaded with 6 airbags, 6 speaker premium stereo system, all power options, leather steering, leather with chrome shifter, red on black eletronic optitron guages and 8 way adjustable seats (manual) with lexus refinement even when it revs at 8500 rpm. Atleast good enough to stand out in it's class, but still it is nowhere near as nice from the interior as the TSX. That is just reality.

As for racing, Yes, I have beaten a TSX twice in race from deadstop and on the highway. 0-60 was quite close and then I started pulling away in 3rd After 65 mph it was not even close. We will go to the race track this spring to do some autocrossing and see how we stack up against each other.

Both cars are different and made for different purposes. XRS is an affordable rather inexpensive compact sport sedan with a nice blend of many things while TSX is an entry level luxury mid size sedan with emphasis on the luxury features and comfort with some sportiness.

Just my two cents. Please feel free to flame me and call me a liar.

Originally Posted by NeoChaser
SRT4 is a fast car, but it's still has no 4 power windows
Old 03-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

sounds fiesty

i dunno i never liked the civic si's, xrs, any of those boxy coupe things. but thats just my opinion.

what kind of tsx were u racing
Old 03-10-2005, 08:36 PM
UK Spec

Originally Posted by RollaXRS

170 HP (159 whp stock and 162 whp with an Injen CAI at toyotanation.com) for a 2650 lbs car with close ratio 6 speed is a quite a lot of power, but 200 hp (170 whp on temple of VTEC) with close ratio 6 speed for a 3320 lbs is nothing exceptional ( I will put up the dynos tonight for both cars and you can see how powerful Rolla XRS gets above 6000 rpm and peak torque happening twice at 4400 rpm and 6800 rpm). TSX is a family sedan with loads of standard features and entry level luxury and some sportiness while XRS is a compact sport sedan with Celica GT-S engine and transmission (GT-S puts out same power to the wheels). Yes, Celica GT-S and Corolla XRS is a driver's race despite GT-S being a tad lighter ( as proven in a race between me and my friend).

As for XRS being just a Corolla, yes it is just a Corolla, but it is loaded with 6 airbags, 6 speaker premium stereo system, all power options, leather steering, leather with chrome shifter, red on black eletronic optitron guages and 8 way adjustable seats (manual) with lexus refinement even when it revs at 8500 rpm. Atleast good enough to stand out in it's class, but still it is nowhere near as nice from the interior as the TSX. That is just reality.

Both cars are different and made for different purposes. XRS is an affordable rather inexpensive compact sport sedan with a nice blend of many things while TSX is an entry level luxury mid size sedan with emphasis on the luxury features and comfort with some sportiness.

sure, i m sure many smart tsx members here know that TSX is never ment to be a
fast sedan anyways. it's just a big block for a 4 cyn that's all.. u want speed
u go get TL. wut u said is absolutely right and i can say, TSX is just another car
for another market for another purpose.... i posted that comment because
i don't see why people are so proud of own a less expensive (fast car) and beating
a (stock) more expensive car... if i own a ITR and beat a 325 bmw i won't really brag
cause there is nothing to be proud of as 325 is like a tsx, lexury sedan that is fun
to drive but not ment to be fast. i mean if u beat a car that u can't afford or wutever
makes u happy then be my guest, cause i don't see any other reason to be happy
about that kind of situation. that's just my 2 cent...

if u beat something in ur class, great! happy for u, if u beat something higher
than ur class then even better props to you! (given that they are the same
catagory, sports vs sports, family vs family)

btw wut was the point of quoting my post? i dind't see u make a comment about it?
Old 03-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Special-K

As for racing, Yes, I have beaten a TSX twice in race from deadstop and on the highway. 0-60 was quite close and then I started pulling away in 3rd After 65 mph it was not even close. We will go to the race track this spring to do some autocrossing and see how we stack up against each other.

