passenger windows broken? Mechanic says window motors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 12:12 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile passenger windows broken? Mechanic says window motors?

So i've been looking around before posting this and haven't quite found anybody with a similar issue. I own a 2005 TSX MT with about 132k miles on it. I have had a few problems in the past but were easily repaired since it was under warranty.

About 6 months ago, the windows stopped working... The passenger front, and both rear windows will not go up/or down. I've checked to see if the "window lock" button was engaged, but it wasn't. I have also taken off the door panel and reset the wire connection between the switch. I've checked fuses and still no luck...

The mechanic i brought my car into when i had other maintenance done said the window motors are shot...But i find it hard to believe that ALL 3 go at the same exact time! I can imagine one then another, but all 3 all at the same time seemed a bit strange to me...

Does anybody know what this issues solution is?
Old 06-10-2014, 08:37 AM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nonsense, I'm a mechanic myself and we get plenty of people coming from other shops with issues like this. Did you see them remove the switch and test it? A faulty master switch can cause all other windows not to work. Test out another master window switch from an 04-08 TSX or 03-07 Accord. You can pop it out and replace it yourself, or borrow a friends and test from there.

Now don't get me wrong it is possible all 3 can be shot, but VERY unlikely in that manner seeing the circumstances.
The following users liked this post:
goldbergm6 (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 12:44 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks

yeah, i appreciate your response and knowing you're a mechanic gives me comfort...

i forgot to add that when using the switch on the driver's side, the window makes a clicking sound on the passenger door but still doesn't do anything....