Window won't roll up

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window won't roll up

So I took my front passenger side door panel off to replace my fatmat with dynamat xtreme (btw fatmat is junk, don't waste your time with it - it melts and leaks in warm weather). Here is the problem: My window will not roll up. When i press the switch down, it engages/clicks and the green light comes on, but when I try to roll it up, nothing - no click sound or recognition that I am trying to roll the window up. I tried it from the driver side controls and I get the same deal - it recognizes the window down, but no response for window up.

I don't think it is the motor as I have not had any problems before with the windows rolling up slowly or anything like that. I think it's the switch module or whatever it is called.

Anybody have any thoughts? I plan to go to the dealer tommorrw, but would rather just get/order the part then have to leave it with them for them to diagnose the problem.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Intermediate

One other request - If anyone has a service manual and can post pictures of what the window switch assembly/window switch components look like, that would be very helpful. A small white plastic piece fell out when I took off the door. It has two gold tabs/prongs on it. It did not seem to fit anywhere on the switch assembly, but I may be overlooking something. Perhaps that is the problem . . .

Thanks
Old 07-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Instructor

sounds like the switch itself and the contacts within it fell apart. (the white clip and gold prongs) You need to make sure you got all the pieces and put them back together. Your probably missing the contact for the 'up' part of the switch.