Power steering whine, unfixable! Help me

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2023, 12:26 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power steering whine, unfixable! Help me

Hello 05 6mt here with over 250k miles

bought the car a little over 2 year ago, since then I’ve wrecked it and rebuilt the whole front end doing a front clip swap. Welded it on myself.

but my issue is my power steering. It groans quite load and can be hard to turn when at low rpm’s.

I have replaced every component at least once if not more than once. At one point I replaced everything g with brand new parts.

every line and hose and clamp and clip. I’ve replaced probably 5 pumps, multiple low pressure hoses, multiple high pressure hoses. I’ve flushed my system multiple time with Honda oem ps fluid. I’ve tried the high/low pressure o ring fix. I have no leaks at all anymore (fixed this when I replaced the whole system including the rack and pinion and every pc of hardware with it. Currently I have an AutoZone pump in it so I have just been taking advantage of their lifetime warranty every time I wanna try and fix it again.

but regardless nothing changes. I cannot get it to stop groaning and at this point I have just come to accept I can’t! But it’s so annoying and I don’t wanna admit defeat.

please someone help me! I’ve scoured the web.

I’ve bled the system with my car on/off the ground for as long as 2 hours turning the wheel back and forth the whole time. I’ve done that with with my car running and turned off!

here’s the kicker! My ps overflow doesn’t foam at all! I have nice swirls. After flushing the system, the next time I turn on the car it practically goes from clear gold to almost dark brown/muddy yellow. I don’t know what to do anymore this post is my last hope!!! Help a guy out y’all
Old 08-10-2023, 11:53 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fix it yet? My default solution to most problems is to replace with OEM parts
Old 08-12-2023, 02:25 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by curyfury
Fix it yet? My default solution to most problems is to replace with OEM parts

sadly I have not. It would really cost me a big chunk of money to replace everything with oem parts ($1400 in the hole already) because the oem rack costs $1600 itself.

and if just simply using oem parts fixed the problem I’d seriously lose my mind because I wouldnt even know what was actually wrong with it to begin with
Old 08-12-2023, 05:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,616 Likes on 6,654 Posts
Originally Posted by DREWSTROYER13
sadly I have not. It would really cost me a big chunk of money to replace everything with oem parts ($1400 in the hole already) because the oem rack costs $1600 itself.

and if just simply using oem parts fixed the problem I’d seriously lose my mind because I wouldnt even know what was actually wrong with it to begin with
that’s what happens when you throw parts at the problem instead of properly troubleshooting