Dyno's vary also..when i was getting my Matrix XRS dyno'd there was a GT-S there that they said dyno'd 154WHP stock on DynoJet. And how i see it..the Corolla is rated at 170hp while the GT-S is rated at 180hp..so i think u might fall into the 140WHP+ catagory?.. I'd rather look at both cars being equal in acceleration rather than one is faster than the other..its more of a drivers race than anything. Im not trying or am i gonna flame you, but i've been over this many times be4..i test drove the Corolla XRS when it first arrived at my dealer (2nd to drive it) the car didnt feel fast at all..not even in LIFT..just took too damn long to get there, and when u got there just felt like it was missing something..maybe it was because i was use to my Matrix XRS? When i went to drive my TSX (1st to drive it!!) it felt faster at every aspect downlow/uphigh/mid..but thats how "i felt" about it..i drove that XRS for like 30mins on the high and city streets..i was tryin to compare it to my Matrix at the time..i even posted it on MatrixOwners.com. I got the TSX for more than just speed..it was the overall value of the car..i even test drove a R32 before the TSX but the interior was missing something (NAVIGATION!!)..but i feel like im the only one that doesnt think the TSX is slow?? I mean its not the fastest but it holds its own (performance wise)
Old 03-11-2005, 07:24 AM
Moderator Alumnus

170 HP (159 whp stock and 162 whp with an Injen CAI at toyotanation.com) for a 2650 lbs car with close ratio 6 speed is a quite a lot of power.
I won't flame you, I'll want to race to see, or have you post up a timeslip.

But what I do question is 159whp out of 170 crank hp. That is a hell of an efficient tranny isn't it?
Old 03-11-2005, 08:17 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

I have a great amount of respect for the Corolla. In terms of comapct cars its > * IMO. First rate interior, great on gas and reliable. But its not winning any beauty pagents. Much like the SRT-4 the XRS is IMO pointless as they're both two of the ugliest cars on the road.

And I seriously doubt that after 65 it wasn't even close. Until I see proof I call on that one.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Burning Brakes

hi,
by looking at your video. You really need to shift before redline, a few incidents you were shifting well beyond 7000rpm.

Old 03-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMainEvEnt
hi,
by looking at your video. You really need to shift before redline, a few incidents you were shifting well beyond 7000rpm.

You need to shift just before fuel cut @ 7400 to make the best times.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Special-K

Originally Posted by TheMainEvEnt
hi,

thats good right?? sometimes you gotta just bang it of the limiter to get it out your system!..lol
Old 03-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Special-K

Originally Posted by sauceman
I won't flame you, I'll want to race to see, or have you post up a timeslip.

But what I do question is 159whp out of 170 crank hp. That is a hell of an efficient tranny isn't it?
Last time i saw a timeslip of a Corolla XRS it did 16.1 (somebody mentioned it on a post from MatrixOwners.com), my friend in his "Auto" Matrix Supercharged with I/E, did a 15.8 and on another occasion lower than that (i wasnt there for that one..)
Old 03-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Professional Newbie

7400 eh? sounds bad for the engine....and btw Dan, what IS that avatar?
Old 03-11-2005, 03:27 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by madmanmax3000
7400 eh? sounds bad for the engine....and btw Dan, what IS that avatar?

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=owned
Old 03-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Last time i saw a timeslip of a Corolla XRS it did 16.1 (somebody mentioned it on a post from MatrixOwners.com), my friend in his "Auto" Matrix Supercharged with I/E, did a 15.8 and on another occasion lower than that (i wasnt there for that one..)
Well, 16.1 won't cut it. A few of us ran the TSX down to 15.3.

But I'd like to hear the Corolla XRS guy about this. He looks like he's somewhat documented.

I know for a fact that the Matrix XRS is FAR from being able to follow the TSX.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

bahh its still a carolla at the end of the day. when you arent racing youll get much different looks than i get in my tsx.
and hell you want to play idc what others think card.
well at the end of the day my ass will feel much better than yours.... period.
now if u wanna talk about racing, quit wasting the internet until we see timeslips. you can type until your fingers fall off, unless theres proof theres no reason to speculate it much further.... you arent even in the same class
Old 03-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Advanced

Sorry dont want to sound nasty or anything but that video seems to show a 0 - 60 time of 8 to 9 seconds, is that a manual tsx, or auto?
Old 03-16-2005, 10:39 AM
Special-K

Originally Posted by Boosted_2gz
Sorry dont want to sound nasty or anything but that video seems to show a 0 - 60 time of 8 to 9 seconds, is that a manual tsx, or auto?
Its a 6speed.. the times were close to 8...somethin like 7.9.. it was cold out though..and i had 180lbs+ in the car with me (the video man)..plus it was like 32 Degrees out!..so those were a factor as well..track time this sunday and i'll try to have video of that
Old 03-18-2005, 03:20 AM
Got Milk???

uhh... since when are Corollas "sports sedan"??? Even my mama knows that Toyotas are for granpas. TSX being a "family sedan"? Hmm... that's like someone saying M3 sucks because he aint got the money to even buy one