rattle noise when hitting bumps from front passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 08:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rattle noise when hitting bumps from front passenger side

Have u guys heard alot of rattleling coming from the front of the passenger seat dash area. I always hear squeeking from there when I hit a bump?
Old 10-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Intermediate

dont worry you'll get used to it.Lots of new Acuras seems to have rattles mines does and the dealer can never figure out how to fix the problem.
The following users liked this post:
Lucatoni101 (11-12-2021)
Old 10-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My main annoying rattles come from my rear view mirror, the damm thing is loose the part that connects to the windshield. So annyoing, especially in the morning during the cold
Old 10-06-2004, 10:04 PM
1st Gear

I have the same noise!!

I have the same noise, and it aggravates me to no end. I just got my car...I've only had it a week. This started happening a couple of days after I drove it home. I have an appointment in a couple of weeks to get it checked out. If I find anything out, I'll post it. I hope they can fix it. I didn't buy an Acura to have to put up with noises...that's one of the reasons I got rid of my last car...to get away from squeaks, rattles, and other noises!
Old 10-06-2004, 11:21 PM
Stock to the MAX

i'm having the exact same problem also. I can't pinpoint the exact location but its definitely coming from the front pass. side dash. Hopefully my dealer can figure it out because it's driving me nuts.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Advanced

Me, too. Same place. Hit right @ 200 mile mark five days after purchase. Sounds like plastic creaking. Not all bumps, but the larger ones, about half the time. It is consistent and conspicuous. Worst part is getting conditioned to listen for it. What to do? Dealer may attempt some half-assed remedy that may be temporary or make things worse. Could it diminish and go away over time? Haven't even had it in to get the permanent plates on yet. Already wondering the best way to phrase it to service--'Uh, oh, how are you guys handling the rattling issues?' Probably the first good test of the quality of the dept where I purchased and will be stuck for service. In meantime, have been too busy appreciating the true qualities and appeal of this vehicle-it's a thing of beauty.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:11 AM
eve
Burning Brakes

Same issue here. Got my car a week ago and first 4 days were fine. Now I hear rattles from the front passenger side, especially in the morning. I don't want to get used to them because it's an issue Acura should address. If it doesn't stop I will have to get it checked out.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Instructor

Yes, I get rattles - also creaking sounds from the area where the windshield meets the dash. They seem to be more noticeable when the car is cold.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:01 AM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
it might be a dead rodent? the like to crawl into places like that.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:56 AM
08 MDX with Sports

Samething here but like a spring kinda sound, i'm going to install comptech springs soon so lets see what happens...
Old 10-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Instructor

I have the same problem with the passenger side. However mine sounds more like popping or cracking than creaking...please update.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:34 PM
Intermediate

I too have the squeaking noise when I hit larger potholes and stuff but it doesn't bother me that much as it doesn't happen very often. However, I tried putting my foot down on the passenger side floor and I noticed that it makes noise similar to creaking floorboard or something. I'm thinking that's what's causing the squeaking noise when you hit large bumps and potholes??
Old 10-20-2004, 02:20 PM
8th Gear

Same.

Exact same issue here. Annoying but not the end of the world. Wish it could be fixed though...
Old 10-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Instructor

Similar problem - but the creak/rattle noise appears to be from the either the headliner or the front light group. Dealer says they have not had any similar complaints yet.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:02 PM
Cruisin'

Same thing here - rattle on passenger side. But I think my rattle is on the seat itself, not the dash. I hear it when no one's sitting on the passenger side. If I hit the seatback (lightly though! not pound on it) I hear the rattle. Kind of feels like the recline latch didn't fully lock in place even though the lever is fully seated in its down position.

I know there are weight sensor to determine proper airbag deployment for the passenger side (that's why the seat heater is just for the seat bottom, not the seat back). Could that be loose somehow? Anyone experience any problems with this?
Old 10-25-2004, 03:25 PM
Advanced

Have the same issue. Just turned 4K miles and getting colder here in NJ. It looks like there are no remedies...if anyone knows of one please post. Its ridiculous...my older Civic and Accord never rattled like this.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:54 PM
6 speed yo!

yay brought tha TSX to the dealer this morning less than 2 hours later my car was ready and washed NO MORE RATTLES!!! i don't know what they did but its not there thank god.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:11 AM
Burning Brakes

my appear on the passenager side window ... and dealer cant really fix it .. ~~ i think they just put some oil to make it more smooth .. but doesn't help alot .. ~~ anyway ... Acura haven't really fixed any problems on my car except the stero unit one .. ~~
Old 10-26-2004, 06:54 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by tsxhondatuner
yay brought tha TSX to the dealer this morning less than 2 hours later my car was ready and washed NO MORE RATTLES!!! i don't know what they did but its not there thank god.
For the sake of other board members please find out what they did and in detail if possible. What rattles were fixed? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:27 PM
6 speed yo!

man am mad haha i was drivin home from work and the rattle is back. seriously im not going to put up with it. im paying for the car so everything thats wrong with it i get even more mad. im calling the dealer again tomorrow and if they can't fix it then my mom is going to call someone. atleast shes a lawyer and works for collection agency man thats hella stupid. acura obviously knows the rattle is there. im going to laugh if the RL has rattles on it lol .
Old 10-28-2004, 09:25 AM
9th Gear

Rattle - Passenger Dash Area

I purchased my TSX in August, and within the last month started to hear a very annoying rattle from the passenger dash area.

