Autocrossed the TSX Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 01:52 PM
FOOSHKA!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autocrossed the TSX Saturday

I brought my TSX to the Boston BMWCCA autocross this saturday since my 99 Camaro Z28 was having valvetrain issues. I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the TSX on the course in completely stock setup including the all season tires. I mean yeah you gotta slow WAAAAAAAAAY down before you enter tight turns at high speeds, but the whole thing had very good feel to it. I was able to floor it through slaloms and set the weight transfer the way I wanted. The stock shocks could probably use a little more dampening but they work very well as far as feeling the car. I was only in like 9th out of 19 cars which includes my very helpful G-Stock pax index where most people were on a harder pax to overcome. The main stuff I wasn't used to was the extreme oversteer and the lack of torque which I usually have all the time in my LS1 camaro :-).

This car would be decently competitive if I had a little more practice on it and put in some stiffer shocks and falken azenis tires. These would keep me in stock class. Though I'm going to try to keep my TSX off the track and keep it as my daily driver as much as possible and let the Camaro take the beating it was meant to take. I just thought I'd praise the TSX a bit though since I thought it was going to be impossible to do well in on the autocross course.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by bryan14309
I brought my TSX to the Boston BMWCCA autocross this saturday since my 99 Camaro Z28 was having valvetrain issues. I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the TSX on the course in completely stock setup including the all season tires. I mean yeah you gotta slow WAAAAAAAAAY down before you enter tight turns at high speeds, but the whole thing had very good feel to it. I was able to floor it through slaloms and set the weight transfer the way I wanted. The stock shocks could probably use a little more dampening but they work very well as far as feeling the car. I was only in like 9th out of 19 cars which includes my very helpful G-Stock pax index where most people were on a harder pax to overcome. The main stuff I wasn't used to was the extreme oversteer and the lack of torque which I usually have all the time in my LS1 camaro :-).

This car would be decently competitive if I had a little more practice on it and put in some stiffer shocks and falken azenis tires. These would keep me in stock class. Though I'm going to try to keep my TSX off the track and keep it as my daily driver as much as possible and let the Camaro take the beating it was meant to take. I just thought I'd praise the TSX a bit though since I thought it was going to be impossible to do well in on the autocross course.
Nice stuff!!!

But did you really mean to say the exteme oversteer on the TSX??? Or is it understeer?

btw
Old 10-04-2005, 02:27 PM
FOOSHKA!

Yes understeer is what I meant. I guess you can't edit posts in this forum software.

Sorry this was just a review from someone who raced a TSX after racing a camaro for the past two years, and a few other vehicles autocross tested here and there. I have no pics to provide.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:34 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
autocross in boston? where?
Old 10-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Top notch 6MT

Yes understeer is what I meant. I guess you can't edit posts in this forum software.

Sorry this was just a review from someone who raced a TSX after racing a camaro for the past two years, and a few other vehicles autocross tested here and there. I have no pics to provide.
so what sorts of cars were running that day? which beat you and which you beat?
Old 10-04-2005, 02:36 PM
FOOSHKA!

Originally Posted by jiggaman
autocross in boston? where?
Its the Boston BMWCCA but the autocross is held at Fort Devins in Ayer MA.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:42 PM
FOOSHKA!

Originally Posted by 05_TSX_GP
so what sorts of cars were running that day? which beat you and which you beat?

There was a lot of BMWs obviously ;-). In my class a few of the cars were a 350z, g35 coupe, rx8 two drivers (beat one driver, the other one won 1st), lotus elise, z06, etc. In autocross it's not about the cars you win and lose to, its the drivers. Though it's easier for the same skill driver to win with a Miata than a TSX probably in most cases, it's still mostly about the driver.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:52 AM
Master Graphic Artist

Ouch AutoXing on stock tires... I remember after my first time autoxing on them i killed like 8000 miles of tread.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:50 AM
FOOSHKA!

Well when these stock tires go, I'll put some winter tires on these wheels and pick up a set of 5 star OEM rims and put summer tires on them.