Smart Fortwo vs TSX

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007 | 10:48 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Smart Fortwo vs TSX

This happened just now, like 10 minutes ago, as I was heading from dinner. I was at a stoplight light in the fast lane, and then there's a Toyota Yaris besides me. Just before the lights turned green, on the furthest right lane, a Smart Fortwo arrived, with a TSX following it behind. Right after the Smart stopped, the lights turned green and the Smart jumped out (well, may be not jumped out, since it didnt have that power too...), the TSX behind it was following close to it. I thought that this might be interesting and decided to give my car (a 133hp 4 cylinder camry) a little bit more gas. The Smart switched from the furthest right lane to the middle lane, and I could hear its engine trying very hard to get the car going, even with my windows closed. The TSX, on the other hand, passed the Smart with no effort at all, at least I could not hear anything from it. The Smart tried to pass the TSX again, but it just couldn't with its 40hp engine. I was gonna prove to the driver of the Smart that even a 133hp camry can beat it. But in the end I didnt do it cause 1.) it was raining; 2.) it was at night. But I am pretty sure I could beat it with ease too. Anyways, it's just hilarious that the Smart was trying so hard to keep up with the TSX when the TSX wasn't even trying.
Old 03-09-2007 | 06:16 AM
Driver/Detailer

Wait til you come up against a Brabus Smart ForTwo. I did... I didn't lose but I didn't win by a big margin either.
Old 03-09-2007 | 08:53 PM
Instructor

he was trying to keep up with the traffic, not the TSX.
Old 03-22-2007 | 09:12 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by CivicEx1998
The SmartForTwo was recently voted England's least comfortable car (largely a result of its short wheelbase, but also highway gearing/power problems); you're right, it wasn't keeping up with the TSX.
Old 03-22-2007 | 11:32 AM
Pro

well true.
went to London a few weeks ago, and saw lots of Smart (roadsters as well)

i mean... they are really the car for "city" driving only,

i wouldn't call it a car - - ;

it's jus perfect for parking.

picture this. and this is true
----street-----------street-----------street-------------------
=car== I ==car== I ==car==

I = smart. they park between cars facing the street.
Old 03-22-2007 | 12:06 PM
Race Director

I would buy a smart car, only thing is I would never drive it on a USA expressway.
Old 03-22-2007 | 12:13 PM
Pro

While in Germany, I saw a ton of Smart cars, and it's common for two ForTwos to park side by side in a single parking spot. The end spots in parking lots and garages are often reserved for ForTwos to park this way.
Old 03-22-2007 | 12:45 PM
I can't find my garage

Originally Posted by CivicEx1998
Old 03-22-2007 | 12:47 PM
I can't find my garage

Originally Posted by iforyou
This happened just now, like 10 minutes ago, as I was heading from dinner. I was at a stoplight light in the fast lane, and then there's a Toyota Yaris besides me. Just before the lights turned green, on the furthest right lane, a Smart Fortwo arrived, with a TSX following it behind. Right after the Smart stopped, the lights turned green and the Smart jumped out (well, may be not jumped out, since it didnt have that power too...), the TSX behind it was following close to it. I thought that this might be interesting and decided to give my car (a 133hp 4 cylinder camry) a little bit more gas. The Smart switched from the furthest right lane to the middle lane, and I could hear its engine trying very hard to get the car going, even with my windows closed. The TSX, on the other hand, passed the Smart with no effort at all, at least I could not hear anything from it. The Smart tried to pass the TSX again, but it just couldn't with its 40hp engine. I was gonna prove to the driver of the Smart that even a 133hp camry can beat it. But in the end I didnt do it cause 1.) it was raining; 2.) it was at night. But I am pretty sure I could beat it with ease too. Anyways, it's just hilarious that the Smart was trying so hard to keep up with the TSX when the TSX wasn't even trying.
wait, are you trying to claim that your camry could be a tsx?
Old 03-22-2007 | 01:52 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mltk53
wait, are you trying to claim that your camry could be a tsx?

No, I'm pretty sure he was saying he could take out the SMART easily ...
Old 03-22-2007 | 09:22 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

haha yea I have seen a Fortwo parking perpendicular to other cars here in Vancouver. It fitted into the spot so nicely that I didn't notice until I was right beside it. It's amazing.

I agree guys, that Fortwo was probably trying its best to keep up with other traffic.

And hell no man, I've driven a loaner TSX before and it's million times faster than my camry. My camry is so slow that if I tried, the TSX might think I was trying to race him or something and thus embarrass myself.