I took it into the local dealer who attempted to fix it and he said their first "fix" made it worse. Now the passenger seat is out, console removed and they are in the process of removing the dash. They have had the car since tuesday. He said the noise is comming from where the dash meets the windshield........I will keep you posted on how it turns out
Old 10-28-2004, 09:27 AM
9th Gear

My car has the same problem per the dealer. They have the dash completly torn apart, passenger seat removed along with the console, trying to fix it.......
Old 12-04-2004, 03:35 AM
Advanced

Nice easy fix (so far)

Read about it on one of these rattle threads and couldn't be more thankful. Simply press down hard on the black plastic or poly-urethane cowling or moulding along the bottom of the exterior front window between it and the top of the hood. You may or may not hear something click or settle into place. Took nice long (100+mi) bumpy ride today and heard a mere handful of quite light and even acceptable creaks--a 95 % improvement. Hope it holds. Temp on way back should have been cold enough (45*) to trigger the regular and loud creaks I had been hearing. It damn sure was bumpy enough. Ahhh, to drive in peace and quiet, and thanks to the informative contributions on this board. Only time will tell..........
Old 12-04-2004, 07:09 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,233 Likes on 823 Posts
Originally Posted by rifleman
Read about it on one of these rattle threads and couldn't be more thankful. Simply press down hard on the black plastic or poly-urethane cowling or moulding along the bottom of the exterior front window between it and the top of the hood. You may or may not hear something click or settle into place. Took nice long (100+mi) bumpy ride today and heard a mere handful of quite light and even acceptable creaks--a 95 % improvement. Hope it holds. Temp on way back should have been cold enough (45*) to trigger the regular and loud creaks I had been hearing. It damn sure was bumpy enough. Ahhh, to drive in peace and quiet, and thanks to the informative contributions on this board. Only time will tell..........

I tried that but it didn't work for me. Good luck.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:02 AM
4th Gear

Dash board Rattle is finally fixed !!!

Rattle is Finally fixed !!!!

After secound time I have taken it in, they finally fixed the problem.

They have found that the windshield is was sitting on a body plug which was not
supposed to be there. The windsheild was putting pressure on the body plug which was located on the lower right hand side of the firewall of the passenger side. Here is what the Dealer listed of the repair invoice

"4625 Foreign object (Body Plug from factory) 841099 2.0 after identifying the rattle sound on several test drives, there was a body plug found wedged between the front windsheild and the body/dash support. This plug is for exterior use only and has been there since assembly. Removal of object quieted verified noise was gone Plug was saved with repair order after identifying."

This plug was not suppose to be there and the dealer had check other TSX's and they dont have this plug there. Why I had the plug there remains to be a mystery
and considered a factory defect
Old 12-13-2004, 06:48 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,233 Likes on 823 Posts
Originally Posted by csjarvis

supposed to be there. The windsheild was putting pressure on the body plug which was located on the lower right hand side of the firewall of the passenger side. Here is what the Dealer listed of the repair invoice

"4625 Foreign object (Body Plug from factory) 841099 2.0 after identifying the rattle sound on several test drives, there was a body plug found wedged between the front windsheild and the body/dash support. This plug is for exterior use only and has been there since assembly. Removal of object quieted verified noise was gone Plug was saved with repair order after identifying."

This plug was not suppose to be there and the dealer had check other TSX's and they dont have this plug there. Why I had the plug there remains to be a mystery
Thanks, and that is very strange.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:39 AM
UK Accord Type-S

Hi I am the owner of a UK Accord Type-S and have no such rattles etc...guess i maybe lucky! :-) The car I have was made in Japan. I was just wondering do you guys know where your acura was manufactured?
Old 12-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Quattro in.....

