Seat Creak, Messed up CD player

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004 | 05:12 PM
ArmoTSX

Seat Creak, Messed up CD player

Has anyone had problems with creaking noises when you move around in the seats ? This is in the driver's seat and its driving me crazy. The dealer cant figure it out, and they seem reluctant to do anything about it. Its obviously a spring within the seat. Does the seat need to be taken apart, or just replaced ?

Next, CD #5 keeps spitting out the CD before it will even play. What's worse, this or the risk of developing even more freaking rattles after the pull out the stereo ? I'm reluctant to have this fixed for that reason... Pathetic.

Anyone thinking about an Audi in their future ? I passed on an A4 to avoid stuff like this.
Old 11-28-2004 | 05:13 PM
UK Spec

go to another dealership and see if thye fix it..

as for cd5, try it wither nother cd...
Old 11-28-2004 | 05:23 PM
ArmoTSX

Yeah. I had a Honda. It was a Civic and it was a hell of a lot less of a pain in the ass than this car. And it was paid for.
Old 11-28-2004 | 06:30 PM
Registered AssHat

14 posts...I love people that come to the forums to just bitch.
Old 12-02-2004 | 12:24 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lung Fu Mo Shi
14 posts...I love people that come to the forums to just bitch.
He expects more out of an Acura, similar to me.

He probably comes to the forum to ask if others if they are experiencing these problems as both a way to vent his understandable frustrations and to see if anybody else has had the problem fixed to ease the anxiety of the dealer messing up his car trying half a$$ed repairs.

I too have been pretty disappointed in this car. I have the creaking seat, too. And all my lights went out in the center stack. Picked up a couple of small rattles in the replacement of the radio, so that, too, is possilbe.

Rotors are warped, passenger door speaker rattles (1st dealer attempt failed), the hood looks like a minefield from chips, and now the clutch, for a second time, is clicking like crazy.

I went with the Acura to avoid exactly this kind of BS. MY '02 GT Mustang Vert has NEVER been back to the dealer for anything. Absolutly perfect. Funny thing is I almost didn't buy the Stang for fears over quality, and I never once second guessed the Acura over quality concerns.
Old 12-02-2004 | 01:54 PM
ArmoTSX

You totally understand. Sounds like we purchased the same damn car. I've had the same problems, but I'm not heading to the Ford dealer anytime soon LOL. Based on your experience, I'm not letting them touch the center stack or stereo at this point. I guess the seat needs to be taken apart. Thanks...
Old 12-02-2004 | 02:14 PM
who's right, who's wrong?

So you're blaming Acura for the inadequacies of whichever dealership you chose to repair your car?

BTW, if you really think an Audi will be less problematic, you're in for a huge disappointment. I've had four VW products, and my uncle has had three Audis. My Jetta was at the dealership nine times in the 13 times I owned it.
Old 12-02-2004 | 08:45 PM
ArmoTSX

Truth be told... I'm on my second dealership for service which is a big improvement over the first. Thanks for the VW/Audi insight... despite the problems, there's still much that I love about this car.
Old 12-02-2004 | 08:57 PM

Believe me, I adore the A4 as well but I can't bring myself to own another one. I know that there isn't a make which doesn't have problems, however I am limited to one Audi dealership here in Vegas and they're horrible.

IMO, the service department is as large of a consideration in my car purchase decision as the car itself is.
Old 12-02-2004 | 08:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jaydub
So you're blaming Acura for the inadequacies of whichever dealership you chose to repair your car?

BTW, if you really think an Audi will be less problematic, you're in for a huge disappointment. I've had four VW products, and my uncle has had three Audis. My Jetta was at the dealership nine times in the 13 times I owned it.
I'm blaming Acura for all the problems my car has had.

All I am saying is I am disappointed in the Acura Quality Control that allowed these problems to make it into my car.

Car would never even be at the dealer if it wasn't for all the QC problems at the plant and outright design flaws.

Overall I still love the car, but alot of the fun is lost in the problems I have had.

As far as Audi / VW go, they are about as bad as it gets with regard to quality. I know several people who have had terrible reliability problems with both brands.

I would however really consider an IS300. My wife has had an RX300 and now an RX330 and the dealership and overall quality are leagues above what I have experienced with Acura.
Old 12-02-2004 | 09:13 PM

Sorry to hear about your ownership experience.

Quality control only goes so far, however, and I think the limit comes in that mechanical parts will not always fit together and work together properly, no matter how close the tolerances are. I can idenfity with the sentiment that problems take away from the fun of ownership, my Jetta was a blast to drive (and I just went and drove a 2004 Jetta GLI and loved it to death) but the problems I had made it impossible to keep.

I hope you guys are able to get your problems ironed out in one way or another, I had always considered Acura to be pretty good in terms of customer service, so here's hoping they live up to that standard.

On a sidenote -- my mom drives an RX300 and she's had excellent luck with it. Perhaps it's just me, but it just feels like a Toyota to me. It's nothing special.
Old 12-03-2004 | 04:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jaydub
Sorry to hear about your ownership experience.

Quality control only goes so far, however, and I think the limit comes in that mechanical parts will not always fit together and work together properly, no matter how close the tolerances are. I can idenfity with the sentiment that problems take away from the fun of ownership, my Jetta was a blast to drive (and I just went and drove a 2004 Jetta GLI and loved it to death) but the problems I had made it impossible to keep.

I hope you guys are able to get your problems ironed out in one way or another, I had always considered Acura to be pretty good in terms of customer service, so here's hoping they live up to that standard.

On a sidenote -- my mom drives an RX300 and she's had excellent luck with it. Perhaps it's just me, but it just feels like a Toyota to me. It's nothing special.
RX300 and RX330 are pretty different animals. The 300 had 16" wheels with pretty sloppy tires and the 330 has 18" (option) that make a pretty big difference. Still not anything really special in the driving department, but they do have a real nice ride and the features and overall comfort are top notch. I wouldn't buy it for me, that is why I have a TSX and a GT Mustang Vert.

Hopefully I get everything resolved. I love the design and handling, just a bit disappointed in the quality. Once those items are fixed, I'm sure I'll be in love with it again.