projector swap on 2006 jdm headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 02:06 AM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
projector swap on 2006 jdm headlights

so for all of those who have swapped out your projectors...
since my wreck.. my drivers headlight was smashed and all that remained was the projector.. i thought i would have been able to swap the projector out.. but the glass was a lil cracked.. soo i was able to actually even break it down to the glass and the projector housing..
i swapped the drivers side.. but left the passenger side JDM...
as reach has stated before elsewhere... i now have more light in the center...
what do you guys think??? should i swap the passenger side also for a more cleaner cut??

with stock jdm projectors... [i think the previous owner had adjusted the servo a lil weird... so i had to change it out]

after my usdm swap on the drivers side.

p.s. removing the servos was pretty simple.. however adjusting the levels was a tad bit hard.. since you gotta pull / push a littler further so they will sit in place.. then just hope they dont fall anymore!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:39 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cut looks sloppy.. not nearly as crisp as it should..
Old 08-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I disagree. If you current setup is the second photo, I like it.

Can you get a picture from a flat surface tho? Its hard to make a good judgement with your car being on an angle like that, and uphill. Just take it to a parking lot behind a big store somewhere in your area, and do the proper HID adjustment procedure. Its in the service manual and copied in the forums somewhere, but I cannot remember offhand. Its something like park your car 16 feet from a wall on a level surface, make a mark 20-some inches off the ground, and you level your HIDs out to there.

No idea what you're talking about with "servos"

Oh, and to adjust the vertical level of JDM lights, you need to rotate the knob on the back of the auto-leveling module with some needle nose pliers. The US headlights have an easy to use adjustment bolt, but the JDMs come with the auto-leveling feature, which we do not have.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:19 AM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Reach
I disagree. If you current setup is the second photo, I like it.

Can you get a picture from a flat surface tho? Its hard to make a good judgement with your car being on an angle like that, and uphill. Just take it to a parking lot behind a big store somewhere in your area, and do the proper HID adjustment procedure. Its in the service manual and copied in the forums somewhere, but I cannot remember offhand. Its something like park your car 16 feet from a wall on a level surface, make a mark 20-some inches off the ground, and you level your HIDs out to there.

No idea what you're talking about with "servos"

Oh, and to adjust the vertical level of JDM lights, you need to rotate the knob on the back of the auto-leveling module with some needle nose pliers. The US headlights have an easy to use adjustment bolt, but the JDMs come with the auto-leveling feature, which we do not have.

ya those modules.. = servos.. i think thats what they were called. =X.. i took em out then i used this hook deal to just pull out the white hole...
hmm i'll have to find a place some time.. i drove around with this setup
and its AWESOME.. way better than before.