Originally Posted by alnug
Hi I am the owner of a UK Accord Type-S and have no such rattles etc...guess i maybe lucky! :-) The car I have was made in Japan. I was just wondering do you guys know where your acura was manufactured?
They are made in Japan.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Racer

i have noises comming from my seat belt adjusters on the B pillar. if you hold them the nosies go away. too bad theres no easy way to fix them

wow talk abotu a poitnless post...
Old 12-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Racer

anyone pinpoint anything yet? i just insulated the plastic cover on the side of the passenger dash area... the part you can only see when the door is open. it had alot of play and now its solid stiff. unfortunately, i still hear some random rattle over large bumps. any ideas?
Old 12-20-2004, 10:44 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by mrcenzo
anyone pinpoint anything yet? i just insulated the plastic cover on the side of the passenger dash area... the part you can only see when the door is open. it had alot of play and now its solid stiff. unfortunately, i still hear some random rattle over large bumps. any ideas?
What did you use to do this? I have that same plastic part which is just slightly loose. I was trying to insert some foam in the gap kind of like what some folks have done with the windshield/dashboard/A-pillar problem, but the clearance is a bit too small.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Racer

if you open up the glove box, you can stick a long screwdriver in there and sort of push it out enough so you can stick a finger in there and pop it off. theres two hook-style clips at the bottom so make sure you pull from the top or sides so you dont break anything off.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:50 PM
4th Gear

As I said in other thread, mine got fixed by the dealer. I don't know whether this is the same problem some of you might experiencing. From the driver side, the rattle seems to come from the passenger side, while from the passenger side you will notice it at your left side. My problem was the domelinght/Homelink ceiling console that was making the vibration. Also, for those whose could get the rattle noise repeated when you're at your dealer. Try this, slightly press on the brake and press gently accelerate pedale (of course not very good for you brake)... the vibration get worse.

"My TSX's rattling noise is fixed by the Dealer today.

Just got my TSX 2005 at the begining of Dec. Noticed annoying rattling sound and it seemed to come from the passenger side door. It only happens when I accelerate swiftly and at only around 1800 to 2000 rev/min. Just brought my TSX to the dealer today, during the test drive, I was sitting at the passenger side (first time!), I noticed that the sound is instead coming from the domelinght/Homelink ceiling console just in front of the sunroof. Put my hand there and noticed the vibration. The dealer noticed and confirmed the vibration too.

Here is the deale's work log:
"1228 R/T The car with the customer and heard a noise from the domelight/homelink console RE and RE the console and R/T again. The rattlling nose seeems to be gone"

Yes, indeed. No rattling anymore.... I don't know what they did, I guess they just removed and reinstalled properly the console. I guess this is an assembly/workmanship problem at Acura."
Old 03-20-2008, 11:56 AM
8th Gear

05 TSX Passenger Dash squeak/rattle. Mainly when cold in the AM. Luckily I live in AZ so it was never really bad.
Was into the dealer 3 times. First time they couldn't really find it, but sprayed something down between the windshield/dash to try to fix it.
Second time they did the same thing, but it was still there, so took it in a third time.
When I arrived the third time they said they could try to replace the dash, but since it is a cantilevered dash there is no guarantee that a new one will solve the problem.
I decided that I did not want my baby violated in that matter, so didn't have them touch it. Much to my surprise the sound went away the next day. It's been two years (knock on wood) and the sound is gone.
Also when I was there talking to the technician he said you think the TSX has noise problems...you should see the TL's. I know the TSX's are from Japan and the TL's are from the US.....I wonder if that is the reason. He was supposedly the guru for squeaks and rattles for the dealership.
Sorry this doesn't provide a real fix, but it does indicate that it is a design flaw in the dash itself.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:10 AM
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
I get this really annoying rattle from my front door locks (from music and rough roads). And the little plastic panel on the drivers side of the dash (hidden when the door is closed).
Old 03-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Instructor

The february 2008 TSB has a fix for front door rattles and creaks. I just got it done at the dealership under warranty.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Intermediate

it just happened...

Originally Posted by csjarvis

Thanks for this tip, I definitely have to try it before I bring my 07 TSX to the local dealer. I was driving on New York Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (BQE), a road which is famous for it's forever construction, I started to hear an annoying rattle sound on the passenger dash board. I had my wife put her ear around all places while I was driving. ( couldn't change lane coz she blocked the side mirror). She said the noise was from the A-Pillar near the airbag area. My car has only 7,500 miles on it but it seems many got this problem right after they got it from the dealership. This is truly annoying noise and it cannot go away even if I put my stereo volume to high...I really had the thought to trade-in this car after only 1 and 1/2 years of ownership.... I had zero problem with my 98 Accord before I turned in to TSX.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Pro

My fix took forever to isolate, but was an simple fix, and my glovebox has been noise free ever since. YMMV:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...t=glove+rattle
Old 05-25-2020, 08:04 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by 808-TSX
dont worry you'll get used to it.Lots of new Acuras seems to have rattles mines does and the dealer can never figure out how to fix the problem.
try to check ur backing plate behind the rotor sometimes they are loose and makes a rattling sound every time you hit bumps the backing plate maybe hitting the rotor i pushed mine back and it stopped making noise
Old 05-25-2020, 08:07 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by John Valdez
try to check ur backing plate behind the rotor sometimes they are loose and makes a rattling sound every time you hit bumps the backing plate maybe hitting the rotor i pushed mine back and it stopped making noise
another thing can cause it is when you have sway bar pushing try to play with it sway bar and see if the bushings are bad