Too pursue Lemon laws or not

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 04:31 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too pursue Lemon laws or not

I thought I would share my experience of getting into a 05 TSX. It started out in April 04 when I bought a 04 Xterra new. After 1800 Miles AC when out. Over the course of 10 months the AC system failed and additional 2X. I was in the shop (Nissan) all the time. They told me when you purchase a car expect problems. What BS. They also told me winning a lemon law is very difficult. Not true! I wrote a letter to Nissan and explained my dissastisfaction with there product. I gave them all the repair reciepts and contract. They did not contact me over the course of 4 months. Finally I called Nissan and told them I gave them a chance and now under the Mag-Molly Act I had obtained a lawyer, and I was taking them to court. The next day Nissan called and offered me my money back or a replacement xterra. Long story short, If you are not happy with your purchase, where it causes significant hardship (being in the shop on your days off), you can get your money back. You dont even need to go through arbitration. Now your consumer laws, and only communicate through writing. Phone conversations get nowhere.

I am very happy now and you cant imagine how satisfied I am with ACURA TSX. What a great car, at least for me, and probably the majority of owners. However every once and while a lemon is produced. GET YOUR MONEY BACK, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE. I hope this thread helps some of you considering pursing arbitration
Old 09-06-2005, 04:39 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
good info to know....and glad your tsx is treating you well.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:45 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I had a faulty Audi. After several trips to the shop after owning only a couple of weeks, they addmitted to fraud (they skimmed on the certification process) and I threated them with a lawsuit. Long story short...they bought my car back from me.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:50 PM
CG is the place to be...

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
I had a faulty Audi. After several trips to the shop after owning only a couple of weeks, they addmitted to fraud (they skimmed on the certification process) and I threated them with a lawsuit. Long story short...they bought my car back from me.
If they admitted to fraud, I think i would have pushed a little harder and not only had them buy the car back, but give you some serious discounts on your next purchase. if you were caught committing fraud againt audi, i am sure that they would get as much out of you as possible. just my
Old 09-06-2005, 05:07 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by knthornt
If they admitted to fraud, I think i would have pushed a little harder and not only had them buy the car back, but give you some serious discounts on your next purchase. if you were caught committing fraud againt audi, i am sure that they would get as much out of you as possible. just my
Well, they admitted to not completing the certification process, which i paid extra for. Essentially that can be narrowed down to fraud. I never accused them of it because it never actually came to that. I only told them I was going to get an attorney involved (then knew i work for a top law firm). They offered me a great deal on a new TT, but i just couldn't afford it. They wound up just buying the car back and we both went on our ways. Couldn't be happier with the TSX now
Old 09-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So after its all said and done Dave, how much did the process cost you?
Old 09-06-2005, 06:55 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by joerockt
So after its all said and done Dave, how much did the process cost you?
I lost $700 for usage of the vehicle based on mileage of 18000K . They reimbursed registration and license fee as well
Old 09-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaveoM
I lost $700 for usage of the vehicle based on mileage of 18000K . They reimbursed registration and license fee as well
Not bad at all. Seems that all you need to do is mentioned the word "lawyer" and they jump.