Scuffed Faux Leather (Sad)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Scuffed Faux Leather (Sad)

Hi guys,

Ok, so I had such an awful morning (this should tell you, by the way, how obsessed I am with my new car). So I opened one of the backdoors of my car to put a large filing box on one of my seats, and in the process, the edge of the filing box BARELY nicked the back (right along the seam) of the passenger side front seats. So I looked and to my horror, there was a teeny tiny scuff (really, really little) in the faux leather that makes up the back of the front seat. Panicked, I started rubbing to try to see if I could remove the mark (BAD idea). I made it much, much worse, and now I've created a very small but upsetting quarter inch slightly discolored mark on the back on the front seat. Sigh. Is there any hope? How can I fix this? Is there a way, either on my own or professionally?

All help is appreciated :-(
Old 04-09-2008, 09:55 AM
JDM Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, it's vinyl.

so go to the wash and wax forum and look at vinyl car.
or search the wash and wax forum for vinyl scratch removal.

read up in there.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:59 AM
ASM 3G TL Type-S

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Why would you be transporting a ‘large filing box’ on your back seat anyway, I wouldn’t dream of putting anything that big on my pleather, you should have transported it in the trunk or at least folded down the seats, anyway I don’t think there is much you can do with scuffed or torn leather… I am just like you; very anal about my car after a while I learn to forget about those small imperfections.

I say live with it....
Old 04-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My rear seats are already getting beat up. My hockey sticks don't do them any favors and they don't fit in the trunk. I suppose I could fold down the seats but then I'd be driving around like that all the time and it makes the cabin a lot more noisy.

In the end, it's a functional piece of machinery, not a museum on wheels. Try to keep that in mind when your blood pressure starts to rise.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Cruisin'

lol Well said.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

try to get it out with water. if that doesn't work, maybe leather cleaner/conditioner might help?
Old 04-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Advanced

Or do what we do.....use a towel to cover the seat when anything other than a purse or other fabric covered/plastic bag is placed on the seat.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Burning Brakes

consider yourself lucky. The entire left side of my driver's seat is WORN & TORN, making it look like a cheap-ass pleather seat. Since I'm vertically challenged (5'0) I need to keep my seat pulled far ahead for driving. Since my seat is pulled so far ahead, I rub against the bolster each time I get in and out of my car. This has resulted in the seat being worn to shreds, literally. I've had it replaced once under warranty, and now, less than a year later, it looks worse than it did the